Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Oct 04, 2012, 08:47 PM
RC Addict
Oceanside, CA
Joined Oct 2009
28 Posts
Discussion
Vbar gov, Hobbywing sensor, common ground?

I am having some issues with 'rpm sensor' errors in my Vbar log. The Vbar gov seems to be working fine but I would like to get to the bottom of these consecutive rpm sensor errors.

Castle ICE HV at 4.02 firmware and using a Hobbywing sensor. I am using a Western Robotics Super BEC to power my electronics. Does this configuration require some sort of common ground. If so, could someone please explain what needs to be done? Thanks!
stevehof is offline Find More Posts by stevehof
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 06, 2012, 12:43 AM
Castle Support
USA, GA, Statesboro
Joined Oct 2007
949 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevehof View Post
I am having some issues with 'rpm sensor' errors in my Vbar log. The Vbar gov seems to be working fine but I would like to get to the bottom of these consecutive rpm sensor errors.

Castle ICE HV at 4.02 firmware and using a Hobbywing sensor. I am using a Western Robotics Super BEC to power my electronics. Does this configuration require some sort of common ground. If so, could someone please explain what needs to be done? Thanks!
Which Vbar are you using? Also I had an error so I isolate the sensor from the frames with double side tape ..

I hope this helps...
Clintstone is offline Find More Posts by Clintstone