HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 04, 2012, 10:05 AM
Portland Oregon
Joined Aug 2006
4,859 Posts
Discussion
What is this tank ??

I have pick up this tank a few days ago .
I was thinking it was a german but I cant fine out for sure. Cant fine it on the net or much information ?
It is a HL also soft pellet shooter and RC.
So what did I pick up . With no markings cant realy be sure.?
IT Dose run nice.
Thanks DON Rustbucket.
Rustbucket is offline Find More Posts by Rustbucket
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 04, 2012, 10:23 AM
Joined Jun 2011
134 Posts
They call it a PANTIGER.

A panther top with a Tiger I bottom.

I gave mine away.

Bigjack
BigJack82 is offline Find More Posts by BigJack82
Old Oct 04, 2012, 10:38 AM
Portland Oregon
Joined Aug 2006
4,859 Posts
GOOD MORNING Jake . BY the way the use tanks are history.
I went back a few days and they were gone so during weeken they clean out .
OK NOW tell me was that a real tank or just someones idea or a just a toy.
Old Oct 04, 2012, 11:15 AM
Joined Jun 2011
134 Posts
I am pretty good with ID WWII tanks and this was never a real german tank. I guess it was a way for the manufacture to get rid of some extra parts. I did buy one, but I just scanned the picture that was posted on the net. When I go it I noticed the tank was to wide for a Panther tank and the barrel was not the right shape or length. I asked the same question and someone replied back calling it a PanTiger. So, I found one of my daugther's friends who had a son who was having a birthday soon and gave it to him for a present. He loves it. For those tanks thanks for the info. Just too far for me to do anything about it.

BigJack
Old Oct 04, 2012, 03:47 PM
Portland Oregon
Joined Aug 2006
4,859 Posts
HELLO and thank you > I was going to give it away myself to a good buddy of mind and tell him it was a large tiger NOW I am going to give him a 1.16 th panzer that I pick up from that shop that had the tanks but all of that is history untill I get some more news . For during the weeken they got rid of all of it ;-( and now I hear people are calling the shop ;-(( Don
Old Oct 05, 2012, 10:45 PM
Wilson
Peterborough Ontario Canada
Joined Feb 2008
221 Posts
The Pantiger was a sad attempt at making a Panther tank. I couldn't help but laugh when I first saw it back in 05 at the Toronto Hobby Show.
Me first tank was the Tiger l and 13 tanks and counting.

Johnny
R/CJohn is offline Find More Posts by R/CJohn
Old Oct 06, 2012, 01:56 AM
Portland Oregon
Joined Aug 2006
4,859 Posts
Ya I did some reading on the history of this tank. I have some future plans for it . I may try to turn into a panzer or a tiger . Right now I am in the process of scratching A -M-88 recuse tank.
Useing another a rolling track chassic.
Thanks DON
Last edited by Rustbucket; Oct 06, 2012 at 08:57 PM.
Old Oct 14, 2012, 10:25 PM
Portland Oregon
Joined Aug 2006
4,859 Posts
Well on that pan tank I gave it to some one that love it . I was happy to let him have it . HE has done alot for myself and my wife and he would not let us pay him for he has a very large RC dirt track and he has help us both in many ways . Never would except any payment and I show him my stuff and ask him if he like German tanks . Well I found out later he use to be around the real ones so he fell in love with it . IT did everything even a shooter of soft yellow pellets . HE like that one . SO it has a good home and I will see it when ever we go over to race on his track . Thanks for all of the information that everyone help me with. Don that Portland Rusbucket
Old Oct 15, 2012, 11:51 AM
Joined Jun 2011
134 Posts
It felt good to to something nice for someone. I felt the same way when I gave my PanTiger to a 10 year boy who is a friend of the family. He LOVED it. GOOD JOB Rustbucket!!!
Bigjack
Old Oct 16, 2012, 07:31 PM
Portland Oregon
Joined Aug 2006
4,859 Posts
I will agree with ya . Besides I have what I wanted . Just looking for the sherman but I am not sure if I will come close to one of those . They are not that many around and price is not cheap from what I have seen. Maybe some day.??
Old Oct 22, 2012, 12:24 PM
Joined Jun 2011
134 Posts
Rustbucket

Go to this web site, http://www.matomart.com/prodview.php?p=1142. They finally received 1/16 Sherman tanks. They are selling it for $349.00.

Maybe you will get you wish...

Bigjack
Old Oct 23, 2012, 10:40 AM
Portland Oregon
Joined Aug 2006
4,859 Posts
HELLO Jack Ya that would be nice but a little to rich for me . But I know as time goes on usely prices do come down or even go up . LIke I have allways done I will just sit back and wait for a deal to come my way. sooner or later . Thanks
Old Oct 23, 2012, 05:41 PM
Joined Jun 2011
134 Posts
It is a little too rich for me as well. I love to have a Sherman tank, but $350 not for me. If I find a cheeper Sherman I will drop you a line.

Talk to you later
Bigjack
Old Oct 23, 2012, 07:22 PM
Portland Oregon
Joined Aug 2006
4,859 Posts
Yup I have to agree with ya then on top of that price we have shipping . IT seems they never includ that one Ha ha. DON