HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 19, 2012, 11:42 AM
Fly it, edit it, post it.
Joined Dec 2011
356 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDSURFnGLIDE View Post
@kloner...

If you have some of those side mount sma connectors...i will take one....I'm not even sure where i would find them...maybe that specialty cable shop next to the hobby shop in Kearney mesa?....but I'm sure they are over priced there....

Let me know...i might need help soldering it back on and i may even enlist your help makinga new ....antenna.
If Kloner does not have them for you, Most Radio Shack's stock them:
http://www.radioshack.com/product/in...ductId=3150589

Fry's usually stocks them too....

Online: Mouser
http://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/...VIpRHUtp4dk%3d

Online: Digikey
http://www.digikey.com/product-detai...SMD-ND/1577203
tregtronics is offline Find More Posts by tregtronics
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 19, 2012, 11:48 AM
Multi rotors=No Paycheck left
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Apr 2011
3,452 Posts
Thanks Treggon....on a side note...i sold my extra naza fc to motostein last night! Now i have some $$ to spend on goodies!.....
SDSURFnGLIDE is offline Find More Posts by SDSURFnGLIDE
Old Nov 19, 2012, 11:50 AM
Joined Dec 2011
356 Posts
Otto and I are going to check out Poway today at 1pm:
http://lakepowayskimmers.org/
I'm bringing my FPV W. So is he I think.
Old Nov 19, 2012, 11:52 AM
Joined Apr 2011
3,452 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tregtronics View Post
Otto and I are going to check out Poway today at 1pm:
http://lakepowayskimmers.org/
I'm bringing my FPV W. So is he I think.
Fun! I've always wanted to fly at lake poway....
Old Nov 19, 2012, 02:21 PM
Joined Aug 2011
2,818 Posts
Yep... W, SeaDart, Kaos w/floats and Mini SeaDart.
Otto Dieffenbach is offline Find More Posts by Otto Dieffenbach
Old Nov 19, 2012, 04:21 PM
UAS Pilot/Tech Instructor
Joined Apr 2000
1,540 Posts
Wow... I leave for a couple days and this thread blows by four pages, you guys move quick....

Sorry for the rehash but TREG and KLONER. I would love to get out and fly with you guys so thanks for the invite. Right now I'm just trying to get stuff ready to have something to fly. My quad stuff from Hobby City should be here tomorrow but Thanksgiving is getting in the way for flying this weekend.

On another note; I hear you guys talking about Sorrento Valley. I work in Mira Mesa and have driven Sorrento Valley Road often. I always wondered about all that open airspace so I'm not surprised you guys are flying there however, not sure exactly where. Is there an "established" field there? Can you fly gas there? I used to live in Vista and really miss the old Bonsall field.

Quote:
Originally Posted by typicalaimster View Post
Just keep in mind it'll go to a more disciplined flight of the platform and a more nondescript way of breaking it. Navmar offered me a job, I respectfully declined. My dad was a test pilot for ACR which is now rolled into BAE. He had the joy of flying the Silverfox and had a few flights on the Manta.
Yep.... Flying a lumbering pig in circles for hrs on end, or standing on the edge of a flight line freezing your hiney off at 1:00 in the morning while some student is attempting a night landing, or standing around in 130+ heat of the ElCentro desert while a software guy troubleshoots some little doo-dad......fun,fun,fun.

Navmar is not always a good fit for some but its working for me, NOT the Yuma group though. When I had a chance to come to the San Diego group the door is probably still swinging on its hinges from where I blasted through it and hit the road.

Silverfoxes...... ooff-da, talk about crash landing. Those poor little ba$+ard birds never walk away unscathed.

Mike
CryHavoc is online now Find More Posts by CryHavoc
Old Nov 19, 2012, 04:59 PM
Joined Apr 2011
3,452 Posts
Hey mike...at Sorrento its not really an airfield....its just a running trail that just so happens to have a great place to fly...although it looks like it used to be an established place....according to Treggon it was a big glider area back in the day....you can still see the remnants of the landing carpets....

I'm not sure if it would be a good idea to fly a gasser there though....great place to fly a quad though!...if you watch the video i just posted you can get a good idea of the flying area...
Old Nov 19, 2012, 05:18 PM
Joined Apr 2000
1,540 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDSURFnGLIDE View Post
Hey mike...at Sorrento its not really an airfield....its just a running trail that just so happens to have a great place to fly...although it looks like it used to be an established place....according to Treggon it was a big glider area back in the day....you can still see the remnants of the landing carpets....

I'm not sure if it would be a good idea to fly a gasser there though....great place to fly a quad though!...if you watch the video i just posted you can get a good idea of the flying area...
Fair enough, I'll charge some batteries for some smaller e-planks and get a quad going soon.

Thanks,
Mike
Old Nov 19, 2012, 05:24 PM
Joined Apr 2011
3,452 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CryHavoc View Post
Fair enough, I'll charge some batteries for some smaller e-planks and get a quad going soon.

Thanks,
Mike
Cool! Come on out when you are ready to fly....
Old Nov 19, 2012, 11:18 PM
Joined Aug 2011
2,818 Posts
Treggon and I flew with the Poway Skimmers today

Great location. Poway Lake.

FPV Mega Minor Capricorn flying with the Lake Poway Skimmers by Otto Dieffenbach (1 min 58 sec)
Otto Dieffenbach is offline Find More Posts by Otto Dieffenbach
Old Nov 19, 2012, 11:43 PM
Joined Apr 2011
3,452 Posts
Uh ohhh....

Look what I'm building!

Recycling my Y6 and making a H-copter....gonna put my kk2 board on it...nice and simple...should have it up and running in a couple days...
Last edited by SDSURFnGLIDE; Nov 20, 2012 at 09:35 AM.
Old Nov 20, 2012, 06:47 AM
Joined Dec 2011
356 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Otto Dieffenbach View Post
Cool video man, looks like you got your editor figured out! I think we shook up the status quo at the skimmer club Otto, that was fun. I'll get my soda bottles fixed, and Green Hornet will be riding the waves again.
Old Nov 20, 2012, 09:33 AM
Joined Apr 2000
1,540 Posts
Hey there's a new challenge..... Auto landing on the lake! better use a foamy. Actually,..... Hmmm.

I heard that lake was saltwater?

Mike
Old Nov 20, 2012, 10:57 AM
Aerial DP
United States, CA, Lakeside
Joined Apr 2010
912 Posts
poway? the one they fill with rainbow trout? the resirvor?,,,, na, no salt. salton sea and the colorado river are the only bodies of water short of the lagoons along the coast that are salt water inland from the ocean
Kloner is offline Find More Posts by Kloner
Old Nov 20, 2012, 12:04 PM
Joined Apr 2000
1,540 Posts
Where can I get hardware to mount the boards and such? I see stand offs in the pictures and ordered some plastic ones from Hobby City but the nuts strip and even the hint of being tight.Just wondering how you guys are doing it.

Mike