Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Oct 10, 2012, 09:36 PM
USA, PA, Westmoreland Co.
Joined Aug 2008
1,254 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by weathervane View Post
OK, thanks guys. I will probably not order the plans untill the first of the year. I do have a set of very small park flyer plans.(25 inch WS) I might build it first and then move on to the bigger Electra.
-Andrew
they usually have a discount around december-january that will save you a good bit of money. I think many of their plans were drawn for what they called 3/4" scale.
jonquinn is online now Find More Posts by jonquinn
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 11, 2012, 08:50 AM
United States, KY, Taylorsville
Joined Mar 2010
1,533 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nergall View Post
Be nice to know before ordering the plans...

Don't want to build an 80" scale bird from plans designed for a free flight rubber band model.
You are correct but the idea is that it is very simple to build a reasonable 'scale' one for RC with a little careful thought and materials substitution! If you are a Scale Masters purist then you need to get good 3-views and stick to one set that matches your full scale counterpart. I don't know of many plans accurate enough to build for those criteria! These plans have good outlines and the cross sections are given in the way of patterns. If any builder is unsure then just purchase a plan set like the Laird Swallow for perusal. A 1/6 version from Cleveland is $25. That will build a rather largish airplane of 72" span. I have these plans and it is a simple matter to use the outlines as a guide. I'd use 1/4" spruce for spars and 1/4" balsa for the fuse box. 3/32" for formers and ribs and some ply and maple or bass for L.G. mounts.
ARUP is online now Find More Posts by ARUP