Old Oct 04, 2012, 11:16 AM
Multi rotors=No Paycheck left
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Apr 2011
3,452 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyandi View Post
I can build a cool logo tonight :-)
That would awesome andy...It would make it seem more "Official" you know? Rather than a bunch of poeple just hanging out calling themselves something....although i guess that's what we really are!! haha...

looking forward to seeing what you come up with
SDSURFnGLIDE is offline Find More Posts by SDSURFnGLIDE
Old Oct 04, 2012, 12:22 PM
Joined Aug 2011
2,810 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyandi View Post
Otto are you German?
5th generation American.
Otto Dieffenbach is offline Find More Posts by Otto Dieffenbach
Old Oct 04, 2012, 12:27 PM
Aerial DP
United States, CA, Lakeside
Joined Apr 2010
912 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDSURFnGLIDE View Post
that sounds like a sweet job Kloner....what kind of vinyl do you do? im thinking of re-doing my GS and wanted to do a carbon fiber finished look...do you have access to the CF vinyls?
We do cut vinyl, flexi shirts and we sell hats. In 2000 was riding my GSXR one day when i got creamed. while was laying around four years, figured i better find a way to make some money so i created a line of duck stickers. We wound up in Ducks Unlimited, Cabelas, Bass Pro Shops, etc. we finally went through it all and are back just just selling them online directly. one of them million dollar ideas... www.waterfowldecals.com haven't gone to work in 12 years

That cf vinyl i had was from ebay, like $38 covered the whole thing

http://www.ebay.com/sch/vynil_window...84.m1439.l2654

cool deal on the embroidery, we'll have to get something cool together. i need some of that video pilots gear
Kloner is offline Find More Posts by Kloner
Old Oct 04, 2012, 12:27 PM
San Marcos, CA
Joined Aug 2009
2,871 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Otto Dieffenbach View Post
5th generation American.
Not even first generation here :-) Just FOB.

Nice! So did your family keep the German language?
flyandi is offline Find More Posts by flyandi
Old Oct 04, 2012, 12:47 PM
Joined Apr 2011
3,452 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kloner View Post
We do cut vinyl, flexi shirts and we sell hats. In 2000 was riding my GSXR one day when i got creamed. while was laying around four years, figured i better find a way to make some money so i created a line of duck stickers. We wound up in Ducks Unlimited, Cabelas, Bass Pro Shops, etc. we finally went through it all and are back just just selling them online directly. one of them million dollar ideas... www.waterfowldecals.com haven't gone to work in 12 years

That cf vinyl i had was from ebay, like $38 covered the whole thing

http://www.ebay.com/sch/vynil_window...84.m1439.l2654

cool deal on the embroidery, we'll have to get something cool together. i need some of that video pilots gear

Nice kloner....yeah ive gotten the CF vinyl on ebay too....used it on my first homemade quad....
Old Oct 04, 2012, 01:27 PM
Aerial DP
United States, CA, Lakeside
Joined Apr 2010
912 Posts
we can take material like that and cut it into anything. The lettering on the zeph is that material..... but as far as printing that stuff, no thanks. I came from a pretty big company out at gillespie field. We printed, painted, wrapped aircraft and semi trailers, it's like diggin ditches in that it's super labor intensive, sweatin your butt off in el cajon on the pavement in the sun...... Did it 10 years till "that day"
Kloner is offline Find More Posts by Kloner
Old Oct 04, 2012, 01:31 PM
Joined Apr 2011
3,452 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kloner View Post
we can take material like that and cut it into anything. The lettering on the zeph is that material..... but as far as printing that stuff, no thanks. I came from a pretty big company out at gillespie field. We printed, painted, wrapped aircraft and semi trailers, it's like diggin ditches in that it's super labor intensive, sweatin your butt off in el cajon on the pavement in the sun...... Did it 10 years till "that day"
Ugh...that doesnt sound like much fun...although my job really isnt anything to sneaze at...i sit in a cubicle for 8 hours a day...why do you think im on RCG all the time??? hahah...
Old Oct 04, 2012, 05:27 PM
Fly it, edit it, post it.
Joined Dec 2011
356 Posts
I just got back from flying the Sorrento site... Super fun, again.

I can see that big pad that Andy put up the coordinates to... That would be a great goal to land there remotely from where I usually fly. All visual LOS which is good. I would have tried it if I had my Dragonlink.

The wind was starting to kick up good around 10, but that was good as the fog was well away at that point. Pretty hot, so I'll definitely have my shade. I did some fun runs down the canyon, and tested Otto's thoroughly drowned VTX and Camera setup. Looks like that still needs work, but I gave him my 900 MHz spare, 500 mW system.

I gave some rides to the guy working at the Geotech place on the corner. A bunch of Qualcommies came out and watched Otto fly Green Lantern around. Let's fly this weekend, should be super fun.

