HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 21, 2001, 12:23 AM
Tantrums Rock!
Joined Jul 2001
268 Posts
Best AC/DC Charger for NiCad & NiMh?

I want the best charger that uses both AC and DC current. Why are the Astroflight and Supernova Chargers just DC? Are there adapters for these chargers to use AC wall sockets?

PLEASE EXPLAIN, SOMEONE ! ! !

CheeseWing
CheeseWing is offline Find More Posts by CheeseWing
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 21, 2001, 09:30 AM
Ionia, MI, USA
Joined Feb 2001
61 Posts
They are just DC because it is assumed you will be flying at an airfield and need to use your car battery for power. You can get AC to DC converters for them. Price is about $40-$50 I believe, maybe less. I personally use a Great Planes DC Charger. Two rates, 200mah and 600mah peak detection for NiCd or NiMh. Works flawlessly, even flashhes to tell you how long charging took. Only costs $30 too. I didn't need a big one cause I have a charger for RC car batteries too. Just remember, buy cheap buy twice. If I didn'y already have the large capacity charger, I would have gotten the Astroflight 110D.

Greg
silencer is offline Find More Posts by silencer