HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 02, 2003, 11:26 AM
Walled Lake, MI, USA
Joined Feb 2000
11,182 Posts
>> I charge mine in my dorm living room, on my desk, with a homebuilt charger, while I'm in class... no problems EVER.

Nothing can go wrong ..... go wrong ..... go wrong ..... go wrong .....

It's one thing to gamble with one's own residence and family. To leave charging Li-polys unattended in a dormitory with full knowledge of what could happen in the event of a failure borders on criminal negligence. I sincerely hope that you don't have to learn this the hard way.
Dave Hederich is offline Find More Posts by Dave Hederich
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 02, 2003, 12:10 PM
Pro Bro #1442
Detroit City, Michigan, United States
Joined Oct 2003
520 Posts
Just on a side note you could put them in a tungston case that is sealed, no canche fr it to burn through, but that would cost a heck of a lot of money., your best bet would be out doors, if you can. don't even put it in the garage. I don't speak out of experiance, but rather common knowledge. I must admˆt that Phreakish is being rather careless, and agree with Dave.
W'rkncacnter is offline Find More Posts by W'rkncacnter
Old Dec 02, 2003, 12:22 PM
United States, AR, Fayetteville
Joined Jan 2003
880 Posts
Dave at www.lightfligthrc.com carries power supplies. I think that it is $15-$16.

Jason
bugleboy is offline Find More Posts by bugleboy
Old Dec 02, 2003, 02:35 PM
It wasn't me...
Trabuco Canyon, CA
Joined Nov 2000
4,547 Posts
Re: Where to charge LiPoly?

Quote:
Originally posted by dpoles
Now where do you guys charge? I know the horror stories.
If you have a fireplace, why not charge them in there?

The fireplace has built-in smoke and heat exhaust. My fireplace has metal mesh screens and heat-tempered glass doors.

If there is a fire, the heat and smoke will go up the chimney and the mesh and glass doors will keep everything inside the fire chamber.

I personally go one step further and store my LIPOs in the fireplace.

Dan
DanSavage is offline Find More Posts by DanSavage