SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
View Poll Results: Would you like to see this new forum created?
Yes 97 90.65%
N0 10 9.35%
Voters: 107. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
Old Oct 13, 2012, 03:12 PM
All under control, Grommit!
United Kingdom, Aberdeen
Joined Sep 2000
12,650 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by epoxyearl View Post
That was not intended for you,but for leccyflyer....I posted immediately following his post ,but that ain't where it went !

I apologise for making you think it was meant for you.I'm sorry..

Can you find it in yer heart to forgive me ? Earl.
As I've mentioned several times, it is a mistake to make such discussions personal and it is also a mistake to make unwarranted assertions such as those which have been made regarding the formation of this new forum.
leccyflyer is offline Find More Posts by leccyflyer
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 13, 2012, 03:18 PM
Dragons, WindMills, all Same
United States, IN, Indianapolis
Joined May 2002
4,272 Posts
Gzzz, reminds me of removing a nasty fur sliver with a dull blade.

My scratch builds for this winter look mostly like SoarHead ships. Wanderer 99 NOS compliant, Sagitta 900 SS style and ............
jcstalls is offline Find More Posts by jcstalls
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 13, 2012, 03:22 PM
Promoting Model Aviation...
United States, OK, Henryetta
Joined Nov 2005
25,303 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by leccyflyer View Post
Perhaps if you had taken the time, Frank, to actually read the thread discussing the new forum proposal, you might have a better understanding of that, since it is all explained in some detail..

OTOH you could just erroneously imagine that I am just a random angry person or somehow considered that I had "lost" in this poll.. You'd be entirely mistaken, of course.
I did read the thread and that is why I said what I said. And you certainly sound angry and very upset. But, if you feel you "'lost" than that is up to you.

I am wondering if this is now just turned into recreational arguing? I don't see the point to waste time discussing this issue. It's a done deal.

Frank
Murocflyer is offline Find More Posts by Murocflyer
Old Oct 13, 2012, 03:24 PM
Joined Nov 2005
25,303 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcstalls View Post
Gzzz, reminds me of removing a nasty fur sliver with a dull blade.

I hear ya. Why does everything have to turn nasty and into a "battle". This isn't LTUP. Let it go and be happy.

Frank
Old Oct 13, 2012, 03:27 PM
United Kingdom, Aberdeen
Joined Sep 2000
12,650 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murocflyer View Post
I did read the thread and that is why I said what I said. And you certainly sound angry and very upset. But, if you feel you "'lost" than that is up to you.
No Frank, I'm not the one making the suggestion that anything was lost and I am certainly not angry in the slightest.

Quote:
I am wondering if this is now just turned into recreational arguing? I don't see the point to waste time discussing this issue. It's a done deal.

Frank
It's a discussion. The assertion was made that there was no forum in which to make those build threads, which is clearly total nonsense since many hundreds, if not thousands, of build threads have been posted in the fora where they were perfectly at home, in accordance with how the site has been historically organised. Now there is just one more forum for those threads to be posted in.

It is likely that at some stage in the future some bright spark will suggest that there is no forum for posting threads purely about models built from balsa, from plans only, and that it is difficult to find such threads amongst the balsa kit builds. That is the way it goes.
Old Oct 13, 2012, 03:29 PM
United Kingdom, Aberdeen
Joined Sep 2000
12,650 Posts
Quote:
I hear ya. Why does everything have to turn nasty and into a "battle". This isn't LTUP. Let it go and be happy.

Frank
Maybe you should ask those who have been insistent on making the discussion personal, rather than discussing the actual proposal itself?
Old Oct 13, 2012, 03:35 PM
Joined Nov 2005
25,303 Posts
Wow, it just goes on and on doesn't it? Slow day in LTUP?

Frank
who still believes there are zero forums dedicated to balsa builds
Old Oct 13, 2012, 04:02 PM
United Kingdom, Aberdeen
Joined Sep 2000
12,650 Posts
Quote:
Wow, it just goes on and on doesn't it? Slow day in LTUP?

Frank
who still believes there are zero forums dedicated to balsa builds
That's a false belief Frank, but hey, it's only the solid evidence of many thousands of posts about balsa builds of warbirds, scale models, sports models, 3d models, indoor models, jets, EDF models and all of the other categories that contain all of those thousands of posts.
Old Oct 13, 2012, 04:07 PM
Not failing=Not trying enough
United States, IA, Coralville
Joined Jun 2011
360 Posts
I suppose we are all too stubborn for me to even bother explaining my position on this discussion about there being no place to post balsa builds.