My Zephyr should be FPV'ing by then, so I'll be able to chase Kloner around, not as far as him, but still fun.
tregtronics is offline Find More Posts by tregtronics
Old Oct 04, 2012, 05:47 PM
Joined Jan 2005
5,365 Posts
How does that pad look as far as Takeoff and Landings? If it's at the top of the hill it seems like a better place to setup.
typicalaimster is offline Find More Posts by typicalaimster
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: I was bored
Old Oct 04, 2012, 05:50 PM
Joined Apr 2011
3,452 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tregtronics View Post
I just got back from flying the Sorrento site... Super fun, again.

I can see that big pad that Andy put up the coordinates to... That would be a great goal to land there remotely from where I usually fly. All visual LOS which is good. I would have tried it if I had my Dragonlink.

The wind was starting to kick up good around 10, but that was good as the fog was well away at that point. Pretty hot, so I'll definitely have my shade. I did some fun runs down the canyon, and tested Otto's thoroughly drowned VTX and Camera setup. Looks like that still needs work, but I gave him my 900 MHz spare, 500 mW system.

I gave some rides to the guy working at the Geotech place on the corner. A bunch of Qualcommies came out and watched Otto fly Green Lantern around. Let's fly this weekend, should be super fun.

My Zephyr should be FPV'ing by then, so I'll be able to chase Kloner around, not as far as him, but still fun.
looking forward to this weekend...we meeting at 10?
Old Oct 04, 2012, 06:20 PM
Detroit 2-stroke junkie
USA, CA, Oceanside
Joined Jul 2008
3,418 Posts
Idea for Logo.
Since this is So.Calif how about a FPV ship (Zeph, SkyWalker or whatever) low down in the barrel of a wave. Kind of like a surfer, not inside the "tube" but more out in front riding the lift with the wave breaking just behind it.
Can also have a siloette of a GS on the beach, just a tripod with a antenna and a stick man next to it.

Unfortunately I can't draw worth a darn.
1320fastback is offline Find More Posts by 1320fastback
Old Oct 04, 2012, 06:23 PM
Joined Apr 2011
3,452 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1320fastback View Post
Idea for Logo.
Since this is So.Calif how about a FPV ship (Zeph, SkyWalker or whatever) low down in the barrel of a wave. Kind of like a surfer, not inside the "tube" but more out in front riding the lift with the wave breaking just behind it.
Can also have a siloette of a GS on the beach, just a tripod with a antenna and a stick man next to it.

Unfortunately I can't draw worth a darn.
hey thats an awesome idea...let me add to that...what if we put a surfer on the wave with a Tx in hands and goggles on face "controlling" the zeph/FPV ship out in front??

haha that might be kind of cool....or would that be too busy??
Old Oct 04, 2012, 06:30 PM
Fly it, edit it, post it.
Joined Dec 2011
356 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by typicalaimster View Post
How does that pad look as far as Takeoff and Landings? If it's at the top of the hill it seems like a better place to setup.

Why I setup where I do....
  • The pad is a bit lower in physical elevation, you are looking down on it from the point.
  • The 'Pad' is in the residential neighborhood over there across the canyon, I don't like residential as much as I like light industrial as far as noise.... It's not nice to make noise over neighborhoods, whereas we won't be bugging anyone on a weekend over that industrial area.
  • The building's parking is big, we won't have any trouble parking anyone who comes behind the Pacific Center Blvd's buildings.
  • I used to work in the building behind where I set up, and I am comfortable there, I know the fly zone, and the thermals to ride. I also know the trails down just in case I screw up. I know the downdrafts, and looking at that other point, it is halfway up the hill.... there is a very different thermal effect there, when it is good at my spot, you have a big tailwind at the pad.... if you take off into the canyon.
  • That PAD is private property, someone owns that pad.... The point where I set up is school property, zoned semi-public, and everyone is always using it for exercise; running the trail.
  • The point that I fly is a traditional glider area, and the way the wind works you have a headwind for take-off on the cliff edge. You have a headwind on the landing slope. This slope has been known since the 70's as a great place with a west/northwest wind. Gliding there is insane.
  • I don't have landing gear, and actually don't like concrete to land on.

That said, for the Maja, the pad would be better. For anything with landing gears, that pad is probably better; like an aircraft carrier.

I just wouldn't want to go set up 4-5 FPV setups, and my trailer on that private property, and go flying around there. We had to go retrieve Green Lantern when a battery farted out, puffy in the heat today, and hiked down the hill a bit. It was good to already know the area.

Maybe we can do 2 groups, one at the pad, one at my spot, I think flying back and forth would be a blast. It wouldn't be comfortable to fly that 3rd person, but no problem 1st person. I would love to try to land on that remote pad, and have someone re-launch me over there... That would be awesome. I have my little 2.4 GHz Motorola radios in the trailer so we could talk across the canyon. Or cell phones.
tregtronics is offline Find More Posts by tregtronics
Old Oct 04, 2012, 06:49 PM
Joined Jan 2005
5,365 Posts
Gotchya! That makes sense why you setup where you do. Although you don't fly over residency the sound still travels.

I battled that with a neighborhood and AMA field.
typicalaimster is offline Find More Posts by typicalaimster
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: I was bored