HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 11, 2013, 09:15 AM
Joined Sep 2010
480 Posts
To make this thing to perform similar to today's BeastX, it will need to be on version v3, because there is a very large difference between V1 and V3, I would not pay more than 50$ for aBeastX stuck on V1, the tail just don't hold in reverse and the cyclic is very mushy, no sat/s-bus support, etc...

You can get today for 200$ to mid 250$ something far better than BeastX.

I wonder bigaoleamy, how do you feel in selling someone else property?
martin_ is offline Find More Posts by martin_
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 11, 2013, 09:20 AM
CP heli ≠ 3D heli
United States, NJ, Point Pleasant Beach
Joined Mar 2009
1,674 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by martin_ View Post
To make this thing to perform similar to today's BeastX, it will need to be on version v3, because there is a very large difference between V1 and V3, I would not pay more than 50$ for aBeastX stuck on V1, the tail just don't hold in reverse and the cyclic is very mushy, no sat/s-bus support, etc...

Who's property are you talking about?
Gedexas is offline Find More Posts by Gedexas
Old Jan 13, 2013, 09:15 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Oct 2012
151 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by martin_ View Post

Hello Martin

It's nothing to do with Beastx's property,you can check it.One thing certain is that the New Bigaole FBL unit isn't nothing inferior to BeastV3 on stability,If you doubt it,you could fly it yourself.

Of course,if players rather pay more 100dollars for a BeastX,it's ok for all of us as brand value msut be respected.
bigaoleamy is offline Find More Posts by bigaoleamy
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Jan 14, 2013, 03:26 AM
Australia, VIC
Joined Dec 2011
1,101 Posts
Hmmmm

Im currently using the CopterX CX3x1000 ...

Being Noob it was interesting ...

The cyclic is more or less sorted [ works ] , and the major issue was getting the tail to stop waging [ a CX3x1000 issue ] , still ongoing [ Hope to be closer to a fix ]

How much better is the Tarot zyx than the CopterX ?

What about the Align 3G ? or the VCTRC 3GX ? or the CopterX CX3-2000 or KDS - Ebar

Being noob , its a different perspective ...

There are a lot of gyros out there , and some are directly intended for competition and others more for general use [ like comparing apples and oranges ]

So depending on user experience desires etc , hopefully there is something for everyone ..

Plug and play would be nice but with so many variables ?

Anyhow , so far the discussion seems to have been quite limited ...
old4570 is offline Find More Posts by old4570
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Wow -
Old Jan 14, 2013, 04:47 AM
Letchworth, Great Britain (UK)
Joined Jul 2004
11,434 Posts
For me the BeastX was plug and play. I had no luck with the 3Gx on my T-Rex 550, but the BeastX worked straight out of the box on factory settings. I'm a learner too, so I can't say what it's like if you want anything other than simple hovering and forward flight though. But for my level of competence, it's brilliant.
abenn is online now Find More Posts by abenn
Last edited by abenn; Jan 14, 2013 at 07:24 AM. Reason: Spelling
Old Jan 14, 2013, 07:21 AM
WOS
United States, IN, Michigan City
Joined Nov 2003
808 Posts
I have used the 3GX on my trex 500. Not too bad setting up and flew ok.......UNTIL it went into reboot or reset for some reason and I lost control. When I got SOME control back and to keep it away from people, cars or buildings I nose dived it into the street. I have used the Walkera RX270V FBL controller and it was a serious pain in the arse to set up but it flew awesome. Made my 450 feel like a bigger bird. It could only be used though with the Walkera 2801 Pro TX. Now have the beastx, AR7200BX, very easy to set up and I only hovered and short fly arounds it was awesome as well. If there is any such thing as plug and play I would have to say the beastx is it. I highly recommend a swash plate level tool though. Very straight forward going through the menu selections and flew right out of the box so to speak.
For the price, ease of setup, flies right after setup I give the beastx or AR7200BX BeastX & Spektrum combo thumbs up all the way
WOS is offline Find More Posts by WOS
Old Jan 14, 2013, 11:26 AM
USA, WA, Bremerton
Joined Feb 2007
844 Posts
Are there heli drivers reading this thread that dont have basic tools like swash
leveler yet have FBL machines?
Blade Crasher is online now Find More Posts by Blade Crasher
Old Jan 14, 2013, 12:35 PM
CP heli ≠ 3D heli
Joined Mar 2009
1,674 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade Crasher View Post
Are there heli drivers reading this thread that dont have basic tools like swash
leveler yet have FBL machines?
That would be me. Well in all honesty, I do own a swash leveler, but I can't find a good use for it anymore and have not seen it in a year or so.
Old Jan 14, 2013, 12:49 PM
USA, WA, Bremerton
Joined Feb 2007
844 Posts
Don't you need to setup the heli mechanically correct before using a FBL system, or are these so smart that they fix a screwed up swash setup and other problems?

