HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 28, 2013, 10:35 AM
WMD
Bradford, UK
Joined Jan 2010
1,245 Posts
Aha, thanks for that. Now I can see it. Which is good and bad, of course. Ok, I am removing that file from the outerzone holding bay, since now I can read it, it says July 2004 on it, which makes it clearly not a vintage plan at all. Thanks for your help. Can you remove your 2 files from this thread now? Sorry to be a pain.
WMD is offline Find More Posts by WMD
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 28, 2013, 11:04 AM
Tampere, Finland
Joined Nov 2004
4,343 Posts
I'd never heard of that file type but my Windows and Office version managed to open them...

files removed.
perttime is offline Find More Posts by perttime
Old Jan 28, 2013, 11:21 AM
WMD
Bradford, UK
Joined Jan 2010
1,245 Posts
Many thanks.
Old Jan 28, 2013, 03:47 PM
WMD
Bradford, UK
Joined Jan 2010
1,245 Posts
I am curious. Does anyone know who this Piper PA-22 Tri-Pacer plan belongs to? It is 1/4th scale, at 89in wingspan. Here's a low res thumbnail of it. I believe this copy was bought online from Uncle WiIlie, I am just wondering if anyone knows who drew and published it originally? I am assuming it does not belong to, and was not drawn by, Uncle Willie.

It does say "WIlliam Miller Model Plan Service" on it, and the date 2004.
Old Jan 28, 2013, 05:47 PM
Edubarca
Colombia, South America
Joined Oct 2009
1,256 Posts
I would also like to have this plan. The Tri-Pacer has a very weak spot in my heart. My father flew one directly from Piper Aircraft Corp. in Lock Haven Pa. to Bogotá way back in 1951. I was 5 then, but I do remember this plane very well. I have the Sterling version plan for the kit with 58" wingspan. Flies great but has many deviations from scale. I also have the Berkeley 44" span but as all McGovern designs, quite complicated to build with millions of tiny parts and a complex structure.
Edubarca is offline Find More Posts by Edubarca
Old Jan 28, 2013, 08:56 PM
USA, WA, Ellensburg
Joined Mar 2004
206 Posts
Steve, I was reading my November 2012 issue of Flying Models. I see you are now internationally famous! Larry Kruse in his FF Sport column on page 61 mentioned outerzone and how great it is. All I can say is that it took him long enough. The rest of the world already knew!
Mooney_Driver is offline Find More Posts by Mooney_Driver
Old Jan 28, 2013, 09:17 PM
Edubarca
Colombia, South America
Joined Oct 2009
1,256 Posts
Steve has been internationally famous ever since he opened Outerzone, including South America. Don't forget guys, that the internet is world wide, not only the United States and the UK (www = World Wide Web)
Edubarca is offline Find More Posts by Edubarca
Old Jan 29, 2013, 09:35 AM
Bradford West Yorkshire, UK
Joined Apr 2010
1,709 Posts
And someone is lifting the plans from outerzone and selling them. Here we go again.

Regards Ian.
Circlip is offline Find More Posts by Circlip
Old Jan 29, 2013, 11:05 AM
Joined Oct 2012
217 Posts
Hi all,

Just came across this thread and I'd also like to commend Steve for the superb job he's doing; Outerzone is always my very first port of call when I turn on my pc. I like the fact that the plans are easily downloadable without any fuss or form-filling and I wish other sites were as painless to use as this.

As for the variety of content..well, if you can't find SOMETHING you want to build then you must be one fussy so-and-so It's nice to re-discover old plans I'd lost or lent out years ago and to collect new ones for my 'will build one day' folder. Also nice to discover plans from my favourite designers which I never knew existed.

Any site can be improved I suppose, but I'm extremely happy with the way Outerzone looks and operates today - you should be rightly proud, Steve.

Regards, Harry
(currently building a Lincoln-Beachey Monoplane..and guess where I got the plan from
Harry Rule is offline Find More Posts by Harry Rule
Old Jan 29, 2013, 12:14 PM
WMD
Bradford, UK
Joined Jan 2010
1,245 Posts
Thanks Harry
Old Jan 29, 2013, 12:25 PM
WMD
Bradford, UK
Joined Jan 2010
1,245 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Circlip View Post
And someone is lifting the plans from outerzone and selling them. Here we go again.

Regards Ian.
We could expend a lot of energy worrying about that, but honestly, to me that's not a concern. The plans are free. Copies of them are free. I haven't lost anything. I've still got all my plans.

Steve
Old Feb 04, 2013, 06:57 PM
WMD
Bradford, UK
Joined Jan 2010
1,245 Posts
I have a dumb question. Was Ace Whitman a person, or a company? Can't find him on Google.
Old Feb 05, 2013, 04:17 AM
Southampton, UK
Joined May 2007
868 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
I have a dumb question. Was Ace Whitman a person, or a company? Can't find him on Google.
try googling steve whitman - very big in the avaition history in USA with several airfields named after him - I believe he was a founder member of the EAA - also very big in the USA

john
John38 is offline Find More Posts by John38
Old Feb 05, 2013, 05:42 AM
WMD
Bradford, UK
Joined Jan 2010
1,245 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by John38 View Post
try googling steve whitman - very big in the avaition history in USA with several airfields named after him - I believe he was a founder member of the EAA - also very big in the USA

john
Thanks. Sorry, I wasn't being clear at all, there. What I mean is the 1930s-40s American plans that are labelled "Ace Whitman", and also labelled "Whitman Publishing". I always had it in my head that there must be a man called Ace Whitman who drew up those plans. Now, I'm guessing that is not so.
Old Feb 13, 2013, 04:10 AM
Nearly everything that flies
Smalltownboy Germany
Joined Feb 2011
7 Posts
Lasting of Copyrights

Dear Steve,

I donīt know how long Copyrights normally exists, my wish would be, that Outerzone possibly accepts all kind of model plans, without active Copyrights (newer than vintage ) Donīt get me wrong I love vintage planes, but in the meantime between good old times and today there are plenty of nice planes as well. I love building all kind of biplanes, but I have bought all good plans so far in UK.

As I told you already, Great site, I love it !!!!!
Stearmanandy is offline Find More Posts by Stearmanandy