HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by davidterrell80, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jan 13, 2013, 07:29 AM
UMs & parkflyers... for now.
United States, VA, Herndon
Joined Apr 2012
2,818 Posts
Robert, thanks for the good words. The break is perfectly clean so, it should glue together nicely. I had already put a 1 mm carbon rod along the TE of the aileron and that kept the failure there down to a clean break near the proximal end.

I had wondered about the wisdom of extending the provided spar out to the wing floats. I knew that a strike on the wing float would put a good bending load on the wing, at spar's end... and it did. If someone follows my footsteps, I advise them to extend the wing spar out to the floats and to tie the float to the spar.

Now, I'm debating the wisdom of buying a new NPS kit and making a new wing, versus adding more weight to this aircraft.
davidterrell80 is offline Find More Posts by davidterrell80
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 29, 2013, 09:39 PM
UMs & parkflyers... for now.
United States, VA, Herndon
Joined Apr 2012
2,818 Posts
I took the Rufe out twice, earlier this summer, getting two flights off water and five hand launched and landing on grass. She did very well.

Today I took her out and flew her twice from grass, takeoffs and landings. She handled wonderfully. I think I have the right balance of throw and expo... and, I have a year's more flying experience.

I had my 'hatcam' turned on but misaligned the camera. I'll take her again soon and get some more video.
davidterrell80 is offline Find More Posts by davidterrell80
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 01, 2013, 02:54 AM
This is a fine fiddly business
United States, WA, Marysville
Joined May 2009
1,302 Posts
Still following and celebrating your sucesses.It is quite an acomplishment.
Robert
Robert R is offline Find More Posts by Robert R