HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
View Poll Results: Would you like to see this new forum created?
Yes 97 90.65%
N0 10 9.35%
Voters: 107. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
Old Oct 13, 2012, 12:46 PM
All under control, Grommit!
United Kingdom, Aberdeen
Joined Sep 2000
12,507 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murocflyer View Post
Dozens? Really? I see zero dedicated forums for building model airplanes. And before someone says there are two foam forums, this is about balsa built airplanes so that doesn't count.

Frank
There are dozens of forums dedicated towards building and flying model aeroplanes - the members of this forum have been posting to them for over a dozen years.
leccyflyer is offline Find More Posts by leccyflyer
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 13, 2012, 12:50 PM
Promoting Model Aviation...
United States, CA, Tehachapi
Joined Nov 2005
24,843 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by leccyflyer View Post
There are dozens of forums dedicated towards building and flying model aeroplanes - the members of this forum have been posting to them for over a dozen years.
There are zero. I do not see any forums dedicated to building balsa model airplanes. This new forum will be the very first one that I know of on RCG.

That is why this forum was created by such a large margin. People want and need this forum.

Frank
Murocflyer is offline Find More Posts by Murocflyer
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Who Appreciates Your Work?
Old Oct 13, 2012, 12:59 PM
Not failing=Not trying enough
United States, IA, Coralville
Joined Jun 2011
360 Posts
Quote:
Dozens? Really? I see zero dedicated forums for building model airplanes. And before someone says there are two foam forums, this is about balsa built airplanes so that doesn't count.

Frank
Then what do you consider this forum's (The Builders Workshop) purpose is?

"Discussion of RC model building techniques, including scratchbuilding, kits, plans, and related tools, machining, etc."
Wehrdo is offline Find More Posts by Wehrdo
Old Oct 13, 2012, 01:00 PM
wood is good
United States, CA, Marina Del Rey
Joined Jun 2012
1,316 Posts
Losers (the under 10%-ers) often do not lose gracefully.
loNslo is offline Find More Posts by loNslo
Old Oct 13, 2012, 01:08 PM
Joined Nov 2005
24,843 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wehrdo View Post
Then what do you consider this forum's (The Builders Workshop) purpose is?

"Discussion of RC model building techniques, including scratchbuilding, kits, plans, and related tools, machining, etc."
I thought I had explained my postion many times already, but I'll try again.

You bolded the wrong word(s).

"Discussion of RC model building techniques, including scratchbuilding, kits, plans, and related tools, machining, etc"

That bolded word says it all. This new forum will not simply be about "techniques" but will be about building complete airplanes. That is why 97 people voted Yes to this new forum. They want a place to detail build threads in a specific location and not scattered throughout RCG.

Make sense?

Frank
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 13, 2012, 01:09 PM
United Kingdom, Aberdeen
Joined Sep 2000
12,507 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by loNslo View Post
The notion that a new forum suggestion is a matter of winning and losing is almost as absurd as the contention that there were previously zero fora dedicated towards the building of model aeroplanes.
Old Oct 13, 2012, 01:11 PM
United Kingdom, Aberdeen
Joined Sep 2000
12,507 Posts
Quote:
I thought I had explained my postion many times already, but I'll try again.

You bolded the wrong word(s).

"Discussion of RC model building techniques, including scratchbuilding, kits, plans, and related tools, machining, etc"

That bolded word says it all. This new forum will not simply be about "techniques" but will be about building complete airplanes. That is why 97 people voted Yes to this new forum. They want a place to detail build threads in a specific location and not scattered throughout RCG.

Make sense?

Frank
Maybe someone ought to tell all of those members here who have posted thousands of posts in hundreds of build threads in dozens of fora over the past decade that there wasn't a forum dedicated to those build threads.
Old Oct 13, 2012, 01:14 PM
United States, MD, Elkton
Joined Oct 2011
8,237 Posts
On the beaten path.

