HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 06, 2012, 04:04 AM
AMA 994002
United States, RI, Westerly
Joined May 2012
1,050 Posts
Did you know that if you have a backordered Item, it's up to you, the buyer, to remove it from backorder status when the item IS in stock again? For the last 2 days Hobby King's "Customer Service" has basically been talking in circles, the item I ordered has come into and out of stock again, and it's STILL backordered. Why is it up to me to change the status of my order??? My only obligation here should be placing the order, and when the item is in stock again, it gets shipped, but apparently that's not how things work at H.K., so now I guess I have to check every day for the next 2 weeks to see if it's in stock again, and have ANOTHER battle of words with Ricky, Kathy, or my favorite, Ivy. But I will say this is the first time I've had trouble with them, but it IS pretty frustrating...
matiac is offline Find More Posts by matiac
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Stability issue
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 06, 2012, 04:11 AM
The END.....ha!
Australia, SA, Edinburgh
Joined Aug 2009
5,878 Posts
Nah it's not up to the purchaser at all, it's automatic. I suspect you are down on the BO list (lots of others infront of you). Our last BO was automatic when it came in stock.

For example. you are BO number 50. they come in in lots of 20. you won't get yours till the 3rd lot comes in.

Mark
KCV6 is offline Find More Posts by KCV6
Old Oct 06, 2012, 04:50 AM
AMA 994002
Joined May 2012
1,050 Posts
OK, granted. So why are they talking in circles, why not just tell me that instead of emailing me when it's in stock, then I have 2 reps telling me the item will ship, and another telling me it's still on backorder status? THEN turns around on THAT and say it's "in stock for my order"??? The item in question is the Orange 3 Axis Stabilizer. I knew it was out of stock 3 days ago, but went ahead and ordered it anyway, putting it on backorder status. The day after Kathy said it would be 10 to 25 days for restock, I got an email saying it was in stock, and would ship...
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 06, 2012, 04:57 AM
The END.....ha!
Australia, SA, Edinburgh
Joined Aug 2009
5,878 Posts
I'm sure it's just an auto instock type email and simple confusion between the different reps. It happens. Best bet is to probably open a ticket with them via their customer support center and simply let it run it's course. Frustrating? yes, much you can do about it? Probably not.

Mark
KCV6 is offline Find More Posts by KCV6
Old Oct 06, 2012, 07:45 AM
United States, VA, Richmond
Joined Aug 2012
1,152 Posts
Why not keep the back ordered item out of your cart until you get the email saying it's in stock?
Babadush is offline Find More Posts by Babadush
Old Oct 06, 2012, 08:18 AM
AMA 994002
Joined May 2012
1,050 Posts
Cart's empty. It's been bought and paid for for 3 days. 2 days ago they sent me an email stating the item was in stock, and would ship "soon". I dunno, I guess I gotta wait, and again, after many orders this is the first time it's happened with Hobby King, just all this double-talk is kinda leaving me wondering if I want to do further business with them. Which sucks, because their prices can't be beat, so I guess that's the trade-off...
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 06, 2012, 12:57 PM
A4Framie
New Zealand, Marlborough, Woodbourne
Joined Nov 2011
274 Posts
I have been having similiar responses from CS regarding various queries. I think we have to accept that there are a lot of "standard responses" and "automated replies" in the Hobbyking system. Beyond that we also have to accept that the persons we are dealing with use English as their second language and therefore some things are bound to get lost in translation. I am not having a go at HK, it's just something we have to soak up if we want to deal with a company fairly much anywhere in asia.
We go there for the prices, not for the service!!

Alfiev
alfiev is offline Find More Posts by alfiev
Old Oct 06, 2012, 03:08 PM
Joined Aug 2012
1,152 Posts
As with any customer service the people just read from a predetermined script.
Old Oct 06, 2012, 09:52 PM
ARFs make me BARF
United States, MI, Roseville
Joined Dec 2000
9,025 Posts
You get what you pay for....
mrittinger is offline Find More Posts by mrittinger
Old Oct 07, 2012, 12:09 AM
United States, TN, Moscow
Joined Oct 2003
39 Posts
Update on my situation-
One of the Customer Service people read my posts on here and sent a private message.
He asked for the CS Request numbers for my order. I gave them to him and he researched the problem.
He took the situation in hand and let me know a new airplane is on the way.
Two thumbs up to him for resolving this situation.
I checked my HK account and sure enough there is a new order in que and has been picked and shipped from the US wharehouse.
Crater Maker is offline Find More Posts by Crater Maker
Old Oct 07, 2012, 02:45 AM
looking up down under
Australia, NSW, Fairlight
Joined Feb 2008
1,433 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crater Maker View Post
Update on my situation-
One of the Customer Service people read my posts on here and sent a private message.
He asked for the CS Request numbers for my order. I gave them to him and he researched the problem.
I checked my HK account and sure enough there is a new order in que and has been picked and shipped from the US wharehouse.
my experience (with andrea) was similar

the previous person involved sent me basic scripted replies and ignored my response which had supplied all they needed to proceed

i wrote in a re-opened old ticket to "andrea", and she acted as i requested to resolve the problem by refunding me for the defective part almost instantly

my suggestion that they promote her to training role for the less useful customer support was accepted as a compliment, but sadly i don't think acted upon

if you strike gold with a support person, i would suggest that thereafter you send any complaint directly to them by re-opening whatever was your last "closed" request that they solved, and telling them the new complaint

generally they will start a new ticket with it, but thereafter the results are good
scruffy1 is online now Find More Posts by scruffy1
Old Oct 07, 2012, 09:06 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Sep 2012
428 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Babadush View Post
As with any customer service the people just read from a predetermined script.
They don't seem to do that at Horizon. Sure, they probably have "cheat notes", but they're not on a script. They actually talk to you and let you explain the problem in detail first, from my experience.
crvnation is offline Find More Posts by crvnation
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Oct 07, 2012, 09:16 AM
Joined Aug 2012
1,152 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by crvnation View Post
They don't seem to do that at Horizon. Sure, they probably have "cheat notes", but they're not on a script. They actually talk to you and let you explain the problem in detail first, from my experience.
I'm referring to any customer service of most companies. It may not seem like they are on a script but most are. Cable/Internet customer service comes to mind.
Old Oct 07, 2012, 11:14 AM
AMA 994002
Joined May 2012
1,050 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crater Maker View Post
Update on my situation-
Ricky was supposed to do a follow-up on my order, I was under the impression I would be emailed about it, haven't heard anything yet, frankly, I'm a little confused as to what I'm supposed to do next. The items backordered, so who removes it from that status? The item was in stock after I placed my order, and it's out of stock again, so what happens, because it's on backorder status, nobody removes it from that, I have to do it, am I on a list of other people waiting for the same thing, all they have to do is LET ME KNOW THAT, but all I get is double-talk instead of just telling me that. I had no idea it was this much of a pain in the a$$ to back order something...
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 07, 2012, 12:10 PM
Joined Aug 2012
1,152 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by matiac View Post
Ricky was supposed to do a follow-up on my order, I was under the impression I would be emailed about it, haven't heard anything yet, frankly, I'm a little confused as to what I'm supposed to do next. The items backordered, so who removes it from that status? The item was in stock after I placed my order, and it's out of stock again, so what happens, because it's on backorder status, nobody removes it from that, I have to do it, am I on a list of other people waiting for the same thing, all they have to do is LET ME KNOW THAT, but all I get is double-talk instead of just telling me that. I had no idea it was this much of a pain in the a$$ to back order something...
When I got my refund the cs rep gave me an email to the cs department.