HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by JamesNeal, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Oct 05, 2012, 03:03 AM
Tellin' it like it is!
Joined Sep 2012
20 Posts
Discussion
Taking things too seriously!

Hey guyz!

Fairly new to RCG. But reading through this thread, I think a lot of people are taking things too seriously!!! These are foamies we're talking about, not lethal bullets!! Just grab a plane and have a go in the park, lighten up and don't be so serious!

It'll work - I promise!
JamesNeal is offline Find More Posts by JamesNeal
Old Oct 05, 2012, 05:18 AM
Wake up, feel pulse, be happy!
United States, AK, Fairbanks
Joined Aug 2009
12,382 Posts
Lord help us... Here we go
C₄H₁₀ is online now Find More Posts by C₄H₁₀
Old Oct 05, 2012, 05:47 AM
United States, NJ, Jackson
Joined Nov 2011
326 Posts
Oh, here's where the fireworks are. I'll stay and watch.
Scooch is offline Find More Posts by Scooch
Old Oct 05, 2012, 06:04 AM
United States, ID, Burley
Joined Mar 2012
3,282 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesNeal View Post
Hey guyz!

Fairly new to RCG. But reading through this thread, I think a lot of people are taking things too seriously!!! These are foamies we're talking about, not lethal bullets!! Just grab a plane and have a go in the park, lighten up and don't be so serious!

It'll work - I promise!
sure man whatever you say. But props will cut clean through bone,and even a foam plane will break your bones if it hits you. So yea you just go jump at it in a park,hit some kid and maybe they will let you use the PC in the prison library ..
fastfwd is offline Find More Posts by fastfwd
Old Oct 05, 2012, 07:54 AM
Tellin' it like it is!
Joined Sep 2012
20 Posts
Oh c'mon, prison for a toy plane?! You'd have to be pretty silly to let a prop bite you and even if it did - drink some cement and harden up boyz!!
Old Oct 05, 2012, 08:15 AM
Joined Nov 2011
935 Posts
OP didn't mention what plane he was referring to. I hardly think that a Hobbyzone Champ is going to break a bone. Most likely injury is to the pilots pride if he dorks it.
Logan4169 is offline Find More Posts by Logan4169
Old Oct 05, 2012, 08:17 AM
Tellin' it like it is!
Joined Sep 2012
20 Posts
Sorry, let's say...uhmmm ohhhh Parkzone Radian!

I reckon if you can't get a handle on one of those...consider taking up stamp collecting.
Old Oct 05, 2012, 08:26 AM
Joined Nov 2011
935 Posts
I don't know about that YET. The big brown airplane truck is supposed to drop off a Radian Pro today though!!
Old Oct 05, 2012, 09:15 AM
Florida
Joined Aug 2004
4,062 Posts
I've seen for more prop cuts and stitches due to electric planes than I ever have for glow and gas powered planes and I've been in this hobby for some 60 years. For some reason or other, electric flyers seem to be much more careless in watching out for propellers than the old school of flyers are.
Rodney is offline Find More Posts by Rodney
Old Oct 05, 2012, 09:30 AM
Joined Nov 2011
935 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodney View Post
I've seen for more prop cuts and stitches due to electric planes than I ever have for glow and gas powered planes and I've been in this hobby for some 60 years. For some reason or other, electric flyers seem to be much more careless in watching out for propellers than the old school of flyers are.
Yea the young guys must not have any regard for their digits. OR maybe if you would try to understand the differences then you would know why that might be the case.
Old Oct 05, 2012, 09:44 AM
buyer of the farm
United States, FL, DeLand
Joined Mar 2009
3,955 Posts
Welcome to the RC Groups troll exhibit. Fascinating, isn't it, but in the interest of preserving their true behavior in the wild, and not making them dependent on reasoning, logical human beings, please......

Rockin Robbins is offline Find More Posts by Rockin Robbins
Old Oct 05, 2012, 09:44 AM
United States, CA, Oceanside
Joined Apr 2011
4,756 Posts
I gotta ask: "What in the heck is the POINT of this thread?" Sounds like some new member trying to start trouble.
chucksolo69 is offline Find More Posts by chucksolo69
Old Oct 05, 2012, 09:56 AM
Tellin' it like it is!
Joined Sep 2012
20 Posts
The point is to encourage flying and a "have a go" positive attitude.

Don't get too hung up on the negatives, yo!
Old Oct 05, 2012, 10:07 AM
United States, CA, Oceanside
Joined Apr 2011
4,756 Posts
I believe most of us have a positive attitude when it comes to flying. But, also, I try to keep it safe too. I think all of us have had an incident now and again when we accidently bumped the throttle stick and the prop started unexpectedly. Yes, you can take a positive, cavalier attitude when flying and NO one is around to bump into, but you should never take that attitude when safety is concerned. No, a HZ Champ probably won't kill anyone, but the spinning prop could still cut you.
chucksolo69 is offline Find More Posts by chucksolo69
Old Oct 05, 2012, 10:22 AM
Tellin' it like it is!
Joined Sep 2012
20 Posts
Cavalier du Ciel!