SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Nov 13, 2012, 02:37 PM
Aerial DP
United States, CA, Lakeside
Joined Apr 2010
912 Posts
what is the bolt pattern for your motors?

usually it's 16x19 (22mm stator) or 19x25 (28mm stator)

I use 2814 motors and if you ever wanted to fff, that would be the ones you want....... 2216 and 2217 work too, but vibes are harder to tame, and there only a 225 watt motor. the 28mm stuff is usually 350-400 watts. makes em fly flat in the wind no matter how hard you push it

My arms are drilled 16x19 and i just use 2 bolts cause the motors are 19x25, always have and always will on my discos

these are good
http://www.altitudehobbies.com/brush...icopter-motors

so are these
http://www.altitudehobbies.com/brush...ter-esc-simonk

Kloner is offline Find More Posts by Kloner
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 13, 2012, 02:49 PM
Multi rotors=No Paycheck left
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Apr 2011
3,441 Posts
Thanks kloner...i will check those out...i see you are using the ipower motors in your pics...i have those on my y6 and they are awesome motors...a little heavy though...just over 100g each i think...but for a hexa or octo...they are great...

Do you think the 750 Kv would give me good fff on my quad? My 2212's that I'm running now are 850
SDSURFnGLIDE is offline Find More Posts by SDSURFnGLIDE
Old Nov 13, 2012, 02:55 PM
Joined Apr 2011
3,441 Posts
I was looking at these from rctimer...

Motor size: Ф28*30mm Shaft size: Ф3.17*45mm Weight: 52g KV(rpm/v): 1000 Max Power: 210W Battery: 2-4Li-Po Test Prop: 10x7/8x4 Ri(M Ω): 0.127 ESC(A): 30A
Old Nov 13, 2012, 03:11 PM
Aerial DP
Joined Apr 2010
912 Posts
when a motor is double the power, the weight doesn't mater. if you wanted less, this is the same thing with a phone number to call and a few day delivery

http://www.altitudehobbies.com/ipowe...ti-rotor-motor

out of stock at the moment. gothelirc also carries them...... RTRyder over at multirotors runs that 2217 in a discovery and calls it his best build ever, and he has cinestars, & the like.

But he's limited in speed because of it. I've ran a eagle tree logger in mine and clocked it 62 mph gps with no wind.......

http://www.altitudehobbies.com/brush...v-suppo-2814-8

but they don't come with the prop adapters,,,,,, but are smokin motors. You seen em go (look at the videos at the bottom of the page)
Old Nov 13, 2012, 03:19 PM
Aerial DP
Joined Apr 2010
912 Posts
the 2830 designation is a 2216 motor how we call em numbered by stator, not outside dimension

Trappy was selling those for discoveries then pulled the plug on em in less than a month from so many problems,,,,, mostly vibration related but some motors just didn't perform like others in the same batch
Old Nov 13, 2012, 03:43 PM
Joined Jan 2012
120 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDSURFnGLIDE View Post
I was looking at these from rctimer...

Motor size: Ф28*30mm Shaft size: Ф3.17*45mm Weight: 52g KV(rpm/v): 1000 Max Power: 210W Battery: 2-4Li-Po Test Prop: 10x7/8x4 Ri(M Ω): 0.127 ESC(A): 30A
I have these on my tricopter and am satisfied with them. no vibe problems.

I've had no problems with RCtimer shipping. usually 6-10 days.
nieder2 is offline Find More Posts by nieder2
Old Nov 13, 2012, 03:48 PM
Aerial DP
Joined Apr 2010
912 Posts
hows the gopro footage?
Old Nov 13, 2012, 04:26 PM
Joined Jan 2005
5,357 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nieder2 View Post
I've had no problems with RCtimer shipping. usually 6-10 days.
I just ordered from RCTimer on the 9th, the order shipped on the 10th. Now it's about waiting. Just don't fall for the 'air' shipping is the best advice I can give to anyone shipping from HK. Either way it's going to get stuck somewhere in customs until it's released. My order from Hobby King was caught up in Sandy and didn't arrive until 2 weeks later.
typicalaimster is offline Find More Posts by typicalaimster
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: I was bored
Old Nov 13, 2012, 04:30 PM
Aerial DP
Joined Apr 2010
912 Posts
with no storms at all i've waited twice to where i was filing claims with paypal cause the 45 day window was closing on me, but they always showed up. They'd get stuck in customs

other times i've got my stuff in a week or two.... unreliable, foxtech only offers ems and it takes 6-10 days everytime. My last one was here in 4 days from hobbyking using ems, 80 feet of silicone wire
Old Nov 13, 2012, 05:12 PM
Fly it, edit it, post it.
Joined Dec 2011
356 Posts
3DR... I just went down there to have them test my board, and the whole company was playing Black Ops II.... classic. They tested my 2.5 APM board and agreed that it was DOA, and gave me a new one. They get my thumbs up, and are in town.

They had a couple of smart girls working there that knew their firmware, thank god, because I don't think I would have gotten any attention from the entire male staff playing COD.
tregtronics is offline Find More Posts by tregtronics
Old Nov 13, 2012, 05:15 PM
Joined Jan 2005
5,357 Posts
Let's not forget a few of those girls are quite attractive. Good to hear they helped you out and gave you a new board.
typicalaimster is offline Find More Posts by typicalaimster
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: I was bored
Old Nov 13, 2012, 07:42 PM
Joined Apr 2012
752 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kloner View Post
when a motor is double the power, the weight doesn't mater. if you wanted less, this is the same thing with a phone number to call and a few day delivery

http://www.altitudehobbies.com/ipowe...ti-rotor-motor

out of stock at the moment. gothelirc also carries them...... RTRyder over at multirotors runs that 2217 in a discovery and calls it his best build ever, and he has cinestars, & the like.

But he's limited in speed because of it. I've ran a eagle tree logger in mine and clocked it 62 mph gps with no wind.......

http://www.altitudehobbies.com/brush...v-suppo-2814-8

but they don't come with the prop adapters,,,,,, but are smokin motors. You seen em go (look at the videos at the bottom of the page)

I got the 2217's as well. They seem to be of the same build quality as my Avrotos (tiger motor, etc). It will be going on my TBS whenever the heck that arrives
jcmonty is offline Find More Posts by jcmonty
Old Nov 13, 2012, 08:36 PM
Joined Apr 2011
3,441 Posts
@kloner...are those Suppo motors the ones you are running on your tbs disco? The ones you painted black?
Old Nov 14, 2012, 08:37 AM
Aerial DP
Joined Apr 2010
912 Posts
yes they are, but you gotta get grub screw prop adapters from HK to do it right.

I've flown suppo motors on alot of models and never had any problems other than crashing. Parts are available but i always just replace the motors with scratches or problems after a crash. $23 is pretty decent. I also use the 2810 1000kv suppo. my vids are there too
Old Nov 14, 2012, 09:13 AM
Joined Apr 2011
3,441 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kloner View Post
yes they are, but you gotta get grub screw prop adapters from HK to do it right.

I've flown suppo motors on alot of models and never had any problems other than crashing. Parts are available but i always just replace the motors with scratches or problems after a crash. $23 is pretty decent. I also use the 2810 1000kv suppo. my vids are there too
Thanks dude...can you put the link to the grub screws from hk that you are talking about?