SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
This thread is privately moderated by JamesNeal, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Oct 14, 2012, 01:29 PM
buyer of the farm
United States, FL, DeLand
Joined Mar 2009
4,751 Posts
Flying monkey with a network cable, no less. That's high class!
Rockin Robbins is offline Find More Posts by Rockin Robbins
Old Oct 14, 2012, 06:15 PM
United Kingdom, England, Dorset
Joined Apr 2010
976 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by alibongo View Post
To settle this once and for all, I shall fly my Radian today where my wife stables our horse,and I shall fly it full throttle into the back of her head when she is not expecting it.I shall report back any injuries.
Well, I carried out the experiment today.It resulted in more injury than I imagined.However, I hope to make a complete recovery, and I have been taking regular anagesia throughout the day.The bruising around my eyes is starting to go down.
alibongo is offline Find More Posts by alibongo
Old Oct 14, 2012, 07:17 PM
United Kingdom, England, Dorset
Joined Apr 2010
976 Posts
BTW, it is my birthday today, I am 57 years old.Time really flies, much more than my planes.
alibongo is offline Find More Posts by alibongo
Old Oct 14, 2012, 08:18 PM
Joined Nov 2011
936 Posts
Sounds like your piloting skills are pretty good, but you really need to brush up on your apologizing! Happy birthday and get well soon. By the way, you didn't mention how the poor Radian endured its ordeal.
Logan4169 is offline Find More Posts by Logan4169
Old Oct 14, 2012, 09:02 PM
Canada, BC, Port Coquitlam
Joined Apr 2012
1,228 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by alibongo View Post
well, i carried out the experiment today.it resulted in more injury than i imagined.however, i hope to make a complete recovery, and i have been taking regular anagesia throughout the day.the bruising around my eyes is starting to go down.
lol
easyrider604 is offline Find More Posts by easyrider604
Old Oct 14, 2012, 11:15 PM
United States, TX, Fort Worth
Joined Jun 2010
20 Posts
[QUOTE=Rockin Robbins;22997050]Bicycling is done on public streets populated primarily by automobiles. Swimming and surfing are done in lakes, primarily populated by microbes and toothy fish. Baseball games are populated by very hard and dense balls traveling over 100 mph directly at crowds or people. Out of the norm is not the issue, risk is.

If you are on a public street are you surprised to see a bicycle Do you know what to do to accommodate the bicycle when passing or giving way to it ?
When you are swimming in lakes are you surprised that there are fish in it or microbes get up your Bugle.?

At a Baseball park, stadium aren't you expecting baseballs and the possibility they might fly into the crowd ?

[QUOTE=Rockin Robbins;22997050]
There is no unwitting public..]

You are not an unwitting participant in any of your listed scenarios.A member of the public suddenly walking /Appearing onto a field while you are mid flight is.

Learn to read. nowhere in my quote above do I claim that ANYBODY had AMA insurance]

Did I mention AMA insurance at any stage before you got on your soap box re it?

In addition to my liability policy I gladly assume personal responsibility for the consequences of anything bad that happens to anyone as a result of any of my activities, including bad things which turn out not to be covered by my insurance. This also is a necessary condition of a non-death status.

Yer, very easy to talk the talk, ever had to walk the walk on it though ?

but on examination it is also correct.

Says you.

Note that I do not fly in public parks but private property with nobody else present.]

