HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 03, 2012, 03:21 AM
Scale Modeler
Canada, ON, Mississauga
Joined Feb 2006
2,009 Posts
Subbed!!!, Awesome build Kev, for a very long time I wanted to see plans and a build from "bylouddesign", now it's finally happening. I'm just about completing my Super Constellation at 1:14th scale, been long 6 years scratch built project with more then 12000 hrs into it!.....
Concordefan is offline Find More Posts by Concordefan
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 10, 2012, 04:28 PM
Madison, WI
Joined Feb 2004
892 Posts
Subscribed
Fast Freddy is offline Find More Posts by Fast Freddy
Old Nov 11, 2012, 04:00 AM
ScaleAir Commander
Switzerland, BE, Hilterfingen
Joined Nov 2012
2 Posts
Subscribed too!
Please show more pics of this great kit
jahna is offline Find More Posts by jahna
Old Nov 13, 2012, 02:46 PM
Australia
Joined Nov 2011
134 Posts
Hi Jahna,

Will try to get some more pictures up soon. Have been smashed at work and building has had to take a back seat for the last couple of weeks. Hopefully things will calm down again and i can get some good time in the shed.

I have been told that the hardware kit for the Orion is on its way so hopefully that comes soon as well as i need it for the construction of the horizontal and vertical stab. Have also put an order in for some 1/8th square carbon fiber for the horizontal and vertical stab as well so when all of this stuff gets here we will be in business again.
Kevc is offline Find More Posts by Kevc
Old Nov 22, 2012, 03:03 PM
Australia
Joined Nov 2011
134 Posts
After a very busy couple of weeks i have been able to sneak in a couple of hours every night for the last couple and starting to see some results. All i can say is i wish i could spend a couple of days in the shed just building to catch up. I have order the hardware kit for the P-3 so hopefully that isnt to far away and also ordered some other stuf that i need like carbon square and some other stuff so hopefully thats not to far away. So i have been building the horizontal stab the last few days so thought i would jump on here and share a couple of the pictures. Again in the shed try to look past the mess id just rather be building than cleaning it up haha.
Old Nov 22, 2012, 03:36 PM
Dr John
Lake Placid, Florida
Joined Dec 2001
2,712 Posts
Cleaning up is something you only do when you can't find something you know is in there or you need more building space.

Dr John
pmpjohn is offline Find More Posts by pmpjohn
Old Nov 22, 2012, 06:24 PM
Australia
Joined Nov 2011
134 Posts
Well luckly i know where everything is. Ok well most things The only issue is that i cannot put the entire plane together in the garage so hence all the full plane shots are outside haha. Maybe i need a bigger garage
Old Nov 23, 2012, 01:54 AM
ScaleAir Commander
Switzerland, BE, Hilterfingen
Joined Nov 2012
2 Posts
As you wont need your livinig room while building the plane eigther you should change it with the Garage and you are lucky again.....LOL!
jahna is offline Find More Posts by jahna
Old Nov 23, 2012, 12:17 PM
Mount Juliet, TN
Joined Feb 2008
453 Posts
Looking very nice. Great work!
ska2000 is offline Find More Posts by ska2000
Old Nov 27, 2012, 03:06 PM
Australia
Joined Nov 2011
134 Posts
Was a good night last night was out in the garage for a couple of hours and got some real progress done. Have spend a couple of nights earlier this week joining 1/4 square and 1/8square for stringers. Man this plane is chewing through some wood So last night got all of the front stringers on so just the windscreen to go on the front section of the plane and its ready for sheeting. Unfortunately my Carbon order hasnt come yet so cant do any more work on the back of the fuz. So Wings here we come. Will hopefully have some photos up tonight of the front once i download my camera.

happy landings

Kev
Old Nov 28, 2012, 12:51 AM
Australia
Joined Nov 2011
134 Posts
Hey again. Have downloaded some of the photos off my camera and here they are.

Got the dog checking out what the hell ive been up to. I think she thinks its like a new house for her. She has watched most of the building happen so far haha.

As you can see i have painted the grey of the interior of the cockpit and done some stringers. Trying to work out the best way to make the bomb bay doors work. Anyone done it successfully before?? im all ears. photos would be great to.

Started thinking about motors today and what im going to run. Would be great to have 4 blade props. Anyone know wherey ou can get pusher and tractor 4 blade props from?

Have fun

Kev
Old Nov 28, 2012, 01:22 AM
Liverpool, England
Joined Jan 2005
1,148 Posts
Hi Kev, wonderful build coming along very nicely, love the dog, my dog also sits in the garage watching me intently, think she is s resurected modeller!

Not sure what size 4 blades you are after but Biele do some and they are gorgeous props - http://pp-rc.de/SHOP/esmigla.htm

Ken
heli_madken is online now Find More Posts by heli_madken
Old Nov 28, 2012, 06:01 AM
Australia
Joined Nov 2011
134 Posts
Hi Ken,

Thanks for the link. Some of those props look great. Unfortunately they didn't have any 4 blade pusher props. Had a few 3 blade ones. Maybe I could do 2 blade for flying and 4 blade static I have used the APC 4blade in one plane with the motors I'm considering with great results. it's the Motrolfly 5320 330kv with the apc 4 blade puts out about 7kgs on 7 cells but apc don't do pushers wish they did would use them in an instant. 4 of the 5320 motors might be too much power 4 x 7kgs part pylon racer haha. I guess power is always your friend and as some people say that's what throttle is for

Should sit down and work out a target weight at some stage. Maybe that's a good job for the weekend.

Anyone have any idea what this sort of plane should weigh?

Kev
Old Nov 28, 2012, 06:11 AM
Dr John
Lake Placid, Florida
Joined Dec 2001
2,712 Posts
Pushers ?????

Dr John
pmpjohn is offline Find More Posts by pmpjohn
Old Nov 28, 2012, 06:38 AM
Australia
Joined Nov 2011
134 Posts
Hi Dr John,

Well left spinners not sure what else to call them.