HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 07, 2012, 03:31 PM
AMA 994002
United States, RI, Westerly
Joined May 2012
1,050 Posts
Here's what went down today:
You are now chatting with : Zoe (Customer Service)
Zoe:
Thank you for contacting the HobbyKing Support Team. How may I help you?
You:
Hi Zoe, could you PLEASE tell me what I have to do when next the Orange 3 Axis Stabilizer I ordered is back in stock? It's been 4 days, the item has come and gone from stock, and I'm still waiting for my order...
You:
Order #2005369620
Zoe:
One moment please.
Zoe:
We are truly sorry for the delay in your order. We are now following up with our warehouse to check. Please rest assured that we will have your parcel dispatched as soon as possible. Kindly check your order status in 24-48 hours and contact us via live chat or email at support@hobbyking.zendesk.com if your order has not been posted yet.
You:
Just so you know, it's been in "print Queue" for the last 4 days. 2 days ago it came back into stock, and right back out of stock the next day, and my order is still in queue (I think I spelled that right?)
You:
But I will check back on Monday to see what's going on...
Zoe:
We apologize for the inconvenience.Is there anything else that I may help you with?
You:
Nope, that's it, I'll check back again on Monday, Thanks
matiac is offline Find More Posts by matiac
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Stability issue
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 07, 2012, 03:57 PM
Bye Bye VP Aug 2010 - Aug 2012
United Kingdom, London
Joined Jan 2005
6,006 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by matiac View Post
Here's what went down today:
You are now chatting with : Zoe (Customer Service)
Zoe:
Thank you for contacting the HobbyKing Support Team. How may I help you?
You:
Hi Zoe, could you PLEASE tell me what I have to do when next the Orange 3 Axis Stabilizer I ordered is back in stock? It's been 4 days, the item has come and gone from stock, and I'm still waiting for my order...
You:
Order #2005369620
Zoe:
One moment please.
Zoe:
We are truly sorry for the delay in your order. We are now following up with our warehouse to check. Please rest assured that we will have your parcel dispatched as soon as possible. Kindly check your order status in 24-48 hours and contact us via live chat or email at support@hobbyking.zendesk.com if your order has not been posted yet.
You:
Just so you know, it's been in "print Queue" for the last 4 days. 2 days ago it came back into stock, and right back out of stock the next day, and my order is still in queue (I think I spelled that right?)
You:
But I will check back on Monday to see what's going on...
Zoe:
We apologize for the inconvenience.Is there anything else that I may help you with?
You:
Nope, that's it, I'll check back again on Monday, Thanks
And because it's only 14.99 you'll be hanging on in there...like the thousands of others who know a bargain when they see it.
Gerry__ is offline Find More Posts by Gerry__
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Foamie Resurrection
Old Oct 07, 2012, 04:12 PM
AMA 994002
Joined May 2012
1,050 Posts
And I understand that completely...I really do. What I don't understand is the double-talk I've been getting, I don't mind waiting, but don't tell me you're going to ship my item after emailing me to tell me the item is back in stock, then tell me some "cock-and-bull" about it having to be removed from backorder status (and I quote), THEN tell me you're going to follow up with the warehouse, and let me know via email what's up, and never do. I have a lot more respect for someone being up front with me, rather than attempting to "shut-me-up", which is the impression I'm under, and there really is no excuse for it.
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 07, 2012, 04:15 PM
Bye Bye VP Aug 2010 - Aug 2012
United Kingdom, London
Joined Jan 2005
6,006 Posts
Quote:
And I understand that completely...I really do. What I don't understand is the double-talk I've been getting, I don't mind waiting, but don't tell me you're going to ship my item after emailing me to tell me the item is back in stock, then tell me some "cock-and-bull" about it having to be removed from backorder status (and I quote), THEN tell me you're going to follow up with the warehouse, and let me know via email what's up, and never do. I have a lot more respect for someone being up front with me, rather than attempting to "shut-me-up", which is the impression I'm under, and there really is no excuse for it.
Vote with your feet, is my advice, and don't give them any more of your money.
Gerry__ is offline Find More Posts by Gerry__
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Foamie Resurrection
Old Oct 07, 2012, 04:48 PM
Space Coast USA
Space Coast
Joined Oct 2000
21,158 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerry__ View Post
And because it's only 14.99 you'll be hanging on in there...like the thousands of others who know a bargain when they see it.
IMO, that's the problem, the 1000(?) back orders for that item. Here's my take on what is happening FWIW. The inventory control system sees 200 orange 3x come in and as programed, notifies all back orderers. The back order system then fills the oldest 200 backorders. The other 800 back orders don't get filled. It would be nice if the system would tell you where you stood on the back order list. There would be less angst from the customers if they new where they stood. That's one reason I don't order back ordered items. One other suggestion, keep an eye out for the item coming in under a different part number. I've seen the same ESC listed in 2 different places, one on back order and the other in stock........go figure.
hoppy is offline Find More Posts by hoppy
Old Oct 07, 2012, 07:29 PM
Joined Aug 2012
72 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crater Maker View Post
Stick to what I know?
I know when a plane has a cowl in the box from a totally different plane.
I know when the plastic parts for the prop are only half formed in the mold and you can only put one prop out of three on either one of the motors.
I know when I see one of the legs from the retracts broken off and thrown in the box.
I know how to count. One spinner in a kit for a twin engine airplane.
I know when a servo is glued in upside down with the output shaft pushed into the foam so it would go in the hole.

