HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 06, 2012, 01:40 PM
United States, IL, Joliet
Joined Jul 2011
2,138 Posts
I think flyzone hit a home run with that Beaver. I may get rid of my Cessna for it
JDMJim is offline Find More Posts by JDMJim
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 06, 2012, 10:47 PM
Yea, I fly dusty planes..
United States, LA, Angie
Joined Apr 2009
2,052 Posts
I'll let you know Tue. I'm going a mile up the road to a friends 5 acre pond to fly it along with him and his float equipped slow stick. You can fly your whole pattern over that pond with a cleared area with a big sandbar at one end that makes for perfect approaches. Water is like glass. Did ya know that God vacations in Mississippi? ...ZeeZee/Dave/////Oh I started this thread cause I went out and bought two planes, then the wing and now this..........
zeezee is offline Find More Posts by zeezee
Old Oct 10, 2012, 06:28 PM
United States, VA, Richmond
Joined Apr 2012
38 Posts
The Beave

I have been wanting to add a Beaver to my Hanger (That sounds dirty for some reason) and was looking at the CMP Version at NP which is now down to around $130 for the kit but comes with no motor, servos, etc.. Glad I waited as the new flyzone version looks great. I have two of their planes and I have been impressed with their quality. This one is now on my Christmas list...Look forward to some video on both runway and water landings...
Vern1960 is offline Find More Posts by Vern1960
Old Oct 10, 2012, 07:12 PM
United States, ID, Burley
Joined Mar 2012
3,299 Posts
so on the beaver you cannot use a Turnigy9X TX ?? Not familiar with this AnyLink SLT 2.4GHz Radio Adapter setup.
fastfwd is offline Find More Posts by fastfwd
Old Oct 10, 2012, 09:17 PM
Joined Jul 2011
2,138 Posts
just swap for your own rx....
Old Oct 11, 2012, 12:06 PM
United States, CA, Oceanside
Joined Apr 2011
4,886 Posts
Get the Rx-R Version and you can use any TX/RX combo you want.
chucksolo69 is offline Find More Posts by chucksolo69
Old Oct 11, 2012, 01:39 PM
Electric Coolhunter
United States, TX, Fort Worth
Joined Jun 2000
14,515 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksolo69 View Post
Get the Rx-R Version and you can use any TX/RX combo you want.
Still annoying that GP/Tower does not offer the Beaver in a PnP/RX-R version......you have to buy the RX whether you want it or not. The Beaver is actually a TX-R version.

Can be sold off, of course and then you can use your own TX/RX with a minimal cost penalty.

About the big Pitts....a guy at my club field flies one...looks to be pretty decent. I bet it would do better with a prop upgrade to a two blade APC E prop, plus a better spinner, setup for two blades. This guy has the other big Pitts as well, the Model 12 and the prop does not appear to be a perfect match on either of these models. The stock props can be very hard to find in stock at BH.

While the EPO looks good to start, the foam beads will swell up from exposure to sun/heat under any part of the foam that had a medium to dark color on it, so beware. The white areas usually do pretty good.
Thomas B is offline Find More Posts by Thomas B
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Thomas B; Oct 11, 2012 at 01:49 PM.
Old Oct 11, 2012, 02:26 PM
Dude, get me some ice cream!
United States, MA, Amherst
Joined Apr 2012
797 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vern1960 View Post
I have been wanting to add a Beaver to my Hanger (That sounds dirty for some reason) and was looking at the CMP Version at NP which is now down to around $130 for the kit but comes with no motor, servos, etc.. Glad I waited as the new flyzone version looks great. I have two of their planes and I have been impressed with their quality. This one is now on my Christmas list...Look forward to some video on both runway and water landings...
lol nice avatar....
Felt_ripper 23 is offline Find More Posts by Felt_ripper 23
Old Oct 19, 2012, 08:02 PM
SMASH AND DASH :)
United States, ME, Bangor
Joined Feb 2011
83 Posts
ok, I have a question on the binding process, My friend bought one of these and he has a dx6i But for the 6i do you HAVE to have the anylink? or can we just plug the bind plug in the reciever?
hobbiconexstar is offline Find More Posts by hobbiconexstar
Old Oct 19, 2012, 09:20 PM
Joined Jul 2011
2,138 Posts
must use anylink.....or put your own Spektrum rx in
Old Oct 20, 2012, 02:09 AM
Yea, I fly dusty planes..
United States, LA, Angie
Joined Apr 2009
2,052 Posts
sold mine after reading that the AnyLink limits me to a range of 1000'. I fly further out than that regularly. I go vertical with my H9 P-51 further than that. I'd lose it. My front driveway is a 1/3 of a mile.....Dave
zeezee is offline Find More Posts by zeezee
Old Oct 20, 2012, 09:23 AM
SMASH AND DASH :)
United States, ME, Bangor
Joined Feb 2011
83 Posts
ZeeZee what did u use for a rx if you dont use the anylink
hobbiconexstar is offline Find More Posts by hobbiconexstar
Old Oct 20, 2012, 09:29 AM
Joined Jul 2011
2,138 Posts