SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Reply
Thread Tools
This thread is privately moderated by wdelarme, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Oct 08, 2012, 06:30 AM
Registered User
United States, WV, Harrison
Joined Jul 2012
302 Posts
Trader Rating: 35
After trying the cheaper boards in my opinion the naza is the way to go. I have no depth perception so I need all the help I can get

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavinxman View Post
Great idea and with the lining . If I go the naza set up and not wii or kk2 I'd definitely get 2 !!!
wdelarme is offline Find More Posts by wdelarme
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 08, 2012, 09:23 AM
Registered User
United States, CA, Lancaster
Joined Aug 2008
35 Posts
Trader Rating: 11
I would buy 2

with the copper lining
cctvflyer is offline Find More Posts by cctvflyer
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 08, 2012, 12:15 PM
Registered User
United States, FL, Milton
Joined Oct 2011
52 Posts
Trader Rating: 1
https://www.sparkfun.com/products/10561
james sowell is offline Find More Posts by james sowell
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 08, 2012, 12:35 PM
Pass me some zip-ties!
HansAuf's Avatar
United States, FL, Gainesville
Joined Nov 2006
2,586 Posts
Trader Rating: 88
Sorry wdelarme, guess I started something with the Copper Shielding.

That tape would be too thin width-wise. I won't post an alternative though because this is wdelarme's thread. Up to him.
HansAuf is online now Find More Posts by HansAuf
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 08, 2012, 01:54 PM
Registered User
United States, WV, Harrison
Joined Jul 2012
302 Posts
Trader Rating: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by HansAuf View Post
Sorry wdelarme, guess I started something with the Copper Shielding.

That tape would be too thin width-wise. I won't post an alternative though because this is wdelarme's thread. Up to him.
I have ordered 2 inch copper EMI shielding to start adding to the protectors if requested for $15.00. It is the same stuff used for guitars for emi so it should work great for the emi on a multirotor

I should be able to ship these in a week (Depends on when I get the copper) If you want the shielded please make sure to put that in the paypal payment and remember with shieding the cost is $15.00 still free ship in USA
wdelarme is offline Find More Posts by wdelarme
Last edited by wdelarme; Oct 08, 2012 at 02:11 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 08, 2012, 02:10 PM
Pass me some zip-ties!
HansAuf's Avatar
United States, FL, Gainesville
Joined Nov 2006
2,586 Posts
Trader Rating: 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdelarme View Post
I have ordered 2 inch copper EMI shielding to start adding to the protectors if requested for $15.00. It is the same stuff used for guitars for emi so it should work great for the emi on a multirotor....
Perfect. That is exactly the stuff I used. Ordered two more of these from you just now.
HansAuf is online now Find More Posts by HansAuf
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 08, 2012, 03:49 PM
Registered User
United States, FL, Milton
Joined Oct 2011
52 Posts
Trader Rating: 1
yea I think I will go with the lining ; ) and I was not trying to step on anyones toes with that post sorry
james sowell is offline Find More Posts by james sowell
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 08, 2012, 03:56 PM
Registered User
United States, WV, Harrison
Joined Jul 2012
302 Posts
Trader Rating: 35
Thats fine just make sure if you order to please make sure you say you want it lined in the paypal payment

Quote:
Originally Posted by james sowell View Post
yea I think I will go with the lining ; ) and I was not trying to step on anyones toes with that post sorry
wdelarme is offline Find More Posts by wdelarme
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 08, 2012, 04:10 PM
Registered Abuser
lostheli's Avatar
Joined Nov 2010
573 Posts
Trader Rating: 11
Is there a threaded insert in the pedestal? If not, how does it mount?
lostheli is offline Find More Posts by lostheli
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 08, 2012, 04:13 PM
Registered User
United States, WV, Harrison
Joined Jul 2012
302 Posts
Trader Rating: 35
It comes with a bolt already in top and bottom...The cup/gaurd needs to be installed (I had to do this because USPS was breaking them when I assembled them before shipment)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lostheli View Post
Is there a threaded insert in the pedestal? If not, how does it mount?
wdelarme is offline Find More Posts by wdelarme
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 08, 2012, 04:24 PM
Registered User
United States, WV, Harrison
Joined Jul 2012
302 Posts
Trader Rating: 35
This is how mine is mounted. I drilled a hole in the bottom plate big enough to put the allen wrench and the bolt through then screwed it in the top plate

Name: 2012-10-08 17.18.08.jpg
Views: 87
Size: 108.4 KB
Description:

Name: 2012-10-08 17.15.31.jpg
Views: 90
Size: 234.4 KB
Description:


Quote:
Originally Posted by wdelarme View Post
It comes with a bolt already in top and bottom...The cup/gaurd needs to be installed (I had to do this because USPS was breaking them when I assembled them before shipment)
wdelarme is offline Find More Posts by wdelarme
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11, 2012, 08:06 PM
Registered User
Donjuanzx9's Avatar
Canada, QC, Stanbridge East
Joined Jul 2010
356 Posts
Trader Rating: 2
Looks good, different than I thought.
I will be ordering a few like 2-3 because well I crash...lol
I think you should make it standard $15 with shield.
Because almost everyone needs the shield for FPV whether they know it or not.
I wonder if theres a way you could embed the shield in the plastic?
That would be cool.I've seen nuts and even bolts embedded in 3D printed parts.
Donjuanzx9 is offline Find More Posts by Donjuanzx9
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29, 2012, 03:27 PM
Registered User
Kenny S's Avatar
United States, TX, Marble Falls
Joined Jun 2005
9 Posts
Trader Rating: 7
I got to see one of the gps protectors yesterday. You got money.

Thanks

Kenny
Kenny S is offline Find More Posts by Kenny S
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20, 2013, 07:48 AM
Registered User
Joined Mar 2008
29 Posts
Trader Rating: 0
Gps

Are the protector still available? Looks like aworth while investment
vstrike is offline Find More Posts by vstrike
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20, 2013, 09:36 AM
Registered User
United States, WV, Harrison
Joined Jul 2012
302 Posts
Trader Rating: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by vstrike View Post
Are the protector still available? Looks like aworth while investment
I print all of this stuff It always takes me about 8 hours to get more in stock of anything I make. Unless I run out of ABS plastic
wdelarme is offline Find More Posts by wdelarme
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
For Sale DJI NAZA GPS Protector wdelarme Aircraft - Electric - Multirotor (FS/W) 13 Jan 25, 2014 06:20 PM
For Sale DJI NAZA GPS Protector wdelarme Aircraft - Electric - Multirotor (FS/W) 3 Sep 25, 2012 03:58 AM
Found DJI NAZA GPS Upgrade Module for the DJI Naza Flight Controller skyhulk Aircraft - Electric - Multirotor (FS/W) 10 Jul 20, 2012 08:47 PM
Discussion DJI F450 NAZA kit vs Witespy VC450 with NAZA kit MC21 Multirotor Talk 5 May 16, 2012 02:16 PM