HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by RickSide, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Oct 01, 2012, 02:34 PM
Never Under estimate the power
United States, MA, North Attleboro
Joined May 2011
185 Posts
Help!
Extra Life 4 Kids 24 Hour Marathon

If this type of thing isn't permitted, please by all means remove it. I just feel pretty strongly about this so I thought I'd ask for a bit of help here.

I work for a video game company and we've accepted a challenge to raise money for Children's Miracle Network Hospitals. The challenge? Play video games for 24 hours straight with 100% of all proceeds going to a local children's hospital of our choosing. I've chosen Boston Children's Hospital.

Even though I've blown past my original fund raising goal, I think this is a worthy cause and setting a goal as if it were some sort of 'cap' on how much can be raised is counter productive to the ultimate goal: Helping sick kids.

So here's the ask...

http://www.extra-life.org/index.cfm?...cipantID=35128

No scams, no BS, nothing other than an honest appeal to the community for help helping sick kids. Even $5 is meaningful.
RickSide is offline Find More Posts by RickSide
Old Oct 10, 2012, 08:31 PM
Never Under estimate the power
United States, MA, North Attleboro
Joined May 2011
185 Posts
Just wanted to post an update thanks those of you who have kicked in a few bucks to help raise money for Extra Life and Boston Children's Hospital.

To date the total pledged to my effort is $4,551.37, that works out to the 5th highest amount raised by an individual and there are over 10,000 participating!

Thanks again for the support!
RickSide is offline Find More Posts by RickSide
Old Oct 11, 2012, 10:22 AM
.--troll-o-copter--.
United Kingdom, Warks
Joined Jun 2012
214 Posts
That's amazing work! We're doing the same thing for Extra Life here at FreeStyleGames in the UK.
phoxache is offline Find More Posts by phoxache