Same here sunshine nearest house,road is 10 miles away .
OneLastweedle is offline Find More Posts by OneLastweedle
Last edited by OneLastweedle; Oct 15, 2012 at 11:06 AM.
Old Oct 15, 2012, 04:35 AM
Respect my AUTHORIFLYHHHH !!
Joined Sep 2010
25 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cold wombat View Post
This thread has flying monkey syndrome.
Monkey does as monkey does.
WooHoo Brewski's !!!!
Now you're talking dog
SouthParkflyer is offline Find More Posts by SouthParkflyer
Last edited by SouthParkflyer; Oct 15, 2012 at 07:44 AM.
Old Oct 15, 2012, 07:28 AM
United States, SC, Irmo
Joined Sep 2011
4,789 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodney View Post
I've seen for more prop cuts and stitches due to electric planes than I ever have for glow and gas powered planes and I've been in this hobby for some 60 years. For some reason or other, electric flyers seem to be much more careless in watching out for propellers than the old school of flyers are.
Because when gas is off, it's off. It's not going to come alive by itself or a mistake at the stick, electric is easy to make a mistake, plus you have the issue of reversed throttle channel and testing that out and then the stupid ESC taking bottom stick at full throttle and spinning up on your kitchen table. Don't ask me how I know. (BTW, always test helis with the blades OFF)
shahram72 is online now Find More Posts by shahram72
Old Oct 15, 2012, 07:57 AM
Joined Jun 2010
20 Posts
[QUOTE=shahram72;23004734]Because when gas is off, it's off. It's not going to come alive by itself or a mistake at the stick, electric is easy to make a mistake.

Especially the ex IC electric convert . They're the ones to watch with this
Old Oct 15, 2012, 08:56 AM
buyer of the farm
United States, FL, DeLand
Joined Mar 2009
4,751 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneLastweedle View Post

but on examination it is also correct.

Says you.
It's the usual mangled tags, wihich I won't fix this time. Shows lack of character on your part, which is valid evidence.

Yes I do say and I am correct. Have a nice day!
Rockin Robbins is offline Find More Posts by Rockin Robbins
Old Oct 15, 2012, 09:53 AM
Australia, WA, Perth
Joined Jul 2011
297 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthParkflyer View Post
WooHoo Brewski's !!!!
Now you're talking dog
Not dog. Wombat.

<<< Looky looky.
cold wombat is offline Find More Posts by cold wombat
Old Oct 15, 2012, 10:07 AM
Joined Jun 2010
20 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockin Robbins View Post
It's the usual mangled tags, wihich I won't fix this time. Shows lack of character on your part, which is valid evidence.

Mangled tags, that all you got ?

Oh yer , so you are.
Last edited by OneLastweedle; Oct 15, 2012 at 11:04 AM.
Old Oct 15, 2012, 10:58 AM
Redacted per NSA "suggestion"
United States, VA, Virginia Beach
Joined Feb 2012
5,480 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneLastweedle View Post
Oh really ,it's not "your landing area"
and you can't safely establish flight lines & No go zones ? It's a public park. ?
A 4 foot area around my person is "my landing area".

And you are correct you can not establish flight lines and no go zones, but you can keep the model from over someones head and fly the model so on approach no one enters it's path.
dedStik is offline Find More Posts by dedStik
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: More Confessions of a Smoker
Old Oct 15, 2012, 11:10 AM
Redacted per NSA "suggestion"
United States, VA, Virginia Beach
Joined Feb 2012
5,480 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by matiac View Post
Well, and this is based entirely on what he's written, I don't know him personally, but this guy is a lot like the "kids-with-kids" around here, i.e., got no regard whatsoever for anyone but themselves, have a "get-out-of-my-way" attitude, wears pants 5 sizes too big that hang halfway down his butt (this is based solely on all the "yos" and "broz", etc...), most likely wears a baseball hat backward. OK, THAT was stereotyping, and I'm sorry for that, but my point here is, if you want to fly with obviously no regard for anyone but yourself, that's your problem. Where I'm concerned, "fear" ain't got a damned thing to do with anything you're talking about, I've most likely seen more in 5 years than you've probably seen in your life, it has a lot to do with COMMON SENSE, which apparently, you are lacking. And I do have a BLAST when I go fly my planes/helicopters, when there's more than me and my Son there, quittin' time! Fear? Please...
I could entirely be giving more credit here than is due, but I'd wager the yo's and bro's are only to get someone riled and nothing else.
dedStik is offline Find More Posts by dedStik
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: More Confessions of a Smoker
Old Oct 15, 2012, 11:16 AM
Joined Jun 2010
20 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dedStik View Post
A 4 foot area around my person is "my landing area".

And you are correct you can not establish flight lines and no go zones, but you can keep the model from over someones head and fly the model so on approach no one enters it's path.
If you're flying in a park where the public can turn up mid flight and you have to direct people to stand back you're flying in the wrong place. Hey but that's only my opinion.