HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 05, 2012, 10:48 PM
Cat Rack
Lyle, WA
Joined Dec 2000
1,478 Posts
That is not in a liberals definition of freedom.

Real freedoms come with out having to threaten a single innocent person. The lefts freedoms couldn't exist without threatening innocent people.

Moral inversion once again
MtnGoat is online now Find More Posts by MtnGoat
Old Oct 05, 2012, 10:48 PM
Hot Dawg Glider Pilot
United States, TX, Weatherford
Joined Nov 2002
7,792 Posts
When I was in high school... maybe 2 girls got pregnant out of a several hunderd. Parents were responsible, then. So were teens. There were consequences for irresponsible actions. And yes, it was uphill, in the snow, barefoot, both ways...

Perfect world, my absolute arse...
schrederman is offline Find More Posts by schrederman
Old Oct 05, 2012, 10:49 PM
Hot Dawg Glider Pilot
Joined Nov 2002
7,792 Posts
Their definition of freedom is freedom from consequenses for their own actions. Freedom and free are distinctly different words...
Old Oct 05, 2012, 11:07 PM
Joined Jun 2010
288 Posts
As a rational ex business man I know a good deal when I see one. The implant should be free to all women. It is free to the taxpayers, as the return on investment is the best deal ever. Teen age single welfare moms, no dad at home, bad news kids filling the jails No Abortions to mess up ones mind.. On and on and on. All these problems solved,gone.

There are some really dense heads here if they can't see the benefit of certain free things like polio and small pox vaccines. .
This would save the tax payers enough to pay of the national dept. in 10-15 years.
Aaron 1 is offline Find More Posts by Aaron 1
Old Oct 05, 2012, 11:09 PM
Hot Dawg Glider Pilot
Joined Nov 2002
7,792 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron 1 View Post
As a rational ex business man I know a good deal when I see one. The implant should be free to all women. It is free to the taxpayers, as the return on investment is the best deal ever. Teen age single welfare moms, no dad at home, bad news kids filling the jails No Abortions to mess up ones mind.. On and on and on. All these problems solved,gone.

There are some really dense heads here if they can't see the benefit of certain free things like polio and small pox vaccines. .
This would save the tax payers enough to pay of the national dept. in 10-15 years.
Possibly if all teens were required to get them... There's so much "free" contraception stuff out there now that it's ridiculous... but again, no consequences for the individual for not using them.
Old Oct 05, 2012, 11:10 PM
Epoxy & CA Investor
United States, CO, Denver
Joined May 2010
2,605 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MtnGoat View Post
That is not in a liberals definition of freedom.

Real freedoms come with out having to threaten a single innocent person. The lefts freedoms couldn't exist without threatening innocent people.

Moral inversion once again
By your definition there is no such thing as real freedom.
DenverJayhawk is online now Find More Posts by DenverJayhawk
Old Oct 05, 2012, 11:42 PM
Houston Ellington, Texas, United States
Joined Feb 2001
312 Posts
So .... The birth controll pills were free? I'm assuming the components to making the pills were free and the people opperating the machines that package the pills worked for free and the truck drivers that delivered the pills also did it for free .... Wow .... That's pretty amazing.
logan5 is online now Find More Posts by logan5
Old Oct 05, 2012, 11:48 PM
Cat Rack
Lyle, WA
Joined Dec 2000
1,478 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverJayhawk View Post
By your definition there is no such thing as real freedom.
Of course there is. Real freedom is achievable without threatening innocent people.

The left's version cannot exist without doing so.

Here's where you justify doing it, instead of questioning the moral basis which says it's OK.
Old Oct 06, 2012, 12:01 AM
Epoxy & CA Investor
Joined May 2010
2,605 Posts
Quote:
Of course there is. Real freedom is achievable without threatening innocent people.

The left's version cannot exist without doing so.

Here's where you justify doing it, instead of questioning the moral basis which says it's OK.
Example of a freedom that didn't impact innocents ?
Old Oct 06, 2012, 12:05 AM
Cat Rack
Lyle, WA
Joined Dec 2000
1,478 Posts
Quote:
Example of a freedom that didn't impact innocents ?
I didn't say freedoms didn't impact innocents. Everyone effects everyone else, and should own the right to as well. So long as no negative rights are violated.

What the left's liberties rest upon is threatening people who have not stolen from, committed physical aggression against, or defrauded anyone else, into doing things they do not want to do, or not doing things they do want to to. The ability to act on their own judgement in service of their peaceful ends is hijacked, they are turned into hypocrites by law, and their actions turned to the service of someone *elses* goals.
Old Oct 06, 2012, 12:07 AM
Central Texas
Joined Jun 2008
4,147 Posts
Personal responsibility!!! If you cant afford to play keep the panties on.
ambientech is online now Find More Posts by ambientech
Old Oct 06, 2012, 12:07 AM
Epoxy & CA Investor
Joined May 2010
2,605 Posts
Quote:
I didn't say freedoms didn't impact innocents. Everyone effects everyone else, and should own the right to as well. So long as no negative rights are violated.
Yes you did

Quote:
Old Oct 06, 2012, 12:12 AM
Cat Rack
Lyle, WA
Joined Dec 2000
1,478 Posts
Quote:
Yes you did
Odd, I don't see the word impact. I chose the words I used carefully, and the difference is not trivial.

I said threaten, for a reason. That is what occurs.
Old Oct 06, 2012, 12:16 AM
Epoxy & CA Investor
Joined May 2010
2,605 Posts
Example of a freedom that didn't threaten an innocent?
Old Oct 06, 2012, 12:20 AM
Cat Rack
Lyle, WA
Joined Dec 2000
1,478 Posts
Quote:
Example of a freedom that didn't threaten an innocent?
Freedom from theft. Freedom from fraud. Freedom from physical assault. The Freedom to pass 100% of your resources to your heirs.Freedom to purchase healthcare at a free market price agreed upon by patient and doctor. Freedom to sell, or purchase, a standard light bulb of any wattage desired. There are an infinite number more where that came from.