Even someone like you could figure out there is a problem with this plane.

You keep right on buying and rebuying parts to fix your Hobby King junk.
Better luck? lol Yeah, that's pretty lucky.

Crater....you know Im with you I have spent alot with HK...I had someone just like gilligan there reply to me just the same way....like I should just bend over further and be happy.....it amazing to me. It even says you have 30 + year in the hobby. Can someone let me know if the BBB can do something. Like I said Crater Im with you...take a deep breathe.....
cantyman is offline Find More Posts by cantyman
Old Oct 07, 2012, 08:16 PM
looking up down under
Australia, NSW, Fairlight
Joined Feb 2008
1,565 Posts
yes waiting is excruciating if you are being crucified

but there's the option of getting on with other things and being pleasantly surprised when stuff finally arrives, given that life presents opportunities to distract yourself

inconvenience is rarely fatal; cheap toys are a bonus
scruffy1 is offline Find More Posts by scruffy1
Old Oct 07, 2012, 08:49 PM
AMA 994002
Joined May 2012
1,050 Posts
BREAKTHROUGH!!! They have printed a ticket, and the item will be shipped!
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 07, 2012, 10:27 PM
looking up down under
Australia, NSW, Fairlight
Joined Feb 2008
1,565 Posts
Quote:
BREAKTHROUGH!!! They have printed a ticket, and the item will be shipped!
took me ~5 months to get the servo they never sent with my mini-stick

but it did eventually arrive
scruffy1 is offline Find More Posts by scruffy1
Old Oct 07, 2012, 10:52 PM
Closed Account
Joined Aug 2007
4,497 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scruffy1 View Post
took me ~5 months to get the servo they never sent with my mini-stick

but it did eventually arrive
What did you even do for those five months? I was in a similar situation, and slept for most of the time, only checking for updates on hobbyking.com. I suppose I could have lessened the angst by buying a part in stock from some other distributor, or moving on to another project, but I was dead set on this one plane that had a broken part.

Of course I lost my sanity and committed several crimes and served some time because I was out of work. I had changed addresses several times. Thanks to the post office, I received the part in good condition two years later.

Unfortunately, the plane had a lot of hangar rash from the cops busting down my door, and then then storage facility (my car that was in impound), then the house owner dog chewing and couch owner girlfriend spitting on & stomping my airplane and burning it with cigarettes.

It's been a long two years, but I will never give up on HK.
eagle777 is offline Find More Posts by eagle777
Last edited by eagle777; Oct 07, 2012 at 11:11 PM. Reason: I didn't know this had been moved to the correct forum before I posted :(
Old Oct 08, 2012, 12:04 AM
United States, VA, Richmond
Joined Aug 2012
1,152 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by eagle777 View Post
What did you even do for those five months? I was in a similar situation, and slept for most of the time, only checking for updates on hobbyking.com. I suppose I could have lessened the angst by buying a part in stock from some other distributor, or moving on to another project, but I was dead set on this one plane that had a broken part.

Of course I lost my sanity and committed several crimes and served some time because I was out of work. I had changed addresses several times. Thanks to the post office, I received the part in good condition two years later.

Unfortunately, the plane had a lot of hangar rash from the cops busting down my door, and then then storage facility (my car that was in impound), then the house owner dog chewing and couch owner girlfriend spitting on & stomping my airplane and burning it with cigarettes.

It's been a long two years, but I will never give up on HK.
Is this sarcasm or did this really happen?
Babadush is offline Find More Posts by Babadush
Old Oct 08, 2012, 12:25 AM
Closed Account
Joined Aug 2007
4,497 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Babadush View Post
Is this sarcasm or did this really happen?
Have you heard about the time I was laying rubber through Montana at 140mph while carrying 100kg of cheap lithium in my trunk while being chased by Thunder Power agents?
eagle777 is offline Find More Posts by eagle777
Last edited by eagle777; Oct 08, 2012 at 12:45 AM.
Old Oct 08, 2012, 01:05 AM
United States, VA, Richmond
Joined Aug 2012
1,152 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by eagle777 View Post
Have you heard about the time I was laying rubber through Montana at 140mph while carrying 100kg of cheap lithium in my trunk while being chased by Thunder Power agents?
No you didn't please elaborate haha
Babadush is offline Find More Posts by Babadush
Old Oct 08, 2012, 01:08 AM
The END.....ha!
Australia, SA, Edinburgh
Joined Aug 2009
5,902 Posts
Lol
KCV6 is offline Find More Posts by KCV6
Old Oct 08, 2012, 03:36 AM
PEMAC
Australia, New South Wales, Penrith
Joined Jul 2007
755 Posts
Eagle, stop spilling the beans about the lithium!
SleepySean is offline Find More Posts by SleepySean