SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jan 02, 2013, 10:24 AM
United States, CA, Oceanside
Joined Aug 2010
1,126 Posts
See Otto made the Mail Online, from England no less Pretty impressive.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencete...-Superman.html
Bill0 is offline Find More Posts by Bill0
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 02, 2013, 10:53 AM
Multi rotors=No Paycheck left
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Apr 2011
3,462 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kloner View Post
if you never use HD viewing of your flicks or aren't integrating gopro with a regular video camera you probably don't need protune. It had an option for on or off. You guys saying the camera malfunctions with protune off as well? Mine holds it's own but i had to get one of them fancy memory cards. Mine works, but it tends to shut off from vibrations, like wide open throttle kinda stuff. it hardly ever freezes and when it does is in the first 3 seconds 99% of the time

Yea...i don't think id really ever use the pro tune to its full potential..I'm happy without it...i was frustrated a hell trying to use my gp...it kept stopping after about 2 seconds after recording...I'm using a class 10 16 gig too....
SDSURFnGLIDE is offline Find More Posts by SDSURFnGLIDE
Old Jan 02, 2013, 11:48 AM
Joined Jan 2005
5,376 Posts
Quote:
if you never use HD viewing of your flicks or aren't integrating gopro with a regular video camera you probably don't need protune. It had an option for on or off. You guys saying the camera malfunctions with protune off as well? Mine holds it's own but i had to get one of them fancy memory cards.
It still malfunctions with ProTune turned off. In fact it didn't matter if ProTune was turned on or off it'd still die. Nor did it matter what video resolution or frame rate it was set to. If it didn't freeze at 2-3 seconds.. It'd freeze right around 30 seconds. Once it DOES record I can fly or even set it on the bench and it'll go for hours. I even went out and bought one of the expensive class 10 SD cards in hopes it'd fix the problem. Instead it made the problem worse than using a Class 4 card. The firmware has caused problems since the beginning. Either killing people's GoPro's or causing them to lock up. Most companies would have acknowledged the problem and released a patched firmware to fix the problem. Instead it seems GoPro is pulling an Apple and pushing everyone to upgrade to their new camera. Based on this firmware performance I hesitate to buy a GoPro Black. Mind you I can trade this Hero 2 in at Best Buy and get the Black!

I thought it was vibration as well. Then I thought it might have something to do with the Live Out. Having the time to spend on the camera out in Az last week.. It's the firmware. It's the only thing on the camera that has changed. I'm still doing HD viewing of my videos. The only difference between Protune and normal is 'Broadcast Quality' as they put it. About 90% of the time my videos are going to end up on YouTube which already does their thing with them. Considering CNN and some of the other news agencies use Skype to interview people.. If I ever catch something news worthy I doubt they're going to care about the quality. Don't think I'll see a NatGeo offering any time soon. /soapbox
typicalaimster is online now Find More Posts by typicalaimster
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: I was bored
Old Jan 02, 2013, 11:51 AM
Joined Apr 2011
3,462 Posts
Yep as soon a you down grade the FW....it works like a charm......and I'm satisfied with that!
Old Jan 02, 2013, 12:26 PM
Aerial DP
United States, CA, Lakeside
Joined Apr 2010
912 Posts
you need that uhs-1 thing, it's different than a class 10, but none the less.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc...mory_Card.html

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc...mory_Card.html

like those
Kloner is offline Find More Posts by Kloner
Old Jan 02, 2013, 12:44 PM
Joined Jan 2005
5,376 Posts
Quote:
you need that uhs-1 thing, it's different than a class 10, but none the less.
I'll give it a whirl.. My confidence in GoPro's product diminished when I spend more time trouble shooting something that worked one firmware release ago!
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 02, 2013, 12:51 PM
Aerial DP
United States, CA, Lakeside
Joined Apr 2010
912 Posts
i hear ya. they are pushing the processors limits.
Kloner is offline Find More Posts by Kloner
Old Jan 02, 2013, 02:06 PM
Joined Jan 2012
120 Posts
hey guys, been a while since I've had a chance to fly since I've been traveling a lot but I got out and flew my small flying wing yesterday with the Crius All in one pro flight controller running ArduPlaneNG and Minim OSD. Pretty impressed with it so far for ~$100 for a full IMU flight controller and OSD

$Tree Foamboard flying wing and Crius All-in-one-pro (AIOP) Maiden (2 min 54 sec)

The large flying wing that some of you have seen suffered a crash so I'm in the process of rebuilding that one and plan to run this FC setup on it when its done.
nieder2 is offline Find More Posts by nieder2
Old Jan 02, 2013, 02:25 PM
Joined Apr 2011
3,462 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nieder2 View Post
hey guys, been a while since I've had a chance to fly since I've been traveling a lot but I got out and flew my small flying wing yesterday with the Crius All in one pro flight controller running ArduPlaneNG and Minim OSD. Pretty impressed with it so far for ~$100 for a full IMU flight controller and OSD

http://youtu.be/0YdF88qPMTU

The large flying wing that some of you have seen suffered a crash so I'm in the process of rebuilding that one and plan to run this FC setup on it when its done.
Hey..welcome back...
Old Jan 02, 2013, 02:38 PM
Fly it, edit it, post it.
Joined Dec 2011
356 Posts
Quote:

http://youtu.be/0YdF88qPMTU

There is a heap of information on that OSD, what OSD is that?
tregtronics is offline Find More Posts by tregtronics
Old Jan 02, 2013, 02:54 PM
Joined Jan 2005
5,376 Posts
Quote:
Pretty impressed with it so far for ~$100 for a full IMU flight controller and OSD
Very cool. Can you send the MAVLINK command over one of your channels to flip through the OSD screens?
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 02, 2013, 03:03 PM
Joined Jan 2012
120 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tregtronics View Post
There is a heap of information on that OSD, what OSD is that?
MinimOSD extra http://code.google.com/p/minimosd-extra/ totally configurable to whatever you want. I thought you had it?
Old Jan 02, 2013, 03:05 PM
Joined Jan 2012
120 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by typicalaimster View Post
Very cool. Can you send the MAVLINK command over one of your channels to flip through the OSD screens?
right now i just have it set up to cycle based on flight mode changes. If you toggle from manual to stab then back to manual within 2 seconds, it will go to the next screen panel.
Old Jan 02, 2013, 03:11 PM
Joined Jan 2005
5,376 Posts
Quote:
right now i just have it set up to cycle based on flight mode changes. If you toggle from manual to stab then back to manual within 2 seconds, it will go to the next screen panel.
Very cool. It's quite a lot of information on the screen. I found I removed a bunch of stuff after a couple flights.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 02, 2013, 03:33 PM
Fly it, edit it, post it.
Joined Dec 2011
356 Posts
Quote:
MinimOSD extra http://code.google.com/p/minimosd-extra/ totally configurable to whatever you want. I thought you had it?
I do have it, never turned it on yet.... now I am stoked. The plane it is in is waiting for maiden flight... so I have never even turned it on after embedding it in the wing

Been SUPER sick since hanging with Kloner in the desert, so I am on an FPV pause.
tregtronics is offline Find More Posts by tregtronics