SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
This thread is privately moderated by Micubano, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Oct 05, 2012, 10:08 AM
Chad deQuevedo of Olyphant, PA
United States, PA, Olyphant
Joined Aug 2012
560 Posts
Discussion
A Blade MQX, A Cheap 808 Cam and YouTube: Everything I need for a great afternoon.

Before leaving work yesterday, I looked out my window and noticed the rain had stopped. While walking to my car, I noticed the winds that had been battering the area for weeks now have stopped. By the time I got home, flying was all that is on my mind.

I am still hesitant to try the Blade SR until I get my DX6I. Just the sound of the rotors spinning on the SR is intimidating. Thanks to the LHS (Time Flys Hobbies) and their layaway policy, I should have the DX6I in about a month. Last night I decided to do the MQX since after replacing a broken arm and some blades is has become really stable.

My first flight was great, so for battery 2, I decided to stick my little camera on it and had a nice long run with some decent footage. I decided to post 2 versions of the footage. One with YouTube's auto stabilization and one without. If you are looking to just pop quick videos on YouTube like I do without much or any editing, try the YouTube editor and effects.

MQX Long Flight After The Rain - No YouTube Stabilization (5 min 25 sec)

MQX Long Flight After The Rain- With YouTube Stabilization (5 min 32 sec)

And those are with just some velcro stuck to the battery holder on the bottom. I may try something on top of the canopy soon. I just bought a lot of zip ties. At least that way I would not need to rotate the video when I am done.

It is looking pretty nice out right now and Venom has sent me a replacement ESC for my Gambler. I think tonight feels like a little racing on the ground against my son at the park after work. Maybe some MCX2 maneuvers before bed since all my lipos are charged.
Micubano is offline Find More Posts by Micubano
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Damn you Talon 90!
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 05, 2012, 08:34 PM
Mr. Magoo's Co-Pilot
USA, CA, San Diego
Joined Sep 2009
1,195 Posts
Interesting effect, if it weren't for how the stabilization makes waver and move a bit
GRUMPEE is online now Find More Posts by GRUMPEE