HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 04, 2013, 09:43 AM
Money Shot
United States, CA, Lakeside
Joined Apr 2010
903 Posts
that sucks otto. Dunno about changing focus. i've had really good luck over at fpvlabs and the fatshark forum getting help.

Going up to LA today to pick this bad boy up....

http://aerialmediapros.com/store/pro...ib-heavy-p-296
Kloner is offline Find More Posts by Kloner
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 04, 2013, 10:09 AM
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Apr 2012
752 Posts
Your getting a Skyjib too? Man, Kloner... where do you fit all of this stuff
jcmonty is offline Find More Posts by jcmonty
Old Feb 04, 2013, 10:14 AM
Money Shot
Joined Apr 2010
903 Posts
if clutter bugs you, don't come over........ it's everywhere. Bedroom, kitchen, dining room is a build station, couch is a tuning lab.........
Old Feb 04, 2013, 10:25 AM
Multi rotors=No Paycheck left
Joined Apr 2011
3,292 Posts
Should we just crown kloner the king of multi rotors here in san Diego? That sky jib looks sweet...
If you want the job done right..you gotta have the right tools...kloner is on the money with this...
Just let me know when you're gonna fly it so i can come watch and drool...haha
SDSURFnGLIDE is offline Find More Posts by SDSURFnGLIDE
Old Feb 04, 2013, 10:51 AM
Joined Apr 2012
752 Posts
Kloner, I grabbed a couple cools shots of you flying the CS8 yesterday with my y6. I will try to edit something up soon, but I am notoriously slow editting and have a bunch of cool footage from this weekend

All I can say was that it's pretty impressive. What are you plans for the skyjib? 2 man rig? BL gimbal when they are ready?

Btw, Rusty is coming out with the UAP2 - which is 21.5mm booms and 8" plates. Poor man's cinestar
Old Feb 04, 2013, 12:16 PM
Joined Apr 2011
3,292 Posts
@jc....

I saw rusty's post about the uap2....that's pretty cool..like you said...the poor mans cinestar....not sure if i have need for such a beast since I'm only dealing with a go pro at the moment..

But i do have access to a Nikon d3...that could be interesting to hall up in the air...probably get some really nice shots with that...
Old Feb 04, 2013, 12:28 PM
Joined Apr 2012
752 Posts
yeah, I am thinking that I will convert my Y6 to a med quad for a BL gopro gimbal and then get the UAP2 to make a new Y6. It should be better spacing and have better ways to attach gimbal isolation.
Old Feb 04, 2013, 12:40 PM
Joined Apr 2011
3,292 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcmonty View Post
yeah, I am thinking that I will convert my Y6 to a med quad for a BL gopro gimbal and then get the UAP2 to make a new Y6. It should be better spacing and have better ways to attach gimbal isolation.
That's what i did with my y6...well..you saw it yesterday...I'm pretty happy with how it turned out and I'm stoked on the new fc I'm running in it too..still needs a bit of tuning i think..but believe it or not..that is stock pid's...didn't have to change a thing...i just messed with the throttle expo a bit to soften it up...
Old Feb 04, 2013, 01:24 PM
Joined Apr 2012
752 Posts
Yeah, it was pretty sick. Definitely going to be a good FPV'er.

I like my Y6 a lot, but Rusty's new stuff will be better suited for AP work
Old Feb 04, 2013, 01:37 PM
Joined Oct 2006
314 Posts
I've been thinking of a heavy lifter to get my Canon 60D in the air, so Rusty's UAP2 is definitely something for me to consider. Like Kyle, also thinking of the BL gopro gimbal for my current set up, but I think if I put my money towards the UAP2 and making that my special rig, I might have to just build a poor man's SSG gimbal for my current rig.

Kyle, hows the video turning out on your Y6? I'm getting things pretty dialed in on the Naza, but I still can't get it to sit level in light but gusty wind, even with ATTI gains down pretty good (I don't dare fly manual in winds at the moment) I'm wondering if its just what I should expect from any FC, or if its the Naza. I think a gimbal will help a lot, but maybe its the FC as well.
dartmouth01 is offline Find More Posts by dartmouth01
Old Feb 04, 2013, 01:48 PM
Money Shot
Joined Apr 2010
903 Posts
if any of you guys ever need a big camera flown, you know who to call.

The sj8 has 12" plates and 550 20mm arms. killer anti vibe quick release gimbal plate. For now it's gonna carry an av200 and go get some work......... then it'll also have access to the cinestar gimble. At this point, it's most likely gonna start there and go carry reds for Phoenix if the cinestar won't straighten up.

Once i can make some money with it i'll go straight to a 360 mod kit and probably radian. I want it modern trusted and wanted.
Old Feb 04, 2013, 02:57 PM
Joined Apr 2011
3,292 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dartmouth01 View Post
I've been thinking of a heavy lifter to get my Canon 60D in the air, so Rusty's UAP2 is definitely something for me to consider. Like Kyle, also thinking of the BL gopro gimbal for my current set up, but I think if I put my money towards the UAP2 and making that my special rig, I might have to just build a poor man's SSG gimbal for my current rig.

Kyle, hows the video turning out on your Y6? I'm getting things pretty dialed in on the Naza, but I still can't get it to sit level in light but gusty wind, even with ATTI gains down pretty good (I don't dare fly manual in winds at the moment) I'm wondering if its just what I should expect from any FC, or if its the Naza. I think a gimbal will help a lot, but maybe its the FC as well.
Well...i don't have a y6 anymore..i converted it to a quad...jc has the y6 in the group...a for you Naza...i found that it's never really done well in wind...i think the only mode it flys well in wind is manual...in atti and gps it's just fighting you...you will just have to mess with the settings until you find that happy medium..
Old Feb 04, 2013, 03:06 PM
Money Shot
Joined Apr 2010
903 Posts
monty, did you ever get the gimble figured out to make smooth vids? What does the y6 do when it hits bumpy air? my x8 has a wobble like from the lack of a precise bank of motors to get through it

Dam, had to order the frame so i'll get it while i'm recovering from surgery
Old Feb 04, 2013, 03:59 PM
Joined Oct 2006
314 Posts
Whoops sorry, getting people and rigs mixed up. Well, with the new FC, do you find the videos are looking smoother than with the Disovery/Naza combo you had?

As I'm thinking about it, I think the location of my gopro is not conducive to smooth video without a gimbal. I've got it mounted below the quad, several inches below and in front of the middle of the quad. I'm thinking now that pitching and rolling movements that the Naza will do automatically will create larger swings at the camera, leading to shakier video. Not sure yet how I can rearrange my set up, I may just have to go the gimbal route to smooth things out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDSURFnGLIDE View Post
Well...i don't have a y6 anymore..i converted it to a quad...jc has the y6 in the group...a for you Naza...i found that it's never really done well in wind...i think the only mode it flys well in wind is manual...in atti and gps it's just fighting you...you will just have to mess with the settings until you find that happy medium..
dartmouth01 is offline Find More Posts by dartmouth01
Last edited by dartmouth01; Feb 04, 2013 at 04:05 PM. Reason: Added more thoughts
Old Feb 04, 2013, 04:03 PM
Joined Apr 2011
3,292 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dartmouth01 View Post
Whoops sorry, getting people and rigs mixed up. Well, with the new FC, do you find the videos are looking smoother than with the Disovery/Naza combo you had?
I think it will be once i have it all dialed in...had some jello, but i think that is because i has too much dampening for my camera mount...thanks jcmonty for pointing that out....
So last night i removed some of the dampers and shot some video at lunch today..won't have a chance to review until i get home though...