Old Oct 04, 2012, 06:20 PM
P31
United States, WA, Spanaway
Joined Dec 2011
600 Posts
Trader Rating: 11
Discussion
Who does the leg work

I have a question, If I paid for an Item and havent received it in two weeks, and I do a report to PayPal, and the sender has Ins. and proof of shipment on the Item, and it's more than likely lost, who does the leg work on recovery of the claim. I just want my Item or my money back, I think the shipper should collect his money from the Ins. any comments.
Gary
P31 is offline Find More Posts by P31
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 04, 2012, 07:14 PM
United States, MD, Elkton
Joined Oct 2011
9,161 Posts
Trader Rating: 68
Where'd it go ?

Like it or not ,the shipper is responsible for getting your item to you.(I don't like it)

Let me explain-When I place an item on the scales at the US Post Office,and pay them money to deliver it, That's when I would like my responsibility to end....But it doesn't ....I am required to get it to you.

I have a tracking number and a receipt for shipping,and should also have a delivery confirmation slip.

I,the seller,am responsible to find out where it is,what happened to it,and either replace it,or give your money back. It's a rule to protect you,the buyer.
There's no reason you can't computer track the item with the number the seller gives you,and ask questions,but it's the seller's job,in the end.
epoxyearl is online now Find More Posts by epoxyearl
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Wheeling and dealing..
Old Oct 04, 2012, 07:18 PM
United States, NH, Suncook
Joined Oct 2010
542 Posts
Trader Rating: 149
if it wasn't delivered file a claim with paypal and your money will be refunded if it is lost the sender will have to deal with the insurance claim and will get the money back that way.
sagomon is online now Find More Posts by sagomon
Old Oct 04, 2012, 07:25 PM
P31
Joined Dec 2011
600 Posts
Thanks guy's thats what I told the fellow, he's upset I would be to, but thats what I had to do when I was in shipping.
Gary
Old Oct 04, 2012, 07:29 PM
Joined Oct 2011
9,161 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pamela31 View Post
Thanks guy's thats what I told the fellow, he's upset I would be to, but thats what I had to do when I was in shipping.
Gary
I will always take the loss,although I've never had to,but a couple of bucks for insurance is way better than the total price out of pocket in case of loss....
It's just good business sense to protect yourself.
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 04, 2012, 09:07 PM
-insert witty saying here-
United States, CT, Killingworth
Joined Dec 2005
1,916 Posts
Trader Rating: 234
What method did he send it by? Parcel Post can take up to 2~3 weeks.

No matter what, it's all on the seller until it hits your doorstep and no different than any other online retailer. If you order an z-widget from amazon/tower Hobbies / Best Buy / etc and it gets damaged in shipping, it's not your problem. The seller holds the contract with the shipping company, not the buyer, and it's their responsibility to replace the item or reimburse you for your purchase. It's also on them to file the claim with the shipping company.you might be required to supply pictures or make the package available for inspection, but don't ever think you need to take the lead on a claim. If you ever get the run around on this, just file a PP claim or a chargeback with your credit card - that'll get their attention right quick!
Hemikiller is online now Find More Posts by Hemikiller
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Hemikiller; Oct 04, 2012 at 10:03 PM.
Old Oct 04, 2012, 11:47 PM
P31
Joined Dec 2011
600 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemikiller View Post
What method did he send it by? Parcel Post can take up to 2~3 weeks.

No matter what, it's all on the seller until it hits your doorstep and no different than any other online retailer. If you order an z-widget from amazon/tower Hobbies / Best Buy / etc and it gets damaged in shipping, it's not your problem. The seller holds the contract with the shipping company, not the buyer, and it's their responsibility to replace the item or reimburse you for your purchase. It's also on them to file the claim with the shipping company.you might be required to supply pictures or make the package available for inspection, but don't ever think you need to take the lead on a claim. If you ever get the run around on this, just file a PP claim or a chargeback with your credit card - that'll get their attention right quick!
Thanks, Thats what I did.
Old Oct 05, 2012, 05:19 AM
Joined Oct 2011
9,161 Posts
By the way-

If you were to close this discussion right now,we could all say it was done perfectly..
No redfaced screaming,insults,false claims,etc.,just grown-ups discussing a problem and it's solution.

The OP is to be commended.I'm proud of us all !

You did the correct thing,and if the package is ever found,you can choose to take if you want.
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 05, 2012, 12:40 PM
Joined Sep 2012
35 Posts
Trader Rating: 0
Two weeks is a little premature to file a missing or non reciept of claim. It could very well still show up. I think paypal just might ask you to wait a little longer as well.

Or if the package shows up soon and he can prove it did they are going to come after you for the payment.
barrymore is offline Find More Posts by barrymore