HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 03, 2012, 01:21 PM
United States, CA, Oceanside
Joined Apr 2011
4,885 Posts
What some folks have stated is that if the merchandise is already packaged in a shipment box and they don't have to repackage it, it can indeed get to your house faster than if they have to actually pick the merchandise and place it in a shipping carton. Makes sense.
chucksolo69 is offline Find More Posts by chucksolo69
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 03, 2012, 02:32 PM
John
United States, CA, Heber
Joined Sep 2012
1,523 Posts
Banana had a T-28 on my door step in three days with the lowest shipping rate. no compaints here.
jk6672 is online now Find More Posts by jk6672
Old Oct 03, 2012, 02:46 PM
Stockton, Ca. USA
Joined Apr 2001
9,432 Posts
It is my understanding that NitroPlanes and Banana Hobby are two separate and unrelated companies. Nitro Planes is associated with several other companies however. I believe Banana Hobbies has taken measures to improve their service and most of my friends that order from them confirm improved notice about orders received and when shipped with tracking numbers. My own experience has been very good with Banana Hobby but reading the forums there is room for improvement if what is posted is current. mike H
Michael Heer is offline Find More Posts by Michael Heer
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 03, 2012, 04:09 PM
Kamikaze Ace
USA, FL, Lakeland
Joined Jan 2010
2,377 Posts
NitroPlanes, also know as Raidentech, Xheli, NitroRCX, and Hobbypartz. Listed right there on their site.

Banana is their own animal.

And my take on any of them. If it's a plane, I'm buying for the airframe only, any included parts get yanked and tossed. If it's something else, like a motor/esc/pack, I don't even think about a warranty or customer service at the price they advertise.

If you want customer service, you will pay for it. Think Horizon, prices are higher, but customer service is some of the best, if not the best in the industry.

BH and such, cheaper prices, so don't expect any help if something goes wrong.

Also Horizon owns many of the companies who's product they sell. They control what goes into their products.

BH, and the rest, just buy a container of stuff from China. No input, just bulk buying. What they get, good or bad, is what you get.
Glacier Girl is offline Find More Posts by Glacier Girl
Old Oct 03, 2012, 10:31 PM
Yea, I fly dusty planes..
United States, LA, Angie
Joined Apr 2009
2,052 Posts
Headsuprc has as good or better CS as HH. They are both top notch
zeezee is offline Find More Posts by zeezee
Old Oct 04, 2012, 04:15 PM
Joined Apr 2011
4,885 Posts
Never tried them. Don't they sell HH stuff too?
Old Oct 05, 2012, 10:31 AM
Joined Sep 2012
79 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksolo69 View Post
I would call the carrier and have them leave it at a neighbors or somewhere inconspicuous. I have had a drop shipment from UPS stolen from my doorstep.
I have one of my neighbors grabbing it for me.

What I'm more upset about is i had to order molex-jr plug adapters for this plane from hobby king and they just emailed saying it shipped from china, but may take 45 days
jirish617 is offline Find More Posts by jirish617
Old Oct 05, 2012, 11:15 AM
Yea, I fly dusty planes..
United States, LA, Angie
Joined Apr 2009
2,052 Posts
I ordered a giant FMS 60" Pitts bi-plane on Oct.1 at 12:00 pm and my UPS guy just knocked on my door with it in perfect condition 30 minutes ago! Today is Oct.5th. That is one hell of a good job! Shipping was their regular ground at a fair price. Dave/Zee
zeezee is offline Find More Posts by zeezee
Old Oct 05, 2012, 01:57 PM
United States, ID, Burley
Joined Mar 2012
3,297 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Heer View Post
It is my understanding that NitroPlanes and Banana Hobby are two separate and unrelated companies. Nitro Planes is associated with several other companies however. I believe Banana Hobbies has taken measures to improve their service and most of my friends that order from them confirm improved notice about orders received and when shipped with tracking numbers. My own experience has been very good with Banana Hobby but reading the forums there is room for improvement if what is posted is current. mike H
yea same here, from what i see,nitroplanes,hobbypartz, and a couple others are owned by (i think) its like hobbico ??
fastfwd is offline Find More Posts by fastfwd
Old Oct 05, 2012, 04:12 PM
United States, CA, Garden Grove
Joined Oct 2000
11,945 Posts
I keep hearing about lack of available replacement parts from HK, BH, NP, etc. Many parts are somewhat delicate and waiting for replacements that are out of stock ,or never were in stock, is not fun at all. Park Zone and other name brand's parts are often available at local hobby shops or quickly shipped from US based suppliers. I ordered a Super Cub 25 landing gear set from E-Flite and got it the next day (Yikes!)
E-Challenged is online now Find More Posts by E-Challenged
Old Oct 05, 2012, 05:05 PM
Joined Apr 2011
4,885 Posts
Nope, no way BH or NP are owned by Hobbico. Nitro Planes and HobbyPartz are the same company. Banana Hobby is independent.
Old Oct 05, 2012, 05:57 PM
United States, ID, Burley
Joined Mar 2012
3,297 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksolo69 View Post
Nope, no way BH or NP are owned by Hobbico. Nitro Planes and HobbyPartz are the same company. Banana Hobby is independent.
yea it is listed as Nitro Models Inc on paypal invoice
fastfwd is offline Find More Posts by fastfwd
Old Dec 02, 2012, 05:51 PM
Joined Nov 2012
8 Posts
Ordered from banana hobby for the first time and I must say I was very surprised how quick it I received it, 4 days. I got the fms Pitts sport 3 d bi- plane and after flying it a couple times and trimming it up this thing is cool. Time will tell if all the electronics hold up, hope so because this thing is beautiful. Good job BH!
Althorpe1 is offline Find More Posts by Althorpe1
Old Dec 02, 2012, 06:24 PM
Dixie Sky Devils AMA# 1015548
United States, MS, Tupelo
Joined Oct 2012
1,131 Posts
I just ordered a FMS 1400mm J3 Cub from Banana Hobby got shipping comfirmation from UPS and recieved it in less than a week! thats from Cali to Miss, good as it gets in my book! The FMS Cub was nicely detailed and fly's great, but assembly instructions are poor! I've had experience in model building, but a first timer would be lost? thats not BH's fault but is FMS's they can keep the nice color FMS product catalouge and send some more detailed instuctions! quick connects on servo arms were to loose, had to redo. not as simple assembly as they let on, but all in all a nice product....
tupeloflyer is offline Find More Posts by tupeloflyer
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Sig New ARF 4 Star 64
Old Dec 03, 2012, 01:47 PM
United States, PA, Port Allegany
Joined Aug 2012
161 Posts
I ordered a FMS PT-17 Stearman from Banana Hobby Black Friday deal free shipping CA to PA was hear in 6 days . It was my first time buying from BH and my first FMS plane. Very happy with both.
74charger is offline Find More Posts by 74charger