HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 08, 2012, 12:47 PM
Just trying to get a nut.
United States, VA, McLean
Joined Oct 2006
6,430 Posts
Speaking of "hard landings"...I just got back from Sorrento...nice place to fly...but a bit rough on foamies for landing...you get an arrested landing every time...lols...

Sorrento Valley FPV Site (0 min 28 sec)
scrtsqrl is offline Find More Posts by scrtsqrl
Last edited by scrtsqrl; Oct 08, 2012 at 12:55 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 08, 2012, 12:51 PM
Aerial DP
United States, CA, Lakeside
Joined Apr 2010
912 Posts
I can't believe somebody knows the PEB... i was into car audio comps back in the late 80's early 90's and it was a shoe in for SPL competition. they also don't have copyrights enabled on youtube so it actually works.

We were at the river a few weeks ago when a middle aged guy and his wife had it going, i was floored. My wife kept saying i hear that song you play all the time. I've got like 6 of there albums, also others like bass 305, bass hit, daz dillinger. I think some of it used to rock down in TJ too when i was old enough but not old enough.....
Kloner is offline Find More Posts by Kloner
Old Oct 08, 2012, 01:08 PM
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Jan 2005
5,322 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kloner View Post
I've got like 6 of there albums, also others like bass 305, bass hit, daz dillinger..
Don't forget Basswerk, Beat Dominator, DJ Fury, DJ Magic Mike and Dynamix. I'd use DJ Fury and Magic Mike for speaker testing when my friends and I would build boxes. I was into the whole big bass scene for a little while. THEN I discovered Breakbeat and Raves. It went down hill from there. If you like Freestyle, Google search for DJ Magic from Germany.

I think iTunes has both Bass Computer and Bassgasm for PEB.
typicalaimster is offline Find More Posts by typicalaimster
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: I was bored
Old Oct 08, 2012, 04:33 PM
Aerial DP
Joined Apr 2010
912 Posts
unreal...... I've gone my whole life till now and all of a sudden it's all normal,,, wth? haha

before i had kids there was a Resonance engineering 12" box in the whole back of my truck.... now it's 2 baby seats

Typical, i ran into a guy from sefsd over at fpv labs, guess you've met him,,, bob? gonna invite him to the thread....
Old Oct 08, 2012, 04:36 PM
Fly it, edit it, post it.
Joined Dec 2011
356 Posts
DJ Magic Mike was my favorite.... damn, bringing back Miami beats... This is old school... I too spent my high school years at the 'Speaker Factory' here off westlake in Encinitas. Back when I was just figuring out that a Milli Henry wasn't a midget wrestler.
tregtronics is offline Find More Posts by tregtronics
Old Oct 08, 2012, 04:39 PM
San Marcos, CA
Joined Aug 2009
2,850 Posts
So how was the landing strip? is it big enough for the Maja to take-off and land?
flyandi is offline Find More Posts by flyandi
Old Oct 08, 2012, 04:41 PM
Fly it, edit it, post it.
Joined Dec 2011
356 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyandi View Post
So how was the landing strip? is it big enough for the Maja to take-off and land?
Not on the Business park end, unless you use the actual parking lot and there are no cars. I would say that far pad will be better for you....
Typical Meister found a pretty good open spot, but still not Maja worthy.
tregtronics is offline Find More Posts by tregtronics
Old Oct 08, 2012, 04:51 PM
Aerial DP
Joined Apr 2010
912 Posts
that one video of mine with the osd info shows a flyover the pad...... theres a ton of street to that goes to it....

too much treg..... your a blast to chill with
Old Oct 08, 2012, 05:32 PM
San Marcos, CA
Joined Aug 2009
2,850 Posts
Well .. I am going to test the Maja with FPV this weekend and see how much room I really need during an actual FPV Flight :-)
flyandi is offline Find More Posts by flyandi
Old Oct 08, 2012, 05:40 PM
Ahhgh! Not ANOTHER new plane!
San Diego, CA
Joined Dec 2001
2,731 Posts
Greetings

Kloner, Otto, Scott, greetings! Kleiner directed me to this thread from FPVLAB. Nice to see there is a burgeoning community in SD.

I'm just getting started in this, no equipment yet, but very interested. I may ask some dumb questions as I progress. My expertise in electronics is knowing that the wide prong of an electric plug goes in the bigger hole!

I work T/W/T at Discount Hobbies, so if you're in the area, stop by and say hello.

Edit: That's "kloner", not kleiner. Apple products, sheesh!
Robert Stinson is offline Find More Posts by Robert Stinson
Last edited by Robert Stinson; Oct 08, 2012 at 05:49 PM.
Old Oct 08, 2012, 05:42 PM
Aerial DP
Joined Apr 2010
912 Posts
there he is......
Old Oct 08, 2012, 06:54 PM
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Jan 2005
5,322 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Stinson View Post
I'm just getting started in this, no equipment yet, but very interested. I may ask some dumb questions as I progress.
Make sure you check out IBCrazy's thread in the FPV forum and the 'help' document he's attached.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1355327

Keep in mind starting out you just need a plane, video camera, video TX/RX and a monitor.
typicalaimster is offline Find More Posts by typicalaimster
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: I was bored
Old Oct 08, 2012, 07:06 PM
Joined Oct 2006
6,430 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Stinson View Post
Kloner, Otto, Scott, greetings! Kleiner directed me to this thread from FPVLAB. Nice to see there is a burgeoning community in SD.

I'm just getting started in this, no equipment yet, but very interested. I may ask some dumb questions as I progress. My expertise in electronics is knowing that the wide prong of an electric plug goes in the bigger hole!

I work T/W/T at Discount Hobbies, so if you're in the area, stop by and say hello.

Edit: That's "kloner", not kleiner. Apple products, sheesh!
Hei Bob,
Welcome!
Check this out:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1253099
Old Oct 08, 2012, 07:07 PM
United States, CA, Carlsbad
Joined Apr 2012
650 Posts
Andy- I would definitely not recommend the maja there.. No runway space. kroner was dropping it on the bushes behind us and was working like a catchers mit. The trick is gotta fly over the hill and do a 180 to line up with your favorite bush. The side ridge as well is really good too.
TheMagician007 is offline Find More Posts by TheMagician007
Old Oct 08, 2012, 07:12 PM
Joined Oct 2006
6,430 Posts
Flying at SEFSD at1800.