HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 15, 2012, 07:05 AM
Money Shot
United States, CA, Lakeside
Joined Apr 2010
903 Posts
first i thought i was feeling the ground shake, thats when the quad flattened out a little looking to see if it was on my track, then the ding, ding, ding of the gates clued me in to oh yea, thats a train

heres some more..... the quad one is the same flight, one is gopro and the other is the new sony.....

Zeph proximity flights (6 min 24 sec)

TBS Discovery hero2 protune (5 min 6 sec)

TBS Discovery sony as-10 (4 min 58 sec)
Kloner is offline Find More Posts by Kloner
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 15, 2012, 10:48 AM
United States, CA, Oceanside
Joined Aug 2010
1,018 Posts
Kloner, next time your in that area, fly over the fence and check out the gold mining. Might want to fly high though.......LOL
Bill0 is offline Find More Posts by Bill0
Old Oct 15, 2012, 10:52 AM
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Jan 2005
5,089 Posts
How's the ProTune firmware working out for you? I've noticed some funkyness with my GoPro after upgrading. Things where the unit freezes or wont' start recording. They want to blame my card. I want to blame their firmware.
typicalaimster is offline Find More Posts by typicalaimster
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: I was bored
Old Oct 15, 2012, 10:55 AM
San Marcos, CA
Joined Aug 2009
2,784 Posts
Just got an email that I will receive a replacement GoPro this week...
flyandi is offline Find More Posts by flyandi
Old Oct 15, 2012, 10:55 AM
Multi rotors=No Paycheck left
Joined Apr 2011
3,295 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by typicalaimster View Post
How's the ProTune firmware working out for you? I've noticed some funkyness with my GoPro after upgrading. Things where the unit freezes or wont' start recording. They want to blame my card. I want to blame their firmware.
Mine is doing the same thing!! like it will stop recording at like 32 seconds and it locks the whole thing up!! i have to take the battery out in order to unlock it...and there is some lag between functions and what not...and im not even running the protune at that time...

Glad to hear i am not the only one this is happening too...i thought that it was just due to too many rough landings where the camera was ejected...
SDSURFnGLIDE is offline Find More Posts by SDSURFnGLIDE
Old Oct 15, 2012, 11:16 AM
Joined Apr 2011
3,295 Posts
I submitted an email to GoPro support to see what they suggest i do about the lockup issue...let's see what they say!!
Old Oct 15, 2012, 11:31 AM
Joined Aug 2010
1,018 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDSURFnGLIDE View Post
I submitted an email to GoPro support to see what they suggest i do about the lockup issue...let's see what they say!!
Read on another site, they may tell you to get a faster sd card. Don't ask me what site, I can't remember my own name.
Old Oct 15, 2012, 11:43 AM
Money Shot
Joined Apr 2010
903 Posts
is it doing that with protune turned off? it makes massive files with it on,,, i mean really big... 2 gigs every 7 minutes

i use this
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc...mory_Card.html

and this
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc...mory_Card.html

This is my 3rd hero2 since we all met at carlsbad.... they kept sending me crap that locked up, then one that got so hot i was afraid ot fly it, but this time they dialed me in..... for those not aware, your warranty starts over when you get a new one so your back under warranty for a full year again

I bet they offer a firmware to dissable the faster recording rates.... It sure cleaned up artifacts. This is done by panavision and it's so it integrates better with high end cameras... like you see shows on discovery and that where they use high end cameras and gopro footage mixed.... if you like the old quality, put the old firmware on it,,, andis will probably come with the old, mine did and i got it wednesday last week

I'm gonna go in the mine, but i want to straif it
Old Oct 15, 2012, 11:50 AM
San Marcos, CA
Joined Aug 2009
2,784 Posts
They bricked my GoPro - so it's definitely the firmware that sucks!
Old Oct 15, 2012, 11:52 AM
Joined Apr 2011
3,295 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill0 View Post
Read on another site, they may tell you to get a faster sd card. Don't ask me what site, I can't remember my own name.
I already have a fast SD card..plus the issue is happening when i have protune disabled...ive only "tested" it in my house for like 2 seconds and havent used it since....
Old Oct 15, 2012, 12:18 PM
Joined Aug 2010
1,018 Posts
Ok.
Old Oct 15, 2012, 12:43 PM
Joined Apr 2011
3,295 Posts
i guess we will just see what they say...i mentioned that i knew more people that are having the same issue as well so its not only me...

What surprises me is that they should know about this by now and if its actually an issue...im sure they have had a flood of complaints...HOWEVER...i have not seen any statements on their webpage about this "issue"
Old Oct 15, 2012, 01:12 PM
Money Shot
Joined Apr 2010
903 Posts
I've been round and round, unless your hanging out in a camera forum you won't know, they'll make it sound like it's you then a few days later tell you to try this firmware....

Crazy it's crashing cameras. it writes to the card three times faster so it needs a high flow...... what i showed aren't just class 10, most of those are 4mb a sec write rates to be called that... the ones i showed have a minimum 10mb with one bursts to 30mb and the other 48mb a sec. Them sony were just on sale there for 2 16mb was $20, i bought 6...... on my nex5 cam it does a continuous burst of 16mp pics as long as you hold the button, regular class 10 does about 15 pics and stops..... there is a definate difference
Old Oct 15, 2012, 01:19 PM
San Marcos, CA
Joined Aug 2009
2,784 Posts
Any GoPro alternatives?
Old Oct 15, 2012, 01:32 PM
Joined Apr 2011
3,295 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyandi View Post
Any GoPro alternatives?
i havent really looked ...but there is the sony action cam..Kloner has one so he can tell you what its like...

Also there are the 808 keychain cams and i think the lastest one allows video out if im not mistaken...they have a good rep for decent hd video but ive never used one so i can speak to that one either...there is a dedicated thread for those over in the aerial photography threads...

other than thos im not really sure what else is out there...i have been very happy with my GP up until now..