HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by JamesNeal, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Oct 17, 2012, 01:28 AM
Joined Nov 2011
936 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneLastweedle View Post
"More harmless" LOL tell me, is there also a "chance that definitely might be true" ?

RR, you've got to be Trolling now surely ?

Thought you'd reached your silliest low already but I see you're still on the descent

I brought my Vapor second hand 2 years back.
Reason the guy was selling it cheap ? He was 'Harmlessly' flying it in his back garden one day when a small wind gust blew it off course .It hit his 2yo daughter in the face ,prop cut her cheek 2 inches from her eye, a trip to the ER and 4 stitches later his wife was so pee'd off she was making him sell it.
Funny thing to happen with something that's "Fun & Harmless" ??

As for "cutting the throttle prior to any contact being made"
Really doesn't even deserve a comment , asinine was used once already in this thread, that about sums that up.

Why would you even consider having such a dangerous weapon?
Logan4169 is offline Find More Posts by Logan4169
Old Oct 17, 2012, 03:33 AM
Respect my AUTHORIFLYHHHH !!
Joined Sep 2010
25 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by WitnessOnly View Post
it's becoming quite epic in a small kinda way
My man Homer be digging this gear for sure
SouthParkflyer is offline Find More Posts by SouthParkflyer
Old Oct 17, 2012, 03:59 AM
Joined Nov 2011
936 Posts
So some other guy was flying in conditions that caused the plane to be uncontrollable while too close to a person that would be unable to recognize and avoid an object coming at their face. (Notice that a troll would never do something like that, it is always someone else when something goes wrong.) Then you come here and claim that the plane is inherently unsafe. In fact, too unsafe to be flown in public regardless of the pilots skill, conditions, available space, etc. But that didn't prevent you from spending your hard earned cash to take this menace off of the hands of a poor fellow because his family was in crisis. You are a real hero!

When reasonable people say that something is relatively safe, it doesn't mean that it is idiot proof. The "pilot" in that story clearly didn't think it through and his actions shouldn't be defended. However, the Vapor wasn't the problem and neither was the wind. For you to say that since an injury occured because someone was foolish, therefore everyone else must be a fool is offensive. And trollish.
Old Oct 17, 2012, 04:16 AM
United States, TX, Fort Worth
Joined Jun 2010
20 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan4169 View Post
So some other guy was flying in conditions that caused the plane to be uncontrollable while too close to a person that would be unable to recognize and avoid an object coming at their face. (Notice that a troll would never do something like that, it is always someone else when something goes wrong.) Then you come here and claim that the plane is inherently unsafe. In fact, too unsafe to be flown in public regardless of the pilots skill, conditions, available space, etc. But that didn't prevent you from spending your hard earned cash to take this menace off of the hands of a poor fellow because his family was in crisis. You are a real hero!

When reasonable people say that something is relatively safe, it doesn't mean that it is idiot proof. The "pilot" in that story clearly didn't think it through and his actions shouldn't be defended. However, the Vapor wasn't the problem and neither was the wind. For you to say that since an injury occured because someone was foolish, therefore everyone else must be a fool is offensive. And trollish.
LOL you guys are funny in a sad, straw grasping kind of way
Who was flying the plane at the time of the accident is incidental but if it helps you feel better about yourself I will say it was me, there yu go .
Who ever said the plane in question was" Relatively safe" ? The description was "it is Harmless".
Isn't that just as irresponsible as claiming you drink before flying or that safety is not important .
Was someone foolish, Yes.
and yes I took the plane off his hands but would I ever describe any plane as harmless , NO.

OneLastweedle is offline Find More Posts by OneLastweedle
Last edited by OneLastweedle; Oct 17, 2012 at 04:27 AM.
Old Oct 17, 2012, 04:39 AM
Joined Jun 2010
20 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan4169 View Post
Why would you even consider having such a dangerous weapon?
Yer, BAHAHAHAHAHAHAH !!! What a scream , Geez I laughed
However claiming any RC plane is Harmless is as absurd as calling it a dangerous weapon.

Old Oct 17, 2012, 04:46 AM
Joined Nov 2011
936 Posts
I will let RR debate the use of the word "harmless" if he wants. My argument is that a Vapor is one of a long list of R/C aircraft that can be flown safely in a park by a competent pilot.
Old Oct 17, 2012, 06:17 AM
Tellin' it like it is!
Joined Sep 2012
20 Posts
Chums, time to settle down and stop the flaming yo!

Let's get back to the original topic and the heart of the idea. I posit - taking things too seriously will hold you back. You'll advance faster and be a safer flier if you get out there and have a go. Put some serious stick time in dawgs!
JamesNeal is offline Find More Posts by JamesNeal
Old Oct 17, 2012, 07:39 AM
buyer of the farm
United States, FL, DeLand
Joined Mar 2009
4,611 Posts
Quote:
I brought my Vapor second hand 2 years back.
Reason the guy was selling it cheap ? He was 'Harmlessly' flying it in his back garden one day when a small wind gust blew it off course .It hit his 2yo daughter in the face ,prop cut her cheek 2 inches from her eye, a trip to the ER and 4 stitches later his wife was so pee'd off she was making him sell it.
Funny thing to happen with something that's "Fun & Harmless" ??

As for "cutting the throttle prior to any contact being made"
Really doesn't even deserve a comment , asinine was used once already in this thread, that about sums that up.

That's not only a lie. It's a bad lie. Luckily, nobody believes it.
Rockin Robbins is offline Find More Posts by Rockin Robbins
Old Oct 17, 2012, 08:03 AM
Tellin' it like it is!
Joined Sep 2012
20 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockin Robbins View Post
Bro, why you trollolin' now?!

Shouldn't speak on behalf of anyone but yourself yo! Cutting a kid with your micro plane could happen...

Shouldn't stop you from having a fly though!
JamesNeal is offline Find More Posts by JamesNeal
Old Oct 17, 2012, 08:03 AM
Joined Nov 2011
936 Posts
James I agree with the basic premise that taking yourself or this hobby too seriously is not a good idea. Now here is the problem with starting a thread like this. There were NO definitions! That is like letting a pack of hounds loose and hoping they will stay in your yard, without even showing them the property line. So early on it was predicted that this thread will be nothing but a troll fest. I don't think that Nostradamus would be jealous, but it seems to have been pretty accurate.

There will always be those that can not be reasoned with. For instance, when you equate flying a 1 pound foam plane with drunk driving you are pretty much announcing that you won't be bothered by logic. But there are a few here that are sort of waiting for a ligitimate conversation to break out. If you are looking for a discussion then lay down some bounderies and see what happens.
Old Oct 17, 2012, 08:25 AM
Joined Jun 2010
20 Posts
Quote:
LOL. Not a lie,an inconvenient truth for you

Warning
Though your ParkZoneŽ Vapor comes ready to fly, this aircraft is for
experienced RC pilots only and is not a toy. It can cause serious
bodily harm and damage to property!

Above is included in the actual Parkzone Vapor manual. ( Look it up yourself)
Vapor's flying weight is 1/2 ounce so I doubt inertia is going to be the cause of any serious injury.

The story re the accident is 100% true who gives a Rat's what you believe

.[/QUOTE= Rockin Robbins]
Luckily, nobody believes it.]

First price for generalizing and speaking for others though .
Last edited by OneLastweedle; Oct 17, 2012 at 09:04 AM.
Old Oct 17, 2012, 09:08 AM
buyer of the farm
Joined Mar 2009
4,611 Posts
Thank you and I accept your acclamation of speaking for all. Let's have a vote, shall we?

Free puppies for all with your vote and I promise smiles from your wife. Vote early. Vote often. A vote for me is a vote for puppies and wives. Heck, I'm desperate. We'll toss in cake to make it real appealing! THIS cake is real, I promise. (little Portal reference there...)

And now for the cutthroat portion of the campaign:
Last edited by Rockin Robbins; Oct 17, 2012 at 09:19 AM.
Old Oct 17, 2012, 09:19 AM
Joined Jun 2010
20 Posts
Quote:
What with, an out of control Vapor ?
Free cake No humble pie I see.
Old Oct 17, 2012, 09:27 AM
buyer of the farm
Joined Mar 2009
4,611 Posts
Quote:
No, my Karma is a Humvee. A real Humvee. Your dogma was a whiney runt of a dachshund. He wasn't a high class dogma anyway, one of the 47%, I understand, so he probably deserved to be squished. My lawyer will be contacting you about paying for damages to the Humvee.
Last edited by Rockin Robbins; Oct 17, 2012 at 09:35 AM.
Old Oct 17, 2012, 09:30 AM
buyer of the farm
Joined Mar 2009
4,611 Posts
Quote:
Free cake No humble pie I see.
There's a vicious rumor that the cake is chocolate. I can assure everyone that unless that is their favorite kind, nothing of the sort could possibly be true. Thank you for submitting to authority. We are your FRIENDLY fascists and know what is best for you.

Remember: a vote for me to be your trusted source is a vote not to have YOUR dogma run over by my karma.