HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 11, 2012, 01:16 AM
KE your cub.
in the gutter, again....
Joined Jun 2005
4,091 Posts
I bought mine recently from cox international (ex xenalook)
Curare is offline Find More Posts by Curare
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 11, 2012, 09:37 AM
United States, SC, Columbia
Joined May 2010
1,362 Posts
Whatever tool you have, the most important way to not mushroom the crown is to place your reset tool on a hard surface. Placed on a smooth surfaced anvil on a concrete floor is good. An anvil on a wooden table won't do as well. You have to have the tool supported on something that won't flex at all. Test your cylinder fit and check the SPI gap to make sure it has not closed up any. This happens sometimes.

Practice on an old worn out piston first because you have to get the feel of how hard to tap and how many taps it takes.
RknRusty is offline Find More Posts by RknRusty
Old Nov 12, 2012, 11:38 AM
United States, CA, Garden Grove
Joined Oct 2000
11,925 Posts
Cleaning castor oil varnish from cylinder wall is also needed when motor tightens up. I twirled a dowel wrapped with fine steel wool and toothpaste by hand and cleaned residue carefully with fuel and paper towel.
E-Challenged is offline Find More Posts by E-Challenged