SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
This thread is privately moderated by Sell...er, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Oct 06, 2012, 12:35 AM
Independence,Missouri
Joined Sep 2002
168 Posts
Build Log
72'Jimmy Franklin Waco Jet Bipe

Sold the project,,,it was/is too big for my health,I would really have trouble getting it to the field and flying and recovering it,If it went down I dont have the breath to get it.

On to smaller things:"FOR SALE "FOR SALE"SOLD/sold
Starting a new build, a Kange Waco 72" span with a 6320 Dualsky power and a 64mmEDF ,scale repo of Jimmy Franklin's airshow plane when it was red & silver (The Red Rocket).
Jimmy Franklin and the RED ROCKET (7 min 41 sec)

Kange Kits are about the best quality you can find,Very complete,Very high quality hardware.
I will be putting on a EDF,maybe a 64mm size to duplicate his showplane before he painted it black & silver.Might use the 64 mm fan for scale reasons.
Not expecting much performance gains like he saw (His added 1600hp) to the already 400+ hp radial , but it should look and sound very neat.
Latter......................I have decided to use the 64mm Mercury I have, it is a little bit small but the 8 blade fan sound will be worth it,now to Westlake Hardware store for some ductwork..................Oh almost forgot,I have a Williams Bros Radial engine kit I can assemble and it should look very real..........williams kit to intricate for this,,ordered a TopFlite dummy engine for it,you can make them look good with some detailing

Aluminum ductwork to nsimulate the turbin setup on the Franklin Waco,,,,,hope I can make it look presentabile.
Sell...er is offline Find More Posts by Sell...er
Last edited by Sell...er; Dec 03, 2012 at 05:34 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 13, 2012, 08:53 AM
United States, MD, Elkton
Joined Oct 2011
9,187 Posts
That big 'ol snarly,grumbling bipe is burned forever in my mind. What an exciting plane to watch !!!

Black and Silver when I last saw it at Frederick MD, (10?) years ago ?

When he wound up the Radial to fire the jet,it sounded like an AT-6 on takeoff..

I never thought the Waco was 'happy' with the jet,but like a faithful dog,she took it in stride.
Good luck with yer model..Earl
epoxyearl is offline Find More Posts by epoxyearl
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Wheeling and dealing..
Old Oct 13, 2012, 09:15 AM
Independence,Missouri
Joined Sep 2002
168 Posts
Wish I could have seen it in person,but,I know it must have been impresive!
Steve

Lucky we got video................
Old Oct 13, 2012, 06:16 PM
United States, MD, Elkton
Joined Oct 2011
9,187 Posts
Video can't duplicate the SOUND ! That airplane YELLED at you to "watch me "

At the top of a loop there were only echos and smoke-then a quick roll away from the crowd,and that exhaust roar raised the neck hairs.

RIP JImmy and Waco-so sad you're gone.
epoxyearl is offline Find More Posts by epoxyearl
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Wheeling and dealing..
Old Oct 13, 2012, 06:20 PM
Independence,Missouri
Joined Sep 2002
168 Posts
YES...........VERY impressive........................RIP