HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by JamesNeal, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Oct 15, 2012, 10:17 AM
United States, CA, Oceanside
Joined Apr 2011
4,747 Posts
Yeah, I see a couple of these guys writing stuff just to get a rise. That is why RR is right about these guys. I wouldn't put it past one of them to be the one banned due to another thread. I also think the "brewski" stuff is aimed at getting a rise out of people too since nobody can be that stupid. I have chosen to ignore them now. I only post now because I was thinking the same thing as you dedstick.
chucksolo69 is offline Find More Posts by chucksolo69
Old Oct 15, 2012, 10:27 AM
Redacted per NSA "suggestion"
United States, VA, Virginia Beach
Joined Feb 2012
5,395 Posts
I don't exactly fly in parks. In my city it's against city ordinance to fly in any public park that is controlled by the local Parks & Recreation.

It is completely ok to fly on public school property which is still maintained by the city but oddly not against city ordinance. The 3 soccer pitches I normally fly over are next to a track. Other than the occasional soccer game or practices only the track is used by a few joggers at any given time. As long as the pitches are empty and there's less than 5 people using the track, I'll fly over the soccer pitches, keeping my back to the track essentially keeps them in what would be considered the pit at a club field (behind the pilot area).

Out of 100 flights at this field I've probably had to ask 1 person to keep back and it was because they saw the plane and wanted to come over and have a look.

Everything in context. Not like I fly where there are more than a half dozen people, not like I fly over anyone's head.

If there's a soccer practice I either wait it out, or head home, if someone did turn up and start using the field below where I were flying, I'd land and pack up for the day. I've no right to run them off, they have just as much right to use the field as I do, possibly even more-so as it's likely a school activity.

Most of the time we use the field to fly, it's between 7 am and 12 pm Sunday mornings. Not too many people out doing stuff at that time of day other than church going.

I do fully agree with you though, if I had to tell everyone to stand back then I would be flying in the wrong place. While as you stated it's your opinion, it's one I share as well.
dedStik is offline Find More Posts by dedStik
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Confessions of a smoker...
Old Oct 15, 2012, 10:29 AM
Respect my AUTHORIFLYHHHH !!
Joined Sep 2010
25 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksolo69 View Post
Yeah, I see a couple of these guys writing stuff just to get a rise. That is why RR is right about these guys. I wouldn't put it past one of them to be the one banned due to another thread. I also think the "brewski" stuff is aimed at getting a rise out of people too since nobody can be that stupid. I have chosen to ignore them now. I only post now because I was thinking the same thing as you dedstick.
Listen man RR aint right about nuthin ! That dudes got cover and fly's on the man's land and he's still bitchin
Bet he still don't down a couple of Brewski's before a fly either , that dog aint human
I tell yu. He aint right about nuthin man .....
SouthParkflyer is offline Find More Posts by SouthParkflyer
Old Oct 15, 2012, 10:49 AM
buyer of the farm
United States, FL, DeLand
Joined Mar 2009
3,934 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthParkflyer View Post
Listen man RR aint right about nuthin ! That dudes got cover and fly's on the man's land and he's still bitchin
Bet he still don't down a couple of Brewski's before a fly either , that dog aint human

