HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by turboparker, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Oct 06, 2012, 09:11 AM
Gopher huntin' stick jockey
East Bethel, MN USA
Joined Jul 2009
11,754 Posts
Gallery
ParkZone Radian Pro videos

I've always wanted to try a sailplane, so I picked up a Radian Pro last week. It's my first purpose-built soaring ship. I'm having a blast with the plane. It flies quite well for a foamie thermal duration ship. I even managed to find some lift, despite the poor conditions. Here are a couple on-board videos I shot at a friend's place up on the Minnesota/Canadian border near Lake of the Woods. You can see a small part of the west side of the lake when I'm pointing east. The first clip is my second flight with the plane. It wasn't trimmed very well, but I still managed to catch some lift - despite the forward CG. I had it trimmed-out reasonably well for the second video. I ended up with the CG at approximately 77mm. I also moved the 808 #16 camera aft just enough to get a bit of the nose in-frame for a reference point. I had yet to set up the advanced wing functions, so I was flying it as a 4-channel plane with conventional flaps. I now have reflex, camber, and crow set up, but it has been too windy to fly. Hopefully, I'll get to try out the various wing configurations soon. In these clips, I'm using Outrage NRG 1300 mAh 35c packs. The form-factor matches the factory pack. Plus - they're designed for 5c charging, and they last for a few hundred cycles before they start to fade away. I bought them a few years ago for my Blade SR (which I don't fly anymore). I've been using them in my Losi Mini 8ight and my Blade 300X. They still perform quite well, considering that they're over three years old. I plan to pick up some Thunder Power or Hyperion packs that I can use in my RP & my Blade 300X. I'll shoot some on-board video to demonstrate the advanced wing functions when the wx cooperates.

Radian Pro - First on-board video (10 min 4 sec)

Radian Pro - second on-board video (7 min 19 sec)

Joel
turboparker is online now Find More Posts by turboparker
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 04, 2012, 09:29 PM
Sheridan, WY, USA
Joined Jul 2003
248 Posts
What kind of camera and how did you mount it please? I just ordered a radian pro and I have a GoPro Hero 2 and want to mount it, but am not sure how....

Thanks,

Sam
samhoff is offline Find More Posts by samhoff
Old Nov 04, 2012, 10:34 PM
Gopher huntin' stick jockey
East Bethel, MN USA
Joined Jul 2009
11,754 Posts
Sam,

I'm using an 808 #16 cam - as I noted in the first post. It only weighs 17g, so mounting is simple. I mounted just behind the hatch with a bit of Velcro & a strip of masking tape for backup. Lots of people put GoPros on the RP, so you shouldn't have any problem. I suggest checking the RP threads to see how others mounted theirs.

Joel
turboparker is online now Find More Posts by turboparker
RCG Plus Member