SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
This thread is privately moderated by Jeff Pfeifer, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Oct 06, 2012, 03:30 PM
United States, AZ, Yuma
Joined Sep 2004
585 Posts
Mini-Review
SebArt MythoS 125E Mini-Review

I just finished up my new MythoS125e from SebArt last night, and flew it for the first time this morning. If anyone is on the fence on buying this plane you need to pull the trigger on this one. The airplane is very well designed and flies extremely well. The plane is just shy of a full 2M pattern plane (approximately 3" short of 2M") so the airplane when flown at pattern distances presents much like a full 2M plane. Here is my setup:

MythoS 125E
Hacker A60-6XS v2
Spektrum H6040 Servos on Ailerons and Rudder
Spektrum H5010 Servos on Elevators
Spektrum AR8000 DSMX Reciever
Hobbywing HV120 ESC with Soft Braking enabled for down-line braking
2- 6S 3300mah Lipo Batteries in parallel to equal 6S 6600mah.
APC 18x12e Wide Propeller (needs a little bigger prop will test a 19x12e next)

With the above setup I was able to fly the entire F3A P-13 Sequence plus about 5 additional practice maneuvers and used 4450mah (67% of the capacity).

The MythoS is a great practice plane for the seasoned pattern flyer, and a great airframe for those who want to compete in pattern without costing as much as some of the higher end pattern planes of today.

For more info on the SebArt MythoS 125E and Hacker Motors check out the following websites:

www.sebart.it
www.sebartrc.com
www.aero-model.com

Special thanks to Horizon Hobby for their support!
Jeff Pfeifer is offline Find More Posts by Jeff Pfeifer
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 06, 2012, 04:47 PM
We shall serve the Lord
United States, TX, Kingsland
Joined Sep 2005
5,137 Posts
Jeff,
Jack Fetter did a pretty comprehensive build thread on the 125 here on RCGroups. Take a look:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1719280

I have to agree 100% with your assessments, the Mytho S125E is a great 2M practice plane at a very reasonable price.

Mike McD
kingsflyer is online now Find More Posts by kingsflyer
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: LEDs on my T-28
Old Oct 06, 2012, 09:38 PM
media, pennsylvania, united states
Joined Aug 2006
124 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Pfeifer View Post

The MythoS is a great practice plane for the seasoned pattern flyer, and a great airframe for those who want to compete in pattern without costing as much
What's it lacking to remove the qualifier of practice plane for the seasoned flyer?
luckymacy is offline Find More Posts by luckymacy
Old Oct 07, 2012, 12:42 AM
United States, AZ, Yuma
Joined Sep 2004
585 Posts
The airplane flies really well, and definitely exceeds my expectations for the airframe. In the right hands it can be competitive. I like to believe winning is 90-95% pilot and the remaining 5-10% is airframe and setup. At the top level of F3A meaning top 5 at an event such as the NATS for example those top 5 pilot's skill levels are very close to each other that anyone can win, so sometimes the airframe can make a difference. With all that being said this airplane has the potential to be very competitive in the right hands. As I fly the airplane more I will know better what the strengths and weaknesses truly are. As for now the biggest thing the airplane needs in my opinion is incidence adjusters for better trimming. The wing could use more positive incidence as the airplane is flying tail low currently and carrying up trim in the elevators. I did drop the ailerons slightly (2mm) and noticed an improvement in the attitude of the fuselage during straight and level flight.
Jeff Pfeifer is offline Find More Posts by Jeff Pfeifer