HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 09, 2012, 11:45 PM
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Jan 2005
5,269 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Avllino View Post
how south is G8. Me thinks its very South. Could have a blast there!!! Bring whatever you got and tear it up.
It was 20 minutes south for me down I-15, and I live near QC stadium. Well worth the drive. I think I'll be going out there more often to 'get away'. Just keep in mind another club uses the land. We'll want to be good neighbors if we go out there.
typicalaimster is online now Find More Posts by typicalaimster
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: I was bored
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 09, 2012, 11:49 PM
Joined Jan 2005
5,269 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyandi View Post
At 0:38 - is this a Border Patrol Car?
Nah but I did have the ghetto bird fly through a few times. Made for a interesting clearing of airspace.
typicalaimster is online now Find More Posts by typicalaimster
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: I was bored
Old Oct 09, 2012, 11:53 PM
San Marcos, CA
Joined Aug 2009
2,846 Posts
Hehe . seems pretty awesome down there. Once I have the Maja ready and fully tested, I definitely will go down there :-)
flyandi is offline Find More Posts by flyandi
Old Oct 10, 2012, 12:18 AM
Multi rotors=No Paycheck left
Joined Apr 2011
3,393 Posts
Man...i woulda cruised down there with you today....
SDSURFnGLIDE is online now Find More Posts by SDSURFnGLIDE
Old Oct 10, 2012, 01:30 AM
San Marcos, CA
Joined Aug 2009
2,846 Posts
FPV Quad almost ready .. man definitively doesn't have a lot of space :-(
Old Oct 10, 2012, 05:03 AM
Detroit 2-stroke junkie
USA, CA, Oceanside
Joined Jul 2008
3,299 Posts
I go out to the desert with some people from the MiraMar Club.
We always go to a dry lake bed at Superstition Mountain and do a few trips a year.

I can post the dates as they are scheduled.
Most go out Friday and make it a 3 day trip with flights Sun morning and then pack up.

Can fly everything there from a Fomie to a Turbine.

Other than myself there are 2 others into FPV.
1320fastback is offline Find More Posts by 1320fastback
Old Oct 10, 2012, 08:06 AM
Aerial DP
United States, CA, Lakeside
Joined Apr 2010
910 Posts
We can plan a trip to the desert anytime anybody wants to..... highs are in the 90's now, only downside this time of year is cold north winds.....

i like the painted gorge area, makes for some interesting filming, got everything from flat dirt to windy roads to mountains to surf down.

disco @ the Beach full flight (5 min 24 sec)

painted gorge is 3:30
TBS Dicovery maiden (7 min 46 sec)

1 hour from el cajon
Kloner is offline Find More Posts by Kloner
Old Oct 10, 2012, 09:25 AM
Joined Apr 2011
3,393 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyandi View Post
FPV Quad almost ready .. man definitively doesn't have a lot of space :-(
Yep...this is the only down side to setting up multi's for FPV...not a whole lot of room...so you gotta get creative!

Cant wait to see it Andy...it will be fun to have another multi up in the air FPV'ing with Kloner and I
Old Oct 10, 2012, 11:23 AM
Aerial DP
Joined Apr 2010
910 Posts
Got that x8 coming....... gonna be here next week as a box of bolts. It's made for carrying DSLRS and big gimbles, but mines gonna be fpv with a fixed mount Sony nex-5n. it's 8x 2814 motors, 12" to 14" props and is made to fly around 10 kilo........ 9ah to 15ah of lipos it's got spots for depending on 3000 to 5000mah packs.

it's a beast, Gonna have a discovery for sale soon..... that's how you get room to spread out all that crap we got.
Old Oct 10, 2012, 11:41 AM
San Marcos, CA
Joined Aug 2009
2,846 Posts
On the other side, it's not really for long range, so you don't have to budget for how close are the antennas or components to each other :-)

got mine all cleaned-up. Controller board is now on level 1 along with all components. GPS sits on the arm. Battery is now on top, right in the middle :-)
Old Oct 10, 2012, 11:59 AM
Aerial DP
Joined Apr 2010
910 Posts
I flew a f450 fpv for 6 months, it wasn't a matter of range as much as just getting it to work. it was hard when i introduced uhf rc control. Really hard... lots of interference, crappy reception, things like that.

each one of those is a different build,,, that bottom was the last of messing around i did and bought the $70 frames that makes it so much easier. it's hard to get interference when theres no wires

the only wires not shown is another short pigtail to the vtx, an rssi wire from the top plate to the bottom plate and a ppm wire from the top plate to the bottom plate.

this is them

that top picture was my first fpv rig, it was christmas last year. i hadn't flown a plane fpv till mid summer, the zeph...... then built that little telink
Old Oct 10, 2012, 12:13 PM
Joined Apr 2011
3,393 Posts
Dude Kloner...that X8 is gonna be a beast!! cant wait to see it ...Im done with builds for now unfortunately...money is tight at the moment...but im happy with what i have for now....I do want to get a Zephyr2 and set it up for long range FPV....maybe i can convince the wife to buy it for me as a x-mas gift....then i will sneak in the long range gear if i can!!
Old Oct 10, 2012, 12:36 PM
San Marcos, CA
Joined Aug 2009
2,846 Posts
I made custom cables for my F450 so they are short and keeps the looks clean :-)

Only thing missing is now the Video Transmitter/OSD - will test GPS hold and RTH first :-)
Old Oct 10, 2012, 12:38 PM
San Marcos, CA
Joined Aug 2009
2,846 Posts
Hey Kloner, where did you buy the extended arms?
Old Oct 10, 2012, 12:40 PM
San Marcos, CA
Joined Aug 2009
2,846 Posts
... and what is the difference between the Graupner and the DJI props? Do you feel the difference?