SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Oct 06, 2012, 05:30 AM
CALNE, WILTSHIRE, ENGLAND
Joined Mar 1999
79 Posts
Discussion
A good 1/4 scale Bucker Jungmiester plan?

Hi Guy's,
any one know of a "good quality (plenty of building detail & info on plan)" 1/4 scale plane for building a Bucker Jungmiester?

I recently bought the RCMW 1/4 scale plan and fibre glass cowl from Traplet publications in the U.K, the cowl is fine but the plan... to be kind to them... is basic.

What are the Arizona models plans like, I see they do a 1/4 scale Bu 133?

I know Von Jaerschky has built the 1.44:1 scale Bucker from RCMW's plan and that is a lovely model & from what I can see from his build photos that plan is in another league to the 1/4 scale one they offer.
nigel mcloughlin is offline Find More Posts by nigel mcloughlin
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 14, 2012, 12:13 PM
Tulsa, Oklahoma, United States
Joined Dec 2000
181 Posts
Hi Nigel,
The Arizona 1/4 scale plans I have are the same as the Gary Allen plans from RCM (US mag) They are pretty much identical to the 1/3 scale Arizona plans (except for size) I also have and short kit, I'm currently building. The plans are nicely detailed , traditional build and have all patterns. The 1/4 scale plans are also available here.http://www.airagestore.com/plans/1-4...ngmeister.html
Fiberglass cowl and fenders should still be available.
Hope this helps.
Scott
Scott J is offline Find More Posts by Scott J
Old Oct 19, 2012, 01:46 AM
Kilsyth, Victoria, Australia
Joined Oct 2003
1,970 Posts
Try going to RCM plans. You should be able to find the Dave Platt 1/4 Jungmeister quite inexpensively on their list . The plan is good, not a difficult build and when finished flies beautifully. If you can then find good photos you should be able to bring it up to a very good standard.
David Hipperson is offline Find More Posts by David Hipperson
Old Nov 07, 2012, 01:44 PM
Cobourg, Ontario
Joined Mar 2009
2 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott J View Post
Hi Nigel,
The Arizona 1/4 scale plans I have are the same as the Gary Allen plans from RCM (US mag) They are pretty much identical to the 1/3 scale Arizona plans (except for size) I also have and short kit, I'm currently building. The plans are nicely detailed , traditional build and have all patterns. The 1/4 scale plans are also available here.http://www.airagestore.com/plans/1-4...ngmeister.html
Fiberglass cowl and fenders should still be available.
Hope this helps.
Scott
Be careful of the scaled down excellent Gary Allen plans, unless someone has seriously corrected them! They are scaled down (and relaid out) 1/3 plans, and there are a bunch of errors in resizing etc. And the lower centre section of the wing is missing!
Mike
misterbill is offline Find More Posts by misterbill