HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 06, 2012, 01:40 PM
Joined Apr 2007
1,088 Posts
Discussion
The gyro that is in my F35 doesn't seem right...

Please take a look at this and tell me if it seems right, and for those that have one if this is how theirs works....

Banana Hobby F35 gyro issues (1 min 49 sec)

This is what mine does. Is this what everyone else's does??
bluemeane is offline Find More Posts by bluemeane
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 08, 2012, 01:55 PM
Joined Jun 2012
191 Posts
Gyro

Hi bluemeane! If I am not mistaken, you must be a bit concerned about the surface controls' slow return rate. Rest assured, the slow return rate is perfectly normal. The reasoning behind the 2-axis gyro's slow return is so that the assisted compensation won't be too aggressive as the gyro tries to re-balance the jet's upright orientation in flight. This function by design is geared towards giving beginner EDF pilots an assisted yet effective feel of these jets and how they handle. A gyro with a normal return rate would partially defeat the purpose of its balancing function and may yield slight intimidation for beginner EDF pilots due to aggressive compensations for leveling out. For pilots whom are well acquainted with EDF jets, they can certainly operate the jet without the assistance of a gyro, or perhaps fine tune the gyro's gains (sensitivity) to their liking. Please feel free to check out Pete's F-35 flight review below which also covers the gyro setup. -Seba

BlitzRCWorks Mini F-35 EDF Jet w/ Gyro Flight Review! HD (21 min 46 sec)
Sebastian_BHcsr is offline Find More Posts by Sebastian_BHcsr
Old Oct 10, 2012, 02:21 PM
Joined Apr 2007
1,088 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebastian_BHcsr View Post
Hi bluemeane! If I am not mistaken, you must be a bit concerned about the surface controls' slow return rate. Rest assured, the slow return rate is perfectly normal. The reasoning behind the 2-axis gyro's slow return is so that the assisted compensation won't be too aggressive as the gyro tries to re-balance the jet's upright orientation in flight. This function by design is geared towards giving beginner EDF pilots an assisted yet effective feel of these jets and how they handle. A gyro with a normal return rate would partially defeat the purpose of its balancing function and may yield slight intimidation for beginner EDF pilots due to aggressive compensations for leveling out. For pilots whom are well acquainted with EDF jets, they can certainly operate the jet without the assistance of a gyro, or perhaps fine tune the gyro's gains (sensitivity) to their liking. Please feel free to check out Pete's F-35 flight review below which also covers the gyro setup. -Seba

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TqSAA6O-e3Y
Ok, but why does mine control the surfaces the correct way when it is not placed sideways and incorrectly when it is set the way Pete said to do it??
bluemeane is offline Find More Posts by bluemeane
Old Oct 10, 2012, 04:09 PM
Joined Jun 2012
191 Posts
Hi bluemeane! Try incrementally dialing down on the gyro's sensitivity gains. Before doing so, please closely examine your testing platform to ensure that it is truly leveled along with the seating position of the gyro inside of the jet. -Seba
Sebastian_BHcsr is offline Find More Posts by Sebastian_BHcsr