SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Oct 01, 2012, 08:48 PM
United States, VT, Rutland
Joined Dec 2011
536 Posts
Discussion
Heli Freak hacked ?

My puta is blocking entry and saying it is an "attack site".
Brian VT is online now Find More Posts by Brian VT
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 01, 2012, 09:12 PM
Bordem
Joined Jan 2011
10 Posts
Doing the same here
Dwarren426 is offline Find More Posts by Dwarren426
Old Oct 01, 2012, 09:20 PM
United States, CA, Brentwood
Joined Jun 2012
451 Posts
All sites going crazy today. Cnc zone same thing.
Underthetire is offline Find More Posts by Underthetire
Old Oct 01, 2012, 09:26 PM
Joined Jul 2011
1,389 Posts
me too. helifreak site is detected as malware site. false alarm??
wlee1017 is offline Find More Posts by wlee1017
Old Oct 01, 2012, 09:28 PM
Closed Account
Joined Apr 2010
1,025 Posts
Yesterday I clicked one of those blue links that said something like photos here ( I don't go to helifreak intentionally) and my AV said it stopped 2 trojans.
I doubt they were hacked, it's usually one or more advertisements that are doing the nasty.
karlik is offline Find More Posts by karlik
Old Oct 01, 2012, 09:50 PM
Suspended Account
Mali, Tombouctou, Timbuktu
Joined Aug 2012
391 Posts
Even my phone is detecting it as a malware URL.
Very odd.
V999D02 is offline Find More Posts by V999D02
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Oct 01, 2012, 10:19 PM
Hong Kong
Joined Jan 2010
6,167 Posts
You can still go there if you want but I am not going to. I don't think it is a false alarm, something definitely has been detected there. It may come from their site or through an ad. But it will take some time for them to convince the relevant agency to remove the warning, That is unless they find the malware quickly.
zadaw is online now Find More Posts by zadaw
Old Oct 01, 2012, 10:23 PM
United States, CA, Brentwood
Joined Jun 2012
451 Posts
It not malware, it's google. Seems to be any or most out of the country websites.
Underthetire is offline Find More Posts by Underthetire
Old Oct 01, 2012, 10:55 PM
Still a N00B
United States, TX, Odessa
Joined Mar 2012
95 Posts
So is there malware or false alarm?
lebaez is offline Find More Posts by lebaez
Old Oct 02, 2012, 12:02 AM
Hong Kong
Joined Jan 2010
6,167 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Underthetire View Post
It not malware, it's google. Seems to be any or most out of the country websites.
Google uses an independent third party for this. Normally, they are very meticulous and accurate. One of my websites had been flagged before and it did have a Malware code on it. It was a forum that was hacked. I had to apply for the site to be unflagged and it takes time. You can still go there if you want but I am not going to do it.
Old Oct 02, 2012, 01:32 AM
Closed Account
Joined Apr 2010
1,025 Posts
People at helifreak are still getting random warnings and antivirus are alerting and blocking trojans.

From this thread at helifreak -

TheBum
HF Support - sept 30

"Sounds like there may be something in one of the ads. Since those rotate randomly, it would be possible to get a warning on one site access and not on another."

Wolfpackin
HF Support oct 1

"All of the Support Staff is aware of the problem but not all of us can take direct action.
I'd bet we will hear from Will on this in the early AM if not sooner.

In the meantime I apologize for the inconvenience and hope that this is not as insidious as it appears."

from google safe search -

Diagnostic page for helifreak.com
What is the current listing status for helifreak.com?

Site is listed as suspicious - visiting this web site may harm your computer.

Part of this site was listed for suspicious activity 2 time(s) over the past 90 days.

What happened when Google visited this site?

Of the 292 pages we tested on the site over the past 90 days, 33 page(s) resulted in malicious software being downloaded and installed without user consent. The last time Google visited this site was on 2012-10-01, and the last time suspicious content was found on this site was on 2012-10-01.
Malicious software includes 12 trojan(s). Successful infection resulted in an average of 2 new process(es) on the target machine.

Malicious software is hosted on 2 domain(s), including applied3dtechnologies.net/, implantclaims.co.uk/.

1 domain(s) appear to be functioning as intermediaries for distributing malware to visitors of this site, including lamanana.hu/.
Old Oct 02, 2012, 02:23 AM
Hong Kong
Joined Jan 2010
6,167 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by karlik View Post
People at helifreak are still getting random warnings and antivirus are alerting and blocking trojans.

From this thread at helifreak -

TheBum
HF Support - sept 30

"Sounds like there may be something in one of the ads. Since those rotate randomly, it would be possible to get a warning on one site access and not on another."

Wolfpackin
HF Support oct 1

"All of the Support Staff is aware of the problem but not all of us can take direct action.
I'd bet we will hear from Will on this in the early AM if not sooner.

In the meantime I apologize for the inconvenience and hope that this is not as insidious as it appears."

from google safe search -

Diagnostic page for helifreak.com
What is the current listing status for helifreak.com?

Site is listed as suspicious - visiting this web site may harm your computer.

Part of this site was listed for suspicious activity 2 time(s) over the past 90 days.

What happened when Google visited this site?

Of the 292 pages we tested on the site over the past 90 days, 33 page(s) resulted in malicious software being downloaded and installed without user consent. The last time Google visited this site was on 2012-10-01, and the last time suspicious content was found on this site was on 2012-10-01.
Malicious software includes 12 trojan(s). Successful infection resulted in an average of 2 new process(es) on the target machine.

Malicious software is hosted on 2 domain(s), including applied3dtechnologies.net/, implantclaims.co.uk/.

1 domain(s) appear to be functioning as intermediaries for distributing malware to visitors of this site, including lamanana.hu/.
Thanks for the information. I would suggest that anybody how has visited HK recently scan their computers for malware.
Old Oct 02, 2012, 08:41 AM
kansas city
Joined Feb 2007
12,272 Posts
If you have good security on your computer it should not a problem. All this seemed to start with the new java for crome update on my computer.
mhills51 is online now Find More Posts by mhills51
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 02, 2012, 08:56 AM
Bordem
Joined Jan 2011
10 Posts
Will James
"HF site contained one infected zip file containing Phoenix custom Heli skins that was uploaded by a good standing member who has been contacted. No software was installed on anyone's computer without opening the file. It makes it tough. I want people to be able to share files and upload the types they want but then stuff like this can happen.

Unless you have been installing stuff in Phoenix you downloaded from here in the last few days, you did not get it from here. Sorry guys. S now no more zips for a while or upload them to a file sharing site and link to them"
Dwarren426 is offline Find More Posts by Dwarren426
Old Oct 02, 2012, 10:01 AM
Closed Account
Joined Apr 2010
1,025 Posts
Will James comment that it was an infected zip file worries me.
As I stated, my av intercepted 2 trojans and I didn't download any zips. Read through the thread and many others intercepted a trojan.
According to google : "Of the 292 pages we tested on the site over the past 90 days, 33 page(s) resulted in malicious software being downloaded and installed without user consent. "
The trojans are attempting to download by simply visiting the site, not by downloading a zip file.

There may have been an ifected zip file, but I don't see how it could have caused the problems described.