One thing I want to clear up right now:

After the forum is created, there's a good chance I'll start a thread in there. I sure hope I'll be welcome, even though I was one of the "losers" who voted against it. Whether I, or anyone else, supported its creation is irrelevant to whether we want to see it succeed. Might as well make the best of what we have.
Wehrdo is offline Find More Posts by Wehrdo
Old Oct 13, 2012, 05:11 PM
Staffs, UK
Joined Nov 2003
10,672 Posts
Let's face it this is the relatively democratic part of RCG, there was a vote, the vote passed so now we're heading for the trial period where we see how well the new forum works.

I didn't want a new forum so I didn't vote for it but I expect I'll look in from time to time, mainly to see if anything interesting has slipped into there rather than being in one of the existing forums where I would previously have expected to find it. That's if I can spot an interesting build among all the builds of things that don't interest me.

Good luck with the new forum you "Balsa and Lite Ply scratch and kit" builders .

Steve
slipstick is online now Find More Posts by slipstick
Old Oct 13, 2012, 05:14 PM
United States, MD, Elkton
Joined Oct 2011
8,979 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wehrdo View Post
I suppose we are all too stubborn for me to even bother explaining my position on this discussion about there being no place to post balsa builds.

One thing I want to clear up right now:

After the forum is created, there's a good chance I'll start a thread in there. I sure hope I'll be welcome, even though I was one of the "losers" who voted against it. Whether I, or anyone else, supported its creation is irrelevant to whether we want to see it succeed. Might as well make the best of what we have.
Wait-What? You actually want to post in a thread that you thought was a waste ot space?,difficult to navigate,and would cloud the issue?...Be one more of the
multiple forums covering the same ol' same ol'? A second choice ?

Okay-welcome aboard.We are modeling brothers,all....show us what you got.
epoxyearl is online now Find More Posts by epoxyearl
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 13, 2012, 05:17 PM
United States, MD, Elkton
Joined Oct 2011
8,979 Posts
The Horse is still dead-I have quit beating it.

Work bench is clean,building tools are ready....Bright lights,finger poised........
epoxyearl is online now Find More Posts by epoxyearl
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 13, 2012, 05:21 PM
Joined Nov 2005
25,303 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by leccyflyer View Post
That's a false belief Frank, but hey, it's only the solid evidence of many thousands of posts about balsa builds of warbirds, scale models, sports models, 3d models, indoor models, jets, EDF models and all of the other categories that contain all of those thousands of posts.
So what? That still does not prove that there is a dedicated forum for building models and the fact that you have not provided one single link to any forum here on RCG is evidence enough that one does not exist.

Frank
Last edited by Murocflyer; Oct 13, 2012 at 05:32 PM.
Old Oct 13, 2012, 05:25 PM
Joined Nov 2005
25,303 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by slipstick View Post
Let's face it this is the relatively democratic part of RCG, there was a vote, the vote passed so now we're heading for the trial period where we see how well the new forum works.

I didn't want a new forum so I didn't vote for it but I expect I'll look in from time to time, mainly to see if anything interesting has slipped into there rather than being in one of the existing forums where I would previously have expected to find it. That's if I can spot an interesting build among all the builds of things that don't interest me.

Good luck with the new forum you "Balsa and Lite Ply scratch and kit" builders .

Steve
Thanks Steve and myself and many others appreciate you wishing us the best. That's a great attitude and I respect you for your candid response.

I look at it this way, if this new forum helps generate interest for at least one new person to "build something" then we have accomplished a lot. If this forum turns out to be a focal point of model airplanes builds that is wonderful. If it doesn't, then well we tried and we can go back to the way it was. Better to have tried and failed then not try at all.

Frank
Last edited by Murocflyer; Oct 13, 2012 at 05:31 PM.
Old Oct 13, 2012, 05:28 PM
Dragons, WindMills, all Same
United States, IN, Indianapolis
Joined May 2002
4,272 Posts
"Work bench is clean,building tools are ready....Bright lights,finger poised........"

Then you expressed actions are better than most of ours.
jcstalls is offline Find More Posts by jcstalls
RCG Plus Member
Closed Thread