HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by JamesNeal, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Oct 06, 2012, 08:18 AM
Tellin' it like it is!
Joined Sep 2012
20 Posts
The ironic aspect is that a lot of the "Cautious Kenneth" posters will be flying with Spektrum radio gear.
JamesNeal is offline Find More Posts by JamesNeal
Old Oct 06, 2012, 08:20 AM
Canadian Bacon
Kingston, Canada
Joined Jun 2004
12,689 Posts
Some guys have to learn the hard way. I have a few prop scars but still enjoy my flying. So we're going to drag in radio brands now??.

Gord.
flypaper 2 is online now Find More Posts by flypaper 2
Old Oct 06, 2012, 08:52 AM
buyer of the farm
United States, FL, DeLand
Joined Mar 2009
4,076 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesNeal View Post
The ironic aspect is that a lot of the "Cautious Kenneth" posters will be flying with Spektrum radio gear.
Substitution of one troll for another. Yikes, is there any limit to the red meat you'll toss out there? It's been proven that Spektrum radios are just fine and problems were caused by other components. But it is still a red meat subject among some, which is the only reason you brought it up.

Folks, please do not feed the troll. Moderators, please close the thread.
Rockin Robbins is online now Find More Posts by Rockin Robbins
Old Oct 06, 2012, 08:53 AM
buyer of the farm
Joined Mar 2009
4,076 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by alibongo View Post
I think Darwin may have beaten him by a whisker:http://www.guardian.co.uk/science/20...nary.evolution
To call it a "natural selection award" would spoil the joke by giving the punch line in the title.
If you have some time to kill: http://www.darwinawards.com/darwin/:
Yeah, the vast majority of the stories are made up but it is very entertaining.
Old Oct 06, 2012, 09:09 AM
Tellin' it like it is!
Joined Sep 2012
20 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockin Robbins View Post
It's been proven that Spektrum radios are just fine and problems were caused by other components.
Um, how many recalls, updates, and fixes have Spektrum issued? Do they have a link that works reliably yet?

Futaba sorted this stuff out years ago! Buy it now, doooooooo itttttttttt!
Old Oct 06, 2012, 09:22 AM
Bye Bye VP Aug 2010 - Aug 2012
United Kingdom, London
Joined Jan 2005
5,940 Posts
Quote:
Um, how many recalls, updates, and fixes have Spektrum issued? Do they have a link that works reliably yet?

Futaba sorted this stuff out years ago! Buy it now, doooooooo itttttttttt!
My Spektrum stuff works perfectly.

Click on this link: http://www.horizonrcflyers.com/forums/member.php?u=455
Gerry__ is offline Find More Posts by Gerry__
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Foamie Resurrection
Old Oct 06, 2012, 09:33 AM
buyer of the farm
Joined Mar 2009
4,076 Posts
The following is a tongue in cheek comment, made in good humor but reflecting the truth. It is not a personal attack as trolls, being monsters, are not entitled to the rights of personhood.

There are lots of good radios. Spektrum and Futaba are two of them. There are more.
Old Oct 06, 2012, 09:37 AM
Tellin' it like it is!
Joined Sep 2012
20 Posts
Gerry, bro, I clicked your link and got taken to a member profile page - huh??
Old Oct 06, 2012, 09:50 AM
buyer of the farm
Joined Mar 2009
4,076 Posts
Quote:
Gerry, bro, I clicked your link and got taken to a member profile page - huh??

The troll is trolled! Incredible! This is great.
Old Oct 06, 2012, 10:07 AM
Joined Nov 2011
936 Posts
Logan4169 is offline Find More Posts by Logan4169
Old Oct 06, 2012, 01:58 PM
Unregistered Nightflyer
Joined Jul 2009
139 Posts
Why so quick to fly the troll flag?

Incidents like this:
http://jalopnik.com/5617310/video-crash-of-rc-plane-into-real-one-sparks-dogfight-over-air-rights

Are being closely monitored by the FAA. We need to have a serious discussion about safety at airports and funflys.

And, oh yeah,
kavic5150 is offline Find More Posts by kavic5150
Old Oct 06, 2012, 01:58 PM
Rocket Programmer
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Jul 2007
25,386 Posts
Quote:
Was he joking? Insurance for being hit by a UM!?

Litigation strikes again in the land of red white and blue! Put an end to it now - let's agree to toughen up and not start crying at the drop of a hat.
Yeah he was joking, the little planes don't do any damage. They do fly 450 helicopters in there too though. I don't, but our local pro does demos at that show. I would fly a 130 or smaller with the people nearby.
jasmine2501 is offline Find More Posts by jasmine2501
Old Oct 06, 2012, 03:31 PM
United States, IN
Joined Jan 2012
789 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodney View Post
For some reason or other, electric flyers seem to be much more careless in watching out for propellers than the old school of flyers are.

I might be one of those guy you refer to. I've not cut myself yet but I've been careless around the prop when the battery was connected and my TX was on. I keep trying to remind myself to be careful. Those little motors and 3 cell batteries are powerful! What gets me is that I don't think there is a throttle hold function for airplanes on my DX6i but it has one for helicopters.
HoosierGuy is offline Find More Posts by HoosierGuy
Old Oct 06, 2012, 06:23 PM
buyer of the farm
Joined Mar 2009
4,076 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kavic5150 View Post
Why so quick to fly the troll flag?

Incidents like this:
http://jalopnik.com/5617310/video-crash-of-rc-plane-into-real-one-sparks-dogfight-over-air-rights

Are being closely monitored by the FAA. We need to have a serious discussion about safety at airports and funflys.

And, oh yeah,
Oh, we can have a serious safety discussion. We can even have it here in spite of the troll. But he's still posting specifically for the purpose of getting people to fight, evidenced by the way he switches topics when frustrated. So we can discuss among ourselves but please don't feed the troll.

We're concerned about safety because we have more fun outside of the hospital or the courtroom. It is difficult to fly an RC plane in either of those places. Therefore being safe is a lot more fun than "Just grab a plane and have a go in the park, lighten up and don't be so serious!"

And as you imply, ignoring safety is to invite scrutiny by the feds, who are famous for knee-jerk reactions with bad consequences. And usually it is the innocent who are punished while the guilty fly on, care free.
Old Oct 06, 2012, 06:29 PM
Wake up, feel pulse, be happy!
United States, AK, Fairbanks
Joined Aug 2009
12,398 Posts
Futaba is better than Spektrum. No brown-outs.
C₄H₁₀ is offline Find More Posts by C₄H₁₀