SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
This thread is privately moderated by JamesNeal, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Oct 06, 2012, 06:59 PM
Unregistered Nightflyer
Joined Jul 2009
148 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockin Robbins View Post
Oh, we can have a serious safety discussion. We can even have it here in spite of the troll. But he's still posting specifically for the purpose of getting people to fight, evidenced by the way he switches topics when frustrated. So we can discuss among ourselves but please don't feed the troll.

We're concerned about safety because we have more fun outside of the hospital or the courtroom. It is difficult to fly an RC plane in either of those places. Therefore being safe is a lot more fun than "Just grab a plane and have a go in the park, lighten up and don't be so serious!"

And as you imply, ignoring safety is to invite scrutiny by the feds, who are famous for knee-jerk reactions with bad consequences. And usually it is the innocent who are punished while the guilty fly on, care free.
I'll drink to that.
kavic5150 is offline Find More Posts by kavic5150
Old Oct 06, 2012, 08:03 PM
Tellin' it like it is!
Joined Sep 2012
20 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasmine2501 View Post
Yeah he was joking, the little planes don't do any damage. They do fly 450 helicopters in there too though. I don't, but our local pro does demos at that show. I would fly a 130 or smaller with the people nearby.
Helicopters - now that's a whole different story, dang dangerous things!!

What's with those heli fanatics anyway? An RC model should be like your life philosophy, always moving forward. Not sideways, backwards, twirly whirly upside-down. Someone should show 'em a good fixed wing model pronto!
JamesNeal is offline Find More Posts by JamesNeal
Old Oct 07, 2012, 12:22 AM
United Kingdom, England, Dorset
Joined Apr 2010
968 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by C₄H₁₀ View Post
Futaba is better than Spektrum. No brown-outs.
Turnigy offers the best value.They offer a 8 ch set for about one tenth the price of some big names.
alibongo is offline Find More Posts by alibongo
Old Oct 07, 2012, 12:58 AM
United States, OR, Portland
Joined Jan 2008
1,796 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by alibongo View Post
Turnigy offers the best value.They offer a 8 ch set for about one tenth the price of some big names.
Yeah but it is like driving a beater American vs a nice German car... does all the same stuff just not quite as nicely
seeingeyegod is offline Find More Posts by seeingeyegod
Old Oct 07, 2012, 07:23 AM
Respect my AUTHORIFLYHHHH !!
Joined Sep 2010
25 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesNeal View Post
Hey guyz!

Fairly new to RCG. But reading through this thread, I think a lot of people are taking things too seriously!!! These are foamies we're talking about, not lethal bullets!! Just grab a plane and have a go in the park, lighten up and don't be so serious!

It'll work - I promise!

I hear yu Bro, relax into it, a few Brewski's before a sortie helped me shake those 'newbie' nerves now I fly like an Eagle man and 'safe', never hit nobody yet
SouthParkflyer is offline Find More Posts by SouthParkflyer
Old Oct 07, 2012, 07:35 AM
Tellin' it like it is!
Joined Sep 2012
20 Posts
Good stuff - your forum nick should be "Iceman"! The nervous nannies...more like "Goose", lol...
JamesNeal is offline Find More Posts by JamesNeal
Old Oct 07, 2012, 08:04 AM
Joined Sep 2010
25 Posts
Quote:
Good stuff - your forum nick should be "Iceman"! The nervous nannies...more like "Goose", lol...
Nah, once I Chug a few Brewski's and hit the local park I'm Mavric man, 'I feel the need,the need for speed'
Old Oct 07, 2012, 10:44 AM
Rocket Programmer
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Jul 2007
25,388 Posts
Quote:
Helicopters - now that's a whole different story, dang dangerous things!!

What's with those heli fanatics anyway? An RC model should be like your life philosophy, always moving forward. Not sideways, backwards, twirly whirly upside-down. Someone should show 'em a good fixed wing model pronto!
I know, I think we're a little mentally ill... I spent yesterday repairing two helis I don't have the parts for, but it's cold out and I don't have anything better to do
jasmine2501 is offline Find More Posts by jasmine2501
Old Oct 07, 2012, 10:51 AM
Canada, BC, Port Coquitlam
Joined Apr 2012
1,189 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthParkflyer View Post
I hear yu Bro, relax into it, a few Brewski's before a sortie helped me shake those 'newbie' nerves now I fly like an Eagle man and 'safe', never hit nobody yet

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesNeal
easyrider604 is offline Find More Posts by easyrider604
Last edited by easyrider604; Oct 07, 2012 at 11:06 AM.
Old Oct 07, 2012, 01:15 PM
buyer of the farm
United States, FL, DeLand
Joined Mar 2009
4,171 Posts
Quote:
Futaba is better than Spektrum. No brown-outs.
Take any radio or any electrical appliance for that matter below the threshold voltage it needs to operate and it will brown out. That makes the list of electrical devices that have brown-outs include Futaba and every other RC receiver that ever existed, now exists or ever will exist. Don't feed 'em right and they get cranky.

Brown-outs are the fault of the operator, because the pilot is responsible for the working of every component of the system he flies.
Rockin Robbins is online now Find More Posts by Rockin Robbins
Old Oct 07, 2012, 03:01 PM
Wake up, feel pulse, be happy!
United States, AK, Fairbanks
Joined Aug 2009
12,410 Posts
Quote:
Brown-outs are the fault of the operator
No, they're Spektrum's fault.
C₄H₁₀ is offline Find More Posts by C₄H₁₀
Old Oct 07, 2012, 03:06 PM
Bye Bye VP Aug 2010 - Aug 2012
United Kingdom, London
Joined Jan 2005
5,942 Posts
Quote:
No, they're Spektrum's fault.
It's Spektrums fault the operator didn't ensure their was sufficient voltage?

And next time I run out of gas it will be the fault of the car maker?

The next time I go overdrawn it will be down to the bank?

And fat people can blame the food companies?

Personal responsibility?

Stupid is as stupid does.
Gerry__ is offline Find More Posts by Gerry__
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Foamie Resurrection
Old Oct 07, 2012, 03:16 PM
Wake up, feel pulse, be happy!
United States, AK, Fairbanks
Joined Aug 2009
12,410 Posts
Guys, I fly with a Spektrum radio and love it. I was just trying my hand at a little soft-core trolling
C₄H₁₀ is offline Find More Posts by C₄H₁₀
Old Oct 07, 2012, 03:51 PM
United States, VA, Richmond
Joined Aug 2012
1,152 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by seeingeyegod View Post
Yeah but it is like driving a beater American vs a nice German car... does all the same stuff just not quite as nicely
German cars have bad repair records. Just because you pay more doesn't mean it's going to flawless.
Babadush is offline Find More Posts by Babadush
Old Oct 07, 2012, 04:00 PM
Joined Sep 2010
25 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockin Robbins View Post
Brown-outs are the fault of the operator, because the pilot is responsible for the working of every component of the system he flies.
You wanna eliminate "Brown outs' ? Easy just run 72meg man
Personally I run Electron 6 knockoffs, $7 on Ebay, sure they glitch from time to time but a good flyer can deal with that .Every time I hit a momentary lockout I just think of the money I saved.