HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 27, 2012, 06:52 PM
Visitor from Reality
United States, VA, Arlington
Joined Dec 1996
12,788 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pigcop2 View Post
Got a bit more done today. Started to get the motor set up. Nothing is permanant yet.

The pics are what I came up with. I plan on using epoxy to glue the spacer to the firewall, and then epoxy the standoffs into the spacer.

Does anyone see any issues with doing it this way?

Thanks
John
If the T nuts are behind the firewall, the motor bolts put everything between their heads and nuts under tension. All glue does here is stop things falling off if you undo and remove the bolts.

How long is your motor? Those spacers look l-o-n-g - my EFlite 15 only needed two of the kit's ply rings behind it to match the plan prop rear face position.

D
Dereck is offline Find More Posts by Dereck
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 27, 2012, 07:19 PM
Joined Jul 2012
68 Posts
D,

The entire set up is just over 2 5/8" long. Which is what the instructions say I need. The standoffs are 7/8" long. I could trim them down maybe another 1/8th at the most before I start to hit the cowl. Or I could trim 1/4" off and add the second spacer.

The plans call for the spacer to be glued to the firewall. I would bolt the whole thing to the fw but I don't think I can get my big ham fists behind it to hold the nuts while I get them tight.

J
pigcop2 is offline Find More Posts by pigcop2