SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Oct 03, 2012, 09:37 PM
bleisch43
Joined Oct 2012
15 Posts
Discussion
heli repairs

new to 6 chanel heli . does anybody know anyone that repairs helis..its a rcx450 cf same as storm 450 cf... any help would be greatly apreceated....
bleisch43 is offline Find More Posts by bleisch43
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 03, 2012, 10:01 PM
Joined Sep 2012
392 Posts
I'm new to helis myself, but knowing cars and planes, you really want to repair it yourself.

First, you'll learn the mechanics of your beast, that lets you: set it up better, pick up when things go wrong, general maintenance, and know how to upgrade it should you want to. Finally, it costs nothing.

Getting your heli repaired costs money, and there is no way to tell if they did a good job. Essentially, if it crashes again after they've 'fixed' it, I doubt they'd be liable for anything, and you'd be back to square 1 with less money than when you started.

Get a manual, take it apart, and figure out which parts you need. Order them and you're on your way.
Znybar is offline Find More Posts by Znybar
Old Oct 03, 2012, 10:06 PM
bleisch43
Joined Oct 2012
15 Posts
thanks for your reply. very mechanicaly inclined. worked on many 4 chanel helis. just dont know how to set the pitch on blades and flybar paddels.
Old Oct 04, 2012, 12:29 AM
Joined Sep 2012
392 Posts
Google is your friend, there are plenty of flybar setup tutorials online
Znybar is offline Find More Posts by Znybar
Old Oct 04, 2012, 01:49 AM
Philippines, Calabarzon, San Pedro
Joined Jul 2012
4,470 Posts
DX6i & CCPM Full Setup Guide Part 5 Blade Pitch, Final Link Setup (14 min 44 sec)

This is a good one.
Hajile is offline Find More Posts by Hajile
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 04, 2012, 03:30 AM
Hong Kong
Joined Jan 2010
6,318 Posts
Your best bet is your local hobby shop, especially one that sells Align products. However, labor costs may be very expensive depending on where you are. My labor cost normally come to less than US$50 in Hong Kong for a major crash.
zadaw is offline Find More Posts by zadaw
Old Oct 04, 2012, 10:49 PM
bleisch43
Joined Oct 2012
15 Posts
thnx for your help greatly appreceiated
Old Oct 06, 2012, 01:44 AM
USA, WA, Bremerton
Joined Feb 2007
852 Posts
Learn to fix it yourself. It's not hard, just takes time online and on your workbench. Until you know how they work and you can rebuild, adjust and fly them, you will never be able to really fly and enjoy copters. IMO.
Blade Crasher is offline Find More Posts by Blade Crasher
Old Oct 07, 2012, 04:22 AM
mutski
United States, AK
Joined Jan 2011
1,187 Posts
Check the Finless Bob videos - everything you need to know to set up your heli!
http://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=41692
mutski is offline Find More Posts by mutski
Old Oct 18, 2012, 03:23 PM
Joined Oct 2012
11 Posts
RC Helicopter repair

Hey Helimainiacs,
Fixing and setting up your own RC helicopter is one of the best parts of this great hobby. But, so it flying, and some people do not have unlimited time or patience to do all the repairs themselves. Sure there are some local hobby shops and places you might be able to take your bird, but in all honesty, they usually only do repairs on helis that they have sold. I am professional RC tech for helis and that is why I know. I just opened my own rc heli repair service online and everything is done through the mail. Check me out, I also have my own CNC shop on premiss and we design and build custom upgrades to our favorite helis. Give us a visit and ask anything you wish. We don't have an attitude and love all RC's.

rchelicopterrepairservice.com
skullywack is offline Find More Posts by skullywack
Old Oct 20, 2012, 12:36 PM
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
8,460 Posts
I am sure there are people who can repair heli just fine. We have local H/S and guy builds birds for locals. Within days helis are back in pieces. His own fleet sits in basket. Yes pilots crash them, but even his are basket cases. So maybe set-up is fubar. If you want Helis for a hobby start simple and learn repair. Find local flyers and get input. Watch for someone who brings his birds back in one flyable piece. Set-up on a 450 bird is very important.
dankar04 is offline Find More Posts by dankar04
Old Oct 22, 2012, 05:18 PM
Joined Aug 2012
72 Posts
The best answer to this post is with out doubt Zynbar....true and to the point...nothing will give you greater satisfaction than being able to repair your crashed heli...I have taught my son so much about just that...and your local hobby shop can be a great help but they are driven by profit and you have to find one that carries you heli's parts. Sorry to those good guys in the local shops who love to really help those who they sell to....actually that is what has kept me in the RC hobby the memory of the guys who pointed me in the right directions when I was the new guy...few and far no a days! But now there is a world of info on the net ...google and youtube is really a great tool in the growth of RC. Just google your model...info will come up the same for youtube.....good luck and dont give up.

hey and again say thank you to Zynbar.....
cantyman is offline Find More Posts by cantyman