I wonder how they determine what "level" is, if that is what they do.
Old Jan 14, 2013, 01:27 PM
CP heli ≠ 3D heli
Joined Mar 2009
1,674 Posts
That's the problem, these gyros try to appear to be smart, but shoot themselves in the foot at the same time, so if your helicopter drifts, you will end up turning the swash knuckles to stop the drift.

So what is the point in leveling it in the first place if you will end up putting a turn or two in the swash links anyway?

In [my] theory, all flyarless helicopters should fly like the mCPx, but in reality it is far from that. All the gyros that I own (except the CY and the mCPx) will drift with the wind and drift if your CG is off, so no reason to get everything "perfect" because it will not fly straight anyway. The CY gyro and the mCPx will fly even if your swash is completely crooked and CG is way off, that's why you can slap a 120SR tail motor and it does not even budge the little chopper.
Old Jan 14, 2013, 01:40 PM
USA, WA, Bremerton
Joined Feb 2007
844 Posts
What does a 120SR tail motor do on my Mcpx if I'm still brushed on the main motor? Is this something I should upgrade. I had thought it was only when I went (if ever) BL on the main?

I just did my first inverted hover on the Mcpx this weekend, so I'm a long way for needing massive power on that little bird but maybe the tail is something I'm missing the boat on.
Old Jan 14, 2013, 01:44 PM
CP heli ≠ 3D heli
Joined Mar 2009
1,674 Posts
In my opinion the 120SR on the tail is incredible, even with a brushed main motor. I have tried an extended tail with a stock tail motor, but that was not enough for me, so I now fly a 120SR tail with stock length boom and it holds through anything. I would like to try brushless main motor one day and probably will do so, but I can't justify spending too much money on the mCPx at this time.
Old Jan 14, 2013, 02:40 PM
Low rates are for wimps
United States, CO, Colorado Springs
Joined May 2008
3,250 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by old4570 View Post

The cyclic is more or less sorted [ works ] , and the major issue was getting the tail to stop waging [ a CX3x1000 issue ] , still ongoing [ Hope to be closer to a fix ]

They are the same hardware essentially, with different firmware. The good news is many of the CopterX units can be re-flashed to use Tarot firmware (I've done it with two of mine). Check out the thread here: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...&postcount=621
bwoollia is online now Find More Posts by bwoollia
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 14, 2013, 05:53 PM
United States, MN, Avoca
Joined Nov 2012
81 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by old4570 View Post

What about the Align 3G ? or the VCTRC 3GX ? or the CopterX CX3-2000 or KDS - Ebar

Being noob , its a different perspective ...

There are a lot of gyros out there , and some are directly intended for competition and others more for general use [ like comparing apples and oranges ]

So depending on user experience desires etc , hopefully there is something for everyone ..

Plug and play would be nice but with so many variables ?

Anyhow , so far the discussion seems to have been quite limited ...
VCTRC3GX and HB800 are all clones of BigaOle,it seemed the BigaOle is the FBL factory for many brands.
Bigbond is offline Find More Posts by Bigbond
Old Jan 14, 2013, 08:24 PM
Australia, VIC
Joined Dec 2011
1,101 Posts
Hmmm

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwoollia View Post
They are the same hardware essentially, with different firmware. The good news is many of the CopterX units can be re-flashed to use Tarot firmware (I've done it with two of mine). Check out the thread here: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...&postcount=621
Yeah , mine wont flash , process just times out ..

Would love to try Tarot firmware ... Some say it fixes the tail wag ...
old4570 is offline Find More Posts by old4570
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Wow -