Quote:
Actually-I wouldn't call them losers-at least not leccyflyer....he was most helpful in pointing out the obvious pitfalls impeding our progress...He supplied much useful information along the way....Some modifications were made at times to be sure all knew what was expected of the new forum..
Definitions and guidelines were solidified so as not to interfere with the intent of it.
And yes-some aircraft are held until the new forum is operational,as proof of the high interest.
It's done! Now,Lead,Follow,or get out of the way!
epoxyearl is offline Find More Posts by epoxyearl
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by epoxyearl; Oct 13, 2012 at 01:18 PM. Reason: I spelled leccyflyer's name incorrectly
Old Oct 13, 2012, 01:15 PM
Joined Nov 2005
24,843 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by leccyflyer View Post
Maybe someone ought to tell all of those members here who have posted thousands of posts in hundreds of build threads in dozens of fora over the past decade that there wasn't a forum dedicated to those build threads.
You gotta post them somewhere. Somehere is better than nowhere. What is your point and why do you care?
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 13, 2012, 01:21 PM
Joined Nov 2005
24,843 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by epoxyearl View Post
Actually-I wouldn't call them losers-at least not leccyflyer....he was most helpful in pointing out the obvious pitfalls impeding our progress...He supplied much useful information along the way....Some modifications were made at times to be sure all knew what was expected of the new forum..
Definitions and guidelines were solidified so as not to interfere with the intent of it.
And yes-some aircraft are held until the new forum is operational,as proof of the high interest.
It's done! Now,Lead,Follow,or get out of the way!
Well there sure seems to be a couple angry people here today about it. Instead of being happy for the 97 people who voted and now were are getting a new forum dedicated to building model airplanes, we are hashing over the same thing we discussed for months prior.

I wonder how many of those folks that voted no have even done any build threads in the past year?

I say it is time to get over it and move on.

Frank
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 13, 2012, 01:21 PM
Joined Oct 2011
8,237 Posts
Actually-we talked to the front office,and they approved the request,posted the poll,agreed it was in their best interests,and ours,and accepted the forum.

The agreement was met diplomatically-by common vote-the horse is dead.

We thought,with your experience,you'd take it a bit more gracefully......
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Back to square one !
Old Oct 13, 2012, 01:26 PM
Joined Nov 2005
24,843 Posts
Quote:
Actually-we talked to the front office,and they approved the request,posted the poll,agreed it was in their best interests,and ours,and accepted the forum.

The agreement was met diplomatically-by common vote-the horse is dead.

We thought,with your experience,you'd take it a bit more gracefully......
Exactly! It's a done deal. Let's be happy and move on. No reason to get into any silly agruments about what is already happened. We can't change the outcome.

Frank
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 13, 2012, 01:33 PM
wood is good
United States, CA, Marina Del Rey
Joined Jun 2012
1,316 Posts
Quote:
...Now,Lead,Follow,or get out of the way!
Not sure I deserved that.
loNslo is offline Find More Posts by loNslo
Old Oct 13, 2012, 02:08 PM
United Kingdom, Aberdeen
Joined Sep 2000
12,507 Posts
Quote:
You gotta post them somewhere. Somehere is better than nowhere. What is your point and why do you care?
Perhaps if you had taken the time, Frank, to actually read the thread discussing the new forum proposal, you might have a better understanding of that, since it is all explained in some detail..

OTOH you could just erroneously imagine that I am just a random angry person or somehow considered that I had "lost" in this poll.. You'd be entirely mistaken, of course.
Old Oct 13, 2012, 02:09 PM
Joined Oct 2011
8,237 Posts
Quote:
Not sure I deserved that.
That was not intended for you,but for leccyflyer....I posted immediately following his post ,but that ain't where it went !

I apologise for making you think it was meant for you.I'm sorry..

Can you find it in yer heart to forgive me ? Earl.
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Back to square one !
Closed Thread