HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 05, 2012, 09:17 PM
United Kingdom, Durham
Joined Oct 2012
6 Posts
Discussion

Hi all, just like to intro myself to this cracking forum.

I'm Andy, 38, Engaged and have 2 children, ages 4 and 1, I live in UK, Durham, N/E England.

Always been keen in RC and done the usual, cars, boats, gliders ad now stepped up to Heli's.

Startd off with a co-axil MD500, but that kinda didn't last, so went to a Lama, similar thing (Crashes n rite off).

So, I'm back to basics again....

Just got myself a SYMA S107C (New model) co-axil with camera just a few days ago and really liking it as well as buying my (just turned 4yr old) daughter a very similar model.

Along with that, decided, due to BAD experience, bought the WL V911 (also known as the FP100), as my first micro F/P heli.

Have a couple more heli's too but re-learning from scratch as it's been about 12yrs sice I've flown, and learned the hard way..... smashed/crashed both my MD500 and my Alpine Rescue (ESKY do a very similar model) so basics it is and have heli's in the waiting to progress up to as and when I learn the skills.

I've just made my first ever FPV with my S107C, an as priorly stated, I've had a few beers etc..

Got it uploaded to youtube, but not a clue as to how to upload here. Could you please advice me, be much appreciated.

Here's link to my 1st upload and later found out i had the cam pointed a little too low, but it'll be sorted for my next upload.

SPOT11 000005 (4 min 23 sec)

Sorry if this post is in wrong cat. but as it is right now currently flying SYMA 107C and waiting on radio gear to arrive for my V911.

Look forward to meeting new people and gaining knowledge.
sm0kinkila74 is offline Find More Posts by sm0kinkila74
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 11, 2012, 10:13 PM
Don't take any wooden nickels
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Mar 2012
1,917 Posts
Welcome. I started off with the coaxial symas and now I fly a 450 sized. I had to stop flying coaxial because I wanted to focus on my 450, and I felt the coaxials were teaching my fingers bad habits. They are fun though for getting into the hobby. From what I hear you're gonna like that V911, and there's a lot of info for it in these forums.
finguz is offline Find More Posts by finguz
Old Oct 13, 2012, 04:06 AM
Still a N00B
United States, TX, Odessa
Joined Mar 2012
95 Posts
Welcome and congratulations in picking up such an awesome hobby.
lebaez is offline Find More Posts by lebaez