HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 06, 2012, 06:01 PM
United States, NJ, Manchester Township
Joined Dec 2000
1,058 Posts
Discussion
TailSpin Aviation

I received word today from Zach that he has closed down TailSpin Aviation. It may not be for good but at the present time he is no longer doing business while he goes to school.
Dorme is offline Find More Posts by Dorme
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 06, 2012, 08:26 PM
Rio Rancho NM
Joined Dec 2004
1,254 Posts
That's a shame for us but good that he's back in school. He had lots of misc bits, dental bands, scalpels & blades, carbon razor blades etc. And the service was prompt.

scrubs
scrubs is offline Find More Posts by scrubs
Old Oct 08, 2012, 12:26 AM
yes, its a flying lamb :)
Bitola, Republic of Macedonia
Joined Apr 2009
532 Posts
I wish him the best of luck with his studies and I hope we'll get to see him back in business soon! He went to great lengths to supply me with tissue thousands of miles away, you don't see a lot of salesmen like that nowadays!!!
draganbt is offline Find More Posts by draganbt
Old Oct 10, 2012, 04:16 PM
UK
Joined Jan 2009
1,248 Posts
That's a shame (for us anyway) I hope it works out well for you Zach, and please do come back to it again at some point!

Jon
Yak 52 is offline Find More Posts by Yak 52
Old Nov 26, 2012, 09:54 PM
Zach
Illinois
Joined Feb 2004
806 Posts
Thank you for all of your kind words. It has been a pleasure getting to know you all.

I recently went back to school to finish my mechanical engineering degree. I have had trouble keeping up with both the business and school. The packages weren't leaving on time and my homework wasn't getting done, so something had to give.

About a month back I decided to temporarily close my business to continue work on my degree. I am planning on this being a temporarily closure. I have a year and a half left on my degree so I hope to reopen within two years. Of course I can't guarantee anything at this point but so far this is the plan.

It hasn't been all work and no play though. I joined the solar car club and have been designing wind tunnel models for them. I'm even thinking about hosting a model building workshop for them. There is a lot these kids can learn from building models.

If there is anything you need that your are having trouble finding let me know and I can probably tell you where to find it.

Zach
Tail Spin1 is offline Find More Posts by Tail Spin1
Last edited by Tail Spin1; Nov 26, 2012 at 10:05 PM.
Old Jan 02, 2014, 01:58 AM
Joined Jan 2014
1 Posts
Tailspin1 about your comment on youtube video of a Rotational Casting Machine

Tailspin1

Sorry if I'm getting a bit off RC topics but I saw a comment you made under a youtube video about building a rotational casting machine where you said you were building them and/or selling them.

I really need one for 9"x9"x9" casting molds. If you still sell them or know where I can buy one I would greatly appreciate a post here or a message from you,

Any help will be greatly appreciated on this.

And yes I am also an old RCer.
Slowroller5 is offline Find More Posts by Slowroller5
Old Jan 05, 2014, 12:25 PM
Zach
Illinois
Joined Feb 2004
806 Posts
I never actually made any casting machines for sale. They are very simple to make. The most expensive things on my casting machine was the skate board bearing. I did eventually motorize it. The parts for that were bought from a surplus store.

If you do build an electric one make sure your electric motor is rated for continuous motion. Mine was only rated for intermediate use and I had to install a heat sink and a computer fan to prevent it from overheating.

Zach
Tail Spin1 is offline Find More Posts by Tail Spin1