HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 15, 2012, 08:06 PM
Money Shot
United States, CA, Lakeside
Joined Apr 2010
904 Posts
i'm stuck at home with an infection so we'll be around for the holidays. probably run into ya somewhere. my hex should fly tomorrow and the x8 is right behind it.....
Kloner is offline Find More Posts by Kloner
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 15, 2012, 08:34 PM
Multi rotors=No Paycheck left
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Apr 2011
3,349 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kloner View Post
i'm stuck at home with an infection so we'll be around for the holidays. probably run into ya somewhere. my hex should fly tomorrow and the x8 is right behind it.....
dude...that sux..im finally getting over my cold that ive had for the past 2 weeks...although im pretty sure i have an ear infection now...actually have a doc appt the day after turkey day....go figure.
SDSURFnGLIDE is offline Find More Posts by SDSURFnGLIDE
Old Nov 15, 2012, 09:10 PM
Money Shot
Joined Apr 2010
904 Posts
yea, i grabbed something out of the water on a sore on my ankle that grew...... got it labor day out of the river somewhere, but the pills aint been working so now i'm worried to go to far. If any of ya see me flopping around just call the medics and tell em he said something about an infection...... seriously. The antibiotics got me all jacked up, on three kinds at once now.....
Old Nov 15, 2012, 09:25 PM
It's all fun till Crunch!
InSane Diego
Joined Jan 2002
1,948 Posts
Gads Kloner, that really sucks, but if the antibotics don't work I know a Japanese Lady that can do amazing things!

Get well soon,
Crunch
Capt. Crunch is offline Find More Posts by Capt. Crunch
Old Nov 15, 2012, 09:30 PM
Joined Apr 2011
3,349 Posts
Ok that really sux dude...well hopefully all ends well....drugs these days are pretty good...
Old Nov 15, 2012, 10:22 PM
Money Shot
Joined Apr 2010
904 Posts
Hey, if that's got a happy ending you might have a player. hahaha

I'm just stoked it aint mrsa, again, but i aint beat it yet.

I'm a poster child for why your kid shouldn't ride a street bike. 11 surgeries, 4 years in a wheel chair. permanently disabled all for a crash in second gear. I never went to the doctor for 30 years, then this and i live out of a hospital. know all the phone numbers to get decent food at sharp, kaiser, etc. it's a game changer and tends to have some sort of side affect once a year. From limping around on one foot, i threw my back out today. The gift that keeps on giving
Last edited by Kloner; Nov 15, 2012 at 10:28 PM.
Old Nov 15, 2012, 10:34 PM
Joined Apr 2011
3,349 Posts
I feel you on the hospital stuff...i practically lived there from age 7 to 15...i had a pre luekimia blood disorder...poster child for the blood bank
Old Nov 16, 2012, 12:00 AM
Joined Jan 2005
5,208 Posts
Blah moving the APM over to the quad copter for the weekend. Good thing I backed up the config file and could restore it rather quickly. Here's a test flight using nothing but a joystick to control the quad..

APM Joystick Testing (1 min 5 sec)
typicalaimster is offline Find More Posts by typicalaimster
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: I was bored
Old Nov 16, 2012, 12:29 AM
It's all fun till Crunch!
InSane Diego
Joined Jan 2002
1,948 Posts
Kyle,
If you were in Rady Children's hosp, you must have met my sis, Dr. Carolyn Walker RN, she specializes in Pedatric Oncology.

Yup, you & Kloner shure could be Poster Children for some bad stuff.

Now it's get well & stay well time,

Now, now Kloner, she's holistic healer, herbs & teas to heal ya, no hanky panky, OK?

Cruncher
Capt. Crunch is offline Find More Posts by Capt. Crunch
Old Nov 16, 2012, 08:37 AM
Money Shot
Joined Apr 2010
904 Posts
damit....... no "love you long time"......
Old Nov 16, 2012, 09:42 AM
Joined Apr 2011
3,349 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. Crunch View Post
Kyle,
If you were in Rady Children's hosp, you must have met my sis, Dr. Carolyn Walker RN, she specializes in Pedatric Oncology.

Yup, you & Kloner shure could be Poster Children for some bad stuff.

Now it's get well & stay well time,

Now, now Kloner, she's holistic healer, herbs & teas to heal ya, no hanky panky, OK?

Cruncher
I was actually a Kaiser kid...so i wouldn't have known her...but that's cool that she works in oncology...very familiar with those types of docs....

Anyways...that's enough about that...haha...back to airplane...multirotor and fpv stuff!
Old Nov 16, 2012, 12:04 PM
Joined Apr 2011
3,349 Posts
Ok...so I'm going to wait on the long range setup for a bit...so indecisive! Haha...BUT i ordered some new motors and simonk esc's to up grade my fpv quad!....i haven't ordered anything new in a long time...felt good...haha...planning on transferring the current motor esc's to another buildi want to do...want to make a ufo to fly at night and freak everyone out! Its gonna be all decked out with lights and stuff...should be fun...just some home depot ply and Basswood arms...then get some dollar tree foam to wrap around it...
Old Nov 16, 2012, 12:08 PM
Money Shot
Joined Apr 2010
904 Posts
anybody going to weedwhackers fun fly tomorrow. We should all show up, outnumber em
Old Nov 16, 2012, 12:11 PM
Joined Jan 2005
5,208 Posts
Just the LED lights on a model will make people think it's a UFO. Just search for Chantilly, Va UFO Fox News and you'll find a great example. I've found home depot is a great place for hardwood arms used on a quad. Used along with other hardware, screws, and brackets from Home Depot you can build a frame for as little as $25.

I'm actually thinking about putting some LED's on my H-Quad so I can fly it at night. This dark at 5pm is KILLING me! DST should be abolished!
typicalaimster is offline Find More Posts by typicalaimster
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: I was bored
Old Nov 16, 2012, 12:20 PM
Joined Apr 2011
3,349 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kloner View Post
anybody going to weedwhackers fun fly tomorrow. We should all show up, outnumber em
Where is that at?