HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 08, 2012, 07:02 PM
United States, WA, Bremerton
Joined May 2009
469 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SENTRY 62 View Post
I don't fly with autopilots - and I'll maintain that fact drives how hard I plan. I've seen "I'll just engage RTH" posted so many times that I'm sick of it. Having no RTH drives EVERYTHING else that I do. From choosing my flying sites - the missions I wanna do - how I build a harness - everything. I know that I get 1 shot when I push hard - so I think my rigs are just that much better knowing this fact.

But if you want an AP go for it - I've seen some good examples of them working well - just not my cup of tea. Nothing flies my planes but me.
I'm still of that mindset as well Sentry - I've seen 2 positive returns, and I've seen 3 RTH's kick in within 1 block and drive the plane into the ground.
If I'm gonna crash it's gonna be MY doing....

Dr Patso - see my post on the lab, that plane is repairable if you have the patience (and patients?) - really just 4 parts gorilla glue and 1 part elmers glue to fill that nose in - go see my Zephyr repair thread ....it wont' be perfect but it'll be CLOSE to perfect...amazing what a dremmel tool can do to the foam once you carve it down close.

And this plane *is* structurally sound, my neighbor and I both put some pressure on this wing to make sure of that.

ScottTurchin is offline Find More Posts by ScottTurchin
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 09, 2012, 12:33 AM
aka Helidaho
United States, ID, Boise
Joined Jun 2010
2,712 Posts
I just read through this thread, what an incredible journey... I can NOT believe you found the plane, especially without a ground recording. Give me a call next time, I would have been up for the adventure! Maybe even use my quad to search... hehe Of course with my luck I would crash and we would have to search for it too

Impressive Maps Skills by Sentry, WOW!

I know with my last FPV crash I nearly quit the hobby but have since kept going. I hope you don't quit as you always have GREAT videos!
AeroVideoUS is offline Find More Posts by AeroVideoUS
Old Oct 09, 2012, 01:14 PM
N00b
Boise
Joined Mar 2009
974 Posts
I thought about you Paul, but that's exactly what went through my head.. now we have to find a quad and a plane... I'd feel so bad....

Thanks for the encouragement. I plan on getting back into it.. I have another expensive hobby to attend to, this month. Luckily I don't fly guitars and guitar amps around in the mountains though so it's a little cheaper.
dr_patso is offline Find More Posts by dr_patso
Old Oct 09, 2012, 01:39 PM
United States, AK, Anchorage
Joined Aug 2012
14 Posts
Glad you found your plane, man.. Hopefully the squirrels didnt chew it up too bad.
andromax is offline Find More Posts by andromax
Old Oct 09, 2012, 01:39 PM
I LIKE WAFFLES....
Powder Springs, GA
Joined Sep 2010
2,452 Posts
^ You're a musician? Likewise (bass / drums / guitar / sax / keys / vocals )
SENTRY 62 is offline Find More Posts by SENTRY 62
Old Oct 09, 2012, 01:59 PM
N00b
Boise
Joined Mar 2009
974 Posts
ah no way Sentry! i wonder how many FPV guys are musicians too... a little off topic I guess although it explains why i won't replace some FPV gear for a bit...... I play really crappy "music" to most people =).

bass in hummingbird of death - fastcore/power violence
guitar in jump jets - instrumental
guitar in a new band called balderdash - punk/hard core (100 other bands have this name, we just don't care because they all suck just as bad)

I'm a huge Propagandhi fan, (their new album failed states was somewhere around 109 on the charts recently) might go to Canada in December to see them for the 3rd time in my life.
Old Oct 09, 2012, 02:42 PM
United States, PA, Norristown
Joined May 2012
638 Posts
Man I'm glad you found the plane, I was reading this post with great interest... I actually was considering making the trip from philly with my skywalker(zoom cam) and quads to help find it.

p.s. I play violin/piano
Jengaleng is offline Find More Posts by Jengaleng
Old Oct 09, 2012, 11:52 PM
aka Helidaho
United States, ID, Boise
Joined Jun 2010
2,712 Posts
I can barely play the stereo... guess that explains my piloting!
AeroVideoUS is offline Find More Posts by AeroVideoUS
Old Oct 10, 2012, 01:32 AM
Crashomatic
United States, CA, SF
Joined May 2010
2,053 Posts
spose proper failsafe would have been good here too
CrashMeUp is offline Find More Posts by CrashMeUp
Old Oct 10, 2012, 01:35 AM
Team White Llama!
Joined Jan 2008
8,144 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dr_patso View Post
ah no way Sentry! i wonder how many FPV guys are musicians too... a little off topic I guess although it explains why i won't replace some FPV gear for a bit...... I play really crappy "music" to most people =).

bass in hummingbird of death - fastcore/power violence
guitar in jump jets - instrumental
guitar in a new band called balderdash - punk/hard core (100 other bands have this name, we just don't care because they all suck just as bad)

I'm a huge Propagandhi fan, (their new album failed states was somewhere around 109 on the charts recently) might go to Canada in December to see them for the 3rd time in my life.

I did the flying, and the playing and recording of this

HTFPV flips with KK board. (0 min 43 sec)
gundamnitpete is offline Find More Posts by gundamnitpete
Old Oct 10, 2012, 01:45 AM
Picture a worm wearing goggles
United States, CA, Roseville
Joined Feb 2012
1,910 Posts
Nice video but I have to ask... is it really that easy... I mean reaalllyyyy?
snipeworm is offline Find More Posts by snipeworm
Old Oct 10, 2012, 01:49 AM
Team White Llama!
Joined Jan 2008
8,144 Posts
KK board on HTFPV is not easy.
gundamnitpete is offline Find More Posts by gundamnitpete
Old Oct 10, 2012, 01:58 AM
N00b
Boise
Joined Mar 2009
974 Posts
haha nice pete.. arpeggios from hell. I heard about someone doing this. maybe it was you..

Anyway, I just want to say thanks to everyone it really means a lot, typing this out doesn't feel like enough....I'm so gun damn stoked about my new found motivation to keep at this hobby. . in the next few days i will start tearing down my Z II and attempting a repair... in the next couple months i hope start replacing my ezuhf and vtx etc.
Old Oct 10, 2012, 02:10 AM
Picture a worm wearing goggles
United States, CA, Roseville
Joined Feb 2012
1,910 Posts
Awesome! I am glad to here that! By the way your video prompted me to make my first edited rc plane video. Your journey to find your lost plane reminded me of my dear Jenny...

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=4555
snipeworm is offline Find More Posts by snipeworm
Last edited by snipeworm; Oct 10, 2012 at 02:17 AM.