904 Posts
my statement is not the reason it didn't work, it was the company
Kloner is offline Find More Posts by Kloner
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 24, 2013, 09:42 PM
San Marcos, CA
Joined Aug 2009
2,825 Posts
Oh yeah .. Sure .. No need to fight here .. Doesn't matter at this point anyway.
flyandi is online now Find More Posts by flyandi
Old Jan 24, 2013, 09:52 PM
Just trying to get a nut.
United States, VA, McLean
Joined Oct 2006
6,382 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyandi View Post
...get proper licensing (PPL+IFR+whatever else will be required - who knows).
This may not be all that bad. It doesn't have to be so onerous. Having an educated bunch allowed to fly is better than confining everyone to "the pattern".
scrtsqrl is online now Find More Posts by scrtsqrl
Last edited by scrtsqrl; Jan 24, 2013 at 10:02 PM.
Old Jan 24, 2013, 09:53 PM
San Marcos, CA
Joined Aug 2009
2,825 Posts
Agreed .. Or there are other compromises ..
Old Jan 24, 2013, 09:57 PM
Money Shot
United States, CA, Lakeside
Joined Apr 2010
904 Posts
They've been working on regulation for fly for hire for 10 years and nothings happened. were not as in the crosshairs as one might think

I aint got no fight, guess we certainly see the glass half empty/half full
Old Jan 24, 2013, 10:03 PM
Just trying to get a nut.
United States, VA, McLean
Joined Oct 2006
6,382 Posts
Should there be a difference between flying for hire and hobby flying?
scrtsqrl is online now Find More Posts by scrtsqrl
Old Jan 24, 2013, 10:03 PM
Joined Jan 2013
126 Posts
anyone please give me some feedback on my flying in the video below, and dont forget to subscribe.

Parkzone Radian gliding over marin county with a go pro (13 min 53 sec)
meisjacko is offline Find More Posts by meisjacko
Old Jan 24, 2013, 10:17 PM
Money Shot
Joined Apr 2010
904 Posts
probably should be but there most likely best off riding the coat tails of the people in the business to come forth and push through the fpv thing. The people talking to them know all do it from helis and airplanes and they already went through a few of my friends.... one is suppose to be licensed to certify us..... we fly next week

You just can't show up to pass a new cocaine law with the cartel sitting behind you.... Bring the doctors in to tell the law why they need it, the cartel will just slide on through, not cause too much uproar and life goes on. The mayans thought the world was gonna end..... i'm still paying my mortgage
Old Jan 24, 2013, 11:09 PM
Fly it, edit it, post it.
Joined Dec 2011
356 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kloner View Post
i'm still paying my mortgage
And I'll have my Private PIlot's license & Instrument Rating by the end of 2013 just in case 2015 is interesting. $5,000, hope it will be worth it. I got my Ham before I ever flew my radios, but no ham police has ever even asked me my call sign let alone checked my spectral purity of my instrumentation. Since I fly Multi-rotor now too, should I be studying my Helicopter books too? The skills don't translate that much.... maybe the basic principles, but the actual training is much different. Until it is figured out, it is a moot point... but I still don't want to be caught unawares. I would rather be prepared, and have a license if that is what they want, because, I love this too much not to....

I hear grumbling on both sides of the aisle, but very little action. I see people who are writing the rules, breaking them, not following the practices they lay out, and expect others to follow. It kills the legitimacy when the rule-makers aren't following their own.

I love the show moonshiners. Shows how you will never stop people from doing something that they want to do. It also shows how much better the legit guys are doing once they take the time to get permitted. The government wants their cut. Give it to them, and charge more to the client to pay for it.... like everyone else. Government comes in and just drives the costs up, but it doesn't stop, and hopefully it's more safe.

If you're good, you will find a way to make it happen, with or without the government's help. It will become like everything else, the guy who is a single operation, or small... they are going to get the Sheriff called on by the big guy who has a ton of money invested in certification and bureaucracy.

Been seeing a LOT of cops on construction sites checking on worker status. Labor Board, INS, and a group of badges show up to your site, and take away all the $15/hour workers, charge you a $15,000 fine, so you have to go hire legit guys for $55/hour, that produce 1/4 of the work the first guy did.

I swear, Kloner and I get more footage, from more places than all the sheep lined up in all the press boxes. It's because it's one person, doing it out of the love of it, looking through a child's eyes. You don't get that when you are a governed by a committee or corporation. Luckily, I think the world is about to decentralize a bit so it will be more of the local police. The Otto's of the world slapping us up side the head when we are being stupid is way more useful to the community than random badges that just make people more clever about where and when they operate.

If they stop me here, maybe I will just have to find a way to FPV the moon.
tregtronics is offline Find More Posts by tregtronics
Last edited by tregtronics; Jan 24, 2013 at 11:31 PM.
Old Jan 24, 2013, 11:19 PM
mdv
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Jun 2009
462 Posts
on a lighter note

F16 Full operational.wmv (4 min 50 sec)
mdv is online now Find More Posts by mdv
Old Jan 24, 2013, 11:38 PM
San Marcos, CA
Joined Aug 2009
2,825 Posts
Oh that F-16 actually was the trigger why I got into FPV .. still one of the best (if not the best) FPV videos ...
Old Jan 25, 2013, 12:27 AM
Money Shot
Joined Apr 2010
904 Posts
Yo Otto, I got this crazy crosshair antenna sitting here. I'll bring it up with me saturday if your gonna be around. it's 13" x 13", never seen anything like it. You can cut it down to 9x9 to make it 3db, i think at 13 it must be 8 ish db. I think treg can tell ya with his meter, maybe?

just gotta finish the element. The reflector, balun, wood backing are all finished. The frame if you will.

Did you say your vrx is regular polarized sma male? if that's too many sylables, treg, help me out
Old Jan 25, 2013, 12:36 AM
Joined Aug 2011
2,721 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kloner View Post
Yo Otto, I got this crazy crosshair antenna sitting here. I'll bring it up with me saturday if your gonna be around. it's 13" x 13", never seen anything like it. You can cut it down to 9x9 to make it 3db, i think at 13 it must be 8 ish db. I think treg can tell ya with his meter, maybe?

just gotta finish the element. The reflector, balun, wood backing are all finished. The frame if you will.

Did you say your vrx is regular polarized sma male? if that's too many sylables, treg, help me out
Great! Yep, I need a male sma on the end that screws on the female of the receiver.
Otto Dieffenbach is online now Find More Posts by Otto Dieffenbach
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 25, 2013, 11:34 AM
United States, CA, Oceanside
Joined Aug 2010
1,054 Posts
I hear grumbling on both sides of the aisle, but very little action. I see people who are writing the rules, breaking them, not following the practices they lay out, and expect others to follow. It kills the legitimacy when the rule-makers aren't following their own.

Thought you were talking about congress and the present ruler.
Bill0 is online now Find More Posts by Bill0
Old Jan 25, 2013, 11:52 AM
San Marcos, CA
Joined Aug 2009
2,825 Posts
Posted in the FPV Legislation Thread:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=1590

Quote:
I'm going to be putting this in several places so sorry if you see it more than once, most folks won't think its too relevant to FPV but its about the NAS and some of you will want to operate commercially someday.

Patrick has just spoken to Gus from IsisCopter at the Department of Transportation is a petition for exemption for various sections of 14 CFR parts; 21.191 and 91.319 to operate an sUAS commercially within VLOS. Federal Register in Podcast #36

http://www.regulations.gov/#!documen...2012-0897-0002 Let the FAA know you are out there and want to be heard.

Its open for comment until Feb 4th so get your thoughts on there, make their Monday morning a busy one.