HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 02, 2012, 02:34 PM
United States, TN, Moscow
Joined Oct 2003
39 Posts
Discussion
Hobby King Nightmare.

Trust me, I'm not a beginner. Over 30 years in the hobby.
I have always scratch built and kit built large scale planes.
I decided to try out the XUAV P-38 from HK. It came in and had all kinds of problems. Email after email to get replacement parts was getting no where. They kept saying the parts were on the way, yet never seem to make it here. This has gone on for 4 months.
I finally got them to issue an RMA number and returned the plane and battery. 2 weeks later one of the replacement parts arrived, still not what is needed to put the plane together, but it doesn't matter. They have the plane and battery I returned with their RMA number.
They aknowledged they have it back, but now refuse to send another or return my money.
They say the parts they sent have fixed my issue.
Only issue I have now is no plane and no money.

What kind of company blatantly steals from customers like this?
Crater Maker is offline Find More Posts by Crater Maker
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 03, 2012, 01:58 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Dec 2010
353 Posts
Welcome to the hobby kingdom. You are just One of many that wait months to get parts replaced.
I don't know if you used Paypal but if you did you should have opened a dispute before the 45 day deadline. Now maybe your CC company can help you get you money back. Good Luck.
valanti256 is offline Find More Posts by valanti256
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Oct 03, 2012, 08:28 AM
Merry xmas
Australia, SA, Edinburgh
Joined Aug 2009
5,802 Posts
Was this from the US Warehouse or International? The (XUAV) P-38 hasn't been in stock for well over 6 months. I didn't realize they did International RMA's. learn something new every day.

Definately go the paypal or CC route as advised by Valanti (he does this for every order), should be an interesting outcome.

I guess in answer to the last question, probably someone like Easytiger

Mark
KCV6 is offline Find More Posts by KCV6
Old Oct 03, 2012, 09:32 AM
Joined Oct 2003
39 Posts
I did check into HK before I bought. I came across threads similar to this one and like some say about me and my issue, it's just sour grapes of one mad customer.
After their complaint, there was post after post telling how great they are to deal with mentioning "500 purchases and not one problem"(sic). I took that for what it seemed and went ahead and ordered. Sure, it came in quick enough from the US wharehouse, price was right, several good comments on the plane and HK on line. That's where it ended.

Months have passed with email after email going back and forth. They sent me USPS tracking numbers for shipments of replacement parts for the plane they never made. Yes, I checked with USPS and they said these were not real tracking numbers.
They finally agreed to issue an RMA number and I sent it back. They emailed me saying they received it back and yes there are prolems with it. They gave me a credit for the battery and said they would ship out a new plane. Again I received an email with a USPS tracking number that wasn't real. After several emails with Vivian at their customer service center, she said they hadn't shipped it yet. She sent another tracking number that was real.
Instead of receiving a new plane, they only shipped a replacement propeller.
Email back to Vivian and she said the problem is taken care of, I have a replacement propeller.

What good is the prop if I don't have the plane? They keep closing the service requests and saying I am not going to receive another plane. They marked the "value" of the $2 prop as $158 on the shipping manifest and say that I have received full value for my plane.
Old Oct 03, 2012, 05:59 PM
Joined Sep 2012
15 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crater Maker View Post
What good is the prop if I don't have the plane? They keep closing the service requests and saying I am not going to receive another plane. They marked the "value" of the $2 prop as $158 on the shipping manifest and say that I have received full value for my plane.
WOW just WOW
do you have copies of the emails and manifest
eddahenry is offline Find More Posts by eddahenry
Old Oct 04, 2012, 12:33 PM
Heli nut
Australia, WA, Wembley Downs
Joined May 2005
434 Posts
Picture of said manifest doesn't appear to be loading?

Did you have to pay the shipping return?
Trexmad is offline Find More Posts by Trexmad
Old Oct 06, 2012, 12:32 PM
buy a lot, fly a little!
Hong Kong, Hong Kong Island, Central And Western District
Joined May 2001
5,661 Posts
Crater Maker, did CS resolve your issue?

S.
stuart warne is online now Find More Posts by stuart warne
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: JR P-38 take 2.
Old Oct 07, 2012, 01:41 AM
Joined Oct 2003
39 Posts
Hi all, sorry for not updating sooner. We have been working 16 hours shifts at work all week. Sleep-work-sleep-work.
Well, A CS rep from Hobby saw my posts. He sent me a private message and there is a new plane on the way.
Two thumbs up for him.
I hate all I went through, but it seems this thread may work out to get the attention of the ones in power at HK.
Yes I have the manifest and no I am not posting or putting them down in this thread. They came through and that is the end of this issue. As it should be.