Rockin Robbins is offline Find More Posts by Rockin Robbins
Old Oct 15, 2012, 10:55 AM
RCG -Minus Member
United States, SC, West Columbia
Joined Oct 2009
1,440 Posts
Quote:
microflitedude is offline Find More Posts by microflitedude
Old Oct 15, 2012, 12:27 PM
AMA 994002
United States, RI, Westerly
Joined May 2012
1,030 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan4169 View Post
Among the many errors in your post, you are grossly overestimating the speeds that a typical park flyer in the 5 to 16 ounce range would be capable of flying. Your entire post is based on inaccurate suppositions. I dare say, if you build and fly with the same attention to detail with which you post, then I can see why you would find the hobby so dangerous.
Please define "typical".Those "Funfliers" (Hobby King) and "Pocket Rockets" (Banana Hobby) stock from the box will do 70mph, they are "typical" Parkfliers. Most EDFs stock from the box will do AT LEAST 50mph. Another "typical" Parkflier. I've only had one incident with a plane, and that was because I was naive enough at the time to believe it was "RTF", and it was far from it. After that, especially with a foam plane, I redo all hinges, there was an aileron servo on this "parkflier" I have now that wasn't even glued when I pulled it out of the box, so they ALL got pulled, and re-glued. My "attention to detail", as you put it, is my top priority where a flying model is concerned, you can make all the assumptions you want about that. Doesn't really matter anyway, I'm sure you'll have some sort of smarmy remark. Seems to be a defense mechanism for you.
matiac is offline Find More Posts by matiac
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Stability issue
Old Oct 15, 2012, 01:24 PM
United States, CA, Oceanside
Joined Apr 2011
4,747 Posts
And you are, right? ANYONE who gets drunk or high BEFORE going out flying is way out of line by posting such crap in the "Beginner's" forum. If you think it's OK to do that, I wonder how many times you've gotten behind the wheel of your car in a diminished capacity. Yeah, I know, a couple of "breswskis" and a "joint" just makes you fly better, right? That is why your comments are so laughable pal.
chucksolo69 is offline Find More Posts by chucksolo69
Last edited by chucksolo69; Oct 15, 2012 at 02:54 PM.
Old Oct 15, 2012, 03:29 PM
AMA 994002
United States, RI, Westerly
Joined May 2012
1,030 Posts
Kinda the same thing as saying it's perfectly OK to have a couple drinks, smoke a little weed, and hop in a car and take a drive. "Course I guess getting hit by a 1 pound parkflier wouldn't be as bad as a 2 ton car, or at least that would probably be their cop out...now I'm gonna get critiqued on car weight too...
matiac is offline Find More Posts by matiac
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Stability issue
Old Oct 15, 2012, 03:55 PM
Rocket Programmer
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Jul 2007
25,335 Posts
When you are in court, deciding who's going to pay for the medical bills you caused, there isn't going to be a discussion of the laws of physics and the various weights of example projectiles. There is going to be an injured person and you will be held responsible and there won't be any argument about who's fault it was. If you think you even remotely have the law on your side, you are mistaken. If you hit someone with an aircraft, there won't even be a discussion about whether it's your fault or not - there will only be a discussion about whether punitive damages are appropriate in addition to your liability for real damages!
jasmine2501 is offline Find More Posts by jasmine2501
Last edited by jasmine2501; Oct 15, 2012 at 04:13 PM.
Old Oct 15, 2012, 03:59 PM
United States, TX, Fort Worth
Joined Jun 2010
16 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockin Robbins View Post
A continued silence from this corner will saturate this thread.
If you're talking BS meters, how'd this steamer read ??

LOL,and from the man who's spouting "Lack of character" accusation and claiming statements by others are" Saying more about them than him"

Little issue making firm decisions me thinks
OneLastweedle is offline Find More Posts by OneLastweedle
Old Oct 15, 2012, 04:07 PM
Respect my AUTHORIFLYHHHH !!
Joined Sep 2010
25 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by microflitedude View Post
Geez man ,that would've been a scream ,if only RR hadn't already rolled with it 6 minutes earlier. Try an come up with something original next time dog .
SouthParkflyer is offline Find More Posts by SouthParkflyer
Old Oct 15, 2012, 04:42 PM
USA, NY, Syracuse
Joined Jul 2010
144 Posts
Okay, how about this then, "dog"?

Tom
tr4252 is offline Find More Posts by tr4252
Old Oct 15, 2012, 04:48 PM
RCG -Minus Member
Joined Oct 2009
1,440 Posts
Quote:
Geez man ,that would've been a scream ,if only RR hadn't already rolled with it 6 minutes earlier. Try an come up with something original next time dog .
I rest my case...
Old Oct 15, 2012, 04:49 PM
RCG -Minus Member
Joined Oct 2009
1,440 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tr4252 View Post
Okay, how about this then, "dog"?

Tom
I can't tell you how much I agree with your post.
Old Oct 15, 2012, 04:57 PM
Joined Nov 2011
935 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by matiac View Post
Please define "typical".Those "Funfliers" (Hobby King) and "Pocket Rockets" (Banana Hobby) stock from the box will do 70mph, they are "typical" Parkfliers. Most EDFs stock from the box will do AT LEAST 50mph. Another "typical" Parkflier. I've only had one incident with a plane, and that was because I was naive enough at the time to believe it was "RTF", and it was far from it. After that, especially with a foam plane, I redo all hinges, there was an aileron servo on this "parkflier" I have now that wasn't even glued when I pulled it out of the box, so they ALL got pulled, and re-glued. My "attention to detail", as you put it, is my top priority where a flying model is concerned, you can make all the assumptions you want about that. Doesn't really matter anyway, I'm sure you'll have some sort of smarmy remark. Seems to be a defense mechanism for you.
First, I don't need a defense mechanism. You have made the assumption that I fly in crowded parks and am adamant about doing so. Unsurprisingly you are wrong. I am not defending anyone who flies in an unsafe manner at all! I was simply pointing out that your posts tend to contain significant errors, and I see that you have decided to continue with the trend. You mention two brands as being 1) typical park fliers, and 2) capable of 70 mph out of the box. Apparently you are unaware that these terms are mutually exclusive.

There are plenty of models that can be safely flown in small spaces. To suggest that since you can name a couple of planes that would be unsafe, therefore all must be unsafe, is ridiculous. Reasonable pilots can choose a plane that is suitable to the flying conditions, and the majority of pilots probably are reasonable. There are a few that do stupid things and post the videos though. The same type that would claim in a public forum that 70 mph "Pocket Rockets" are a typical choice for people flying in parks.
Logan4169 is offline Find More Posts by Logan4169
Last edited by Logan4169; Oct 16, 2012 at 08:49 AM.