SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Oct 05, 2012, 03:55 PM
United States, GA, Woodstock
Joined Sep 2012
325 Posts
Alert
Updated: Stuff for local trade

I've got a post going of non-rc items for trade in the Wanted section of the classifieds over here: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...3#post22922779

UPDATE: I've added several more things to the ad, so please have a look and let me know if you see something you're interested in, and don't hesitate to make an offer that sheepishly benefits you as I'm not attached to most of this stuff. I'll politely decline if I'm not interested.

Thanks for looking!
justinlee1 is offline Find More Posts by justinlee1
Last edited by justinlee1; Oct 10, 2012 at 05:30 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 05, 2012, 04:08 PM
DFC~ We Do Flyin' Right
USA, GA, Atlanta
Joined Nov 2008
14,513 Posts
I also went the route of HD DVD... put it in my laptop and I had one on the TV

Excellent quality, too bad it went the way of the BetaMax
bsbauman is offline Find More Posts by bsbauman
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Snuggles Speaks
Old Oct 05, 2012, 04:36 PM
Joined Sep 2012
325 Posts
True, and that's why I wrote that it was superseded by BluRay. I used it for HD playback in client meetings since DVD Studio Pro allows you to encode for SD and HD DVDs. It's also fun to search Craigslist and eBay to how many great HD-DVD movies you can find for less than you can rent them for on iTunes, at BluRay quality.

I'm not suggesting that anyone wod make it the centerpiece of a home theater system. I do think it fills an interesting niche for someone that might need a regular DVD player (which it plays) as well as the thousands of cheap BluRay quality HD-DVDs that are inexpensively available.
Old Oct 05, 2012, 05:11 PM
DFC~ We Do Flyin' Right
USA, GA, Atlanta
Joined Nov 2008
14,513 Posts
I loved the interface of it, quality was fantastic; it would be great for a kids room
bsbauman is offline Find More Posts by bsbauman
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Snuggles Speaks
Old Oct 05, 2012, 08:01 PM
Joined Sep 2012
325 Posts
Together we make a pretty good infomercial!

If only Toshiba had thought to hire us as marketing consultants they may have won the hi-def DVD format wars :-)
Old Oct 06, 2012, 07:29 AM
Plain Broke and Broke Planes!
Hoschton, GA
Joined Jul 2003
1,768 Posts
I have one laying around too. It should have won the war. In some countries it's still more popular than Bluray...
pcphill is offline Find More Posts by pcphill
Old Oct 06, 2012, 06:32 PM
Joined Sep 2012
325 Posts
One more thing I'm looking for is a used remote that I can tether to my DX6i to use as a buddy box for teaching my son the night vapor and hobbyzone champ. I'm assuming this would be something like the DX5...
Old Oct 06, 2012, 09:42 PM
Dacula, GA
Joined Feb 2008
3,779 Posts
I've got a DX5e that would work great for that purpose. You'll just need a mono audio cable (must be mono, search for the radio shack part # here on the groups). Let me see if I can get a pic up tomorrow. Asking $25 as the top antenna protector is missing (Antenna is fine, just black plastic is gone). I'll get a pic up so you can see if you are interested.
rpstar is offline Find More Posts by rpstar
Last edited by rpstar; Oct 07, 2012 at 04:26 PM.
Old Oct 07, 2012, 04:25 PM
Dacula, GA
Joined Feb 2008
3,779 Posts
Here are the pics. Works perfectly as a transmitter and buddy box.
rpstar is offline Find More Posts by rpstar
Old Oct 10, 2012, 05:23 PM
Joined Sep 2012
325 Posts
RPStar, that might work. I'm about to go on vacation for a couple of days. I'll get back in touch when I get back, thanks!
Old Nov 19, 2012, 04:16 PM
Joined Sep 2012
325 Posts
bump for holiday shoppers. Someone out there needs a mac mini, home theater system